Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Unless he’s posting pickup pics or M&N related stuff, I wouldn’t even engage with him at this point.

It’s not worth me getting any type of warnings on my account when I post on here regularly. And I don’t want to see anyone else, or even him for that matter get any over some avoidable back and forth pissing contest.
I get you ceddy.

Fax are, I didn't even come in hot.

I just stated the obvious.

I get you ceddy.

Fax are, I didn't even come in hot.

I just stated the obvious.

I feel you completely.

Guess we'll see how long these are allowed to stay up since my last two got sniped for no reason lol. Apparently asking questions about what happened with something I was involved with is frowned upon.

So to keep things M&N, finally joined the dark side and grabbed those Braves dons from Oneness on the 50. It's the only pair I've ever liked enough to care about. Was a little surprised they were jersey material. I was expecting them to be mesh like hoop shorts.

It may be good to make an official authentic jersey thread in general. I know there’s individual pickup threads in sneaker showcase for nba jerseys, swingmans, and other sports authentics.

But a lot of this jersey stuff intersects each other for reasons egaroc1 egaroc1 mentioned. People who are into m&n are usually also into current authentics and older run authentics and there’s alot of similarities in that respect and the conversation often carries over. A thread where all authentic jersey discourse is welcome would be practical. That way it doesn’t open the door for the “it’s not m&n” discourse. Hell I would be fine keeping this thread strictly m&n and starting another thread for authentics, ebbets field flannels and all sorts of other brands.
I tried to start a thread for college jerseys. For stuff such as this Juan Dixon jersey. But it hasn’t gained much traction.
182436EB-A2D0-4A94-8658-89B6E0B116C8.jpeg
2751A61F-6FB4-471E-9BFA-99E9F730210D.jpeg

Finally got my black miami heat authentic shorts delivered from the restock.

I have the og run authentic red heat shorts and I had the og run black heat shorts too. I sold my black ones to a NTer on here because I bought the Just Don 2nd run black heat shorts and those were disappointing AF. Not just the HEAT font wasn't true to the og runs, but the miami heat basketball logo on the leg was the tiniest logo ever. Like that logo was awkwardly small compared to the authentics and the 1st run dons.

So when I rebought the black shorts from the restock, I was praying that it didn't suffer from that tiny logo. Good thing it was pretty much true to the og runs.

Now the only authentic shorts i'm waiting for are the rockets pinstripes, black magic pinstripes, and the black cavs with the blue wave.

Anyone have an Ebbets Field baseball jersey? How do they fit? Want to pick up either a Grays or a Monarchs jersey. Picked up the Lids exclusive jerseys they just released and they're super small.
I have several. They run bigger than M&N. I wear a Large in M&N and a Medium in Ebbets. The first time I ever ordered Ebbets I got larges, because thats what I wear in M&N, and I had to sell them. They were way too big, no way I could even attempt to wear them.

Finally got my black miami heat authentic shorts delivered from the restock.

I have the og run authentic red heat shorts and I had the og run black heat shorts too. I sold my black ones to a NTer on here because I bought the Just Don 2nd run black heat shorts and those were disappointing AF. Not just the HEAT font wasn't true to the og runs, but the miami heat basketball logo on the leg was the tiniest logo ever. Like that logo was awkwardly small compared to the authentics and the 1st run dons.

So when I rebought the black shorts from the restock, I was praying that it didn't suffer from that tiny logo. Good thing it was pretty much true to the og runs.

Now the only authentic shorts i'm waiting for are the rockets pinstripes, black magic pinstripes, and the black cavs with the blue wave.
Hey could u post a few pix of the 2nd run heat shorts in question? Have comparison pix?

From Tru 😭 jk jk

Repost. This is by far the flimsiest MN authentic ever released. Retail price for this is criminal.

PXL_20220301_190919193.jpg PXL_20220301_191003403.jpg

Was the original flimsy as well?

Yes, the original game jerseys were that material. That ASG was the one where the Rev30 jerseys were introduced. Adidas authentics however, were still made out of the regular clima-cool material until the next season. So if you have an Adidas authentic from that ASG, it's the clima-cool version. If you have a M&N reproduction, it's closer to the game jerseys.

Here are the 2nd run heats. Ugly as hell. HEAT is too small and narrow. Logo is comically small:
2nd run.PNG

compared to the 1st run dons and the og/restocked authentics:

1st run.PNG

thanks, asking because im about to pull the trigger on a pair but its 2nd generation for $160. i have the vanilla version of those shorts, and now having 2nd thoughts about upgrading.

That would be a downgrade. It's not even an authentic base shorts. The MIAMI isn't double stitched on like on the authentics, instead the 2nd run heat just dons for whatever reason decided to just fully embroider MIAMI and have the basketball logo ultra small. The only thing gaining is pockets, but at that point it's not a good trade off. I'm slowly going back to authentics from dons that I have a gripe with because they aren't true to the og authentic short baseline.

Here are a few more examples:

Navy blue Warriors Just Dons, the authentic version never had a stitched on lightening bolt on the side. Every og iteration of that style, the lightening bolt was screen printed on.

Black Miami Heat Just Dons 2nd run, the reasons stated above.

Utah Jazz Just Dons, the damn all star logo from a 1993 utah all star game patch on a 1997 pair of shorts...IMO the "UJ" on the shorts made them iconic, the star patch is out of place.

Grizzlies Just Dons, how tf are you going to remove the most iconic logo (the grizzly bear) off of the shorts? So you remove that which was the lure of the og authentics and you decide to put a trim print patch on the leg? WTH?

Even the Pinstripe Rockets Just Don shorts, The rockets on the crotch is the most biggest and bulkiest material known to mankind. It has ZERO give and no matter what you do it's like having an a license plate placard on your crotch no matter how you sit. Also the Rocket logo on the leg is extremely small as well in comparison to og shorts.

I bought them all anyways from Oneness 50% off sale, but i'd rather rock the og authentic versions of those shorts above (still waiting on M&N authentic navy warriors and og rocket pinstripes).

That would be a downgrade. It's not even an authentic base shorts. The MIAMI isn't double stitched on like on the authentics, instead the 2nd run heat just dons for whatever reason decided to just fully embroider MIAMI and have the basketball logo ultra small. The only thing gaining is pockets, but at that point it's not a good trade off. I'm slowly going back to authentics from dons that I have a gripe with because they aren't true to the og authentic short baseline.

Here are a few more examples:

Navy blue Warriors Just Dons, the authentic version never had a stitched on lightening bolt on the side. Every og iteration of that style, the lightening bolt was screen printed on.

Black Miami Heat Just Dons 2nd run, the reasons stated above.

Utah Jazz Just Dons, the damn all star logo from a 1993 utah all star game patch on a 1997 pair of shorts...IMO the "UJ" on the shorts made them iconic, the star patch is out of place.

Grizzlies Just Dons, how tf are you going to remove the most iconic logo (the grizzly bear) off of the shorts? So you remove that which was the lure of the og authentics and you decide to put a trim print patch on the leg? WTH?

Even the Pinstripe Rockets Just Don shorts, The rockets on the crotch is the most biggest and bulkiest material known to mankind. It has ZERO give and no matter what you do it's like having an a license plate placard on your crotch no matter how you sit. Also the Rocket logo on the leg is extremely small as well in comparison to og shorts.

I bought them all anyways from Oneness 50% off sale, but i'd rather rock the og authentic versions of those shorts above (still waiting on M&N authentic navy warriors and og rocket pinstripes).
"license plate" you got me laughing

Back
Top Bottom