Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Hey guys look at our 4 new things! 🙄
FABD147F-5200-47A2-B14E-6D9764256CAE.jpeg

Yeah, such an over-promise, under-deliver type of situation. I miss 4-5 years back when they would announce an authentic drop and it would be 10-15 new things… I thought there was a chance that the Shareef would at least be a part of this drop, but no dice.
You’ve had info in the past, anything new or intriguing coming soon? Lol

I just posted an Instagram post of theirs yesterday promoting the supposed new releases coming out today, and it's not surprising that it was underwhelming.

80E66622-6098-4B1D-AE01-DF9DEB2ED6B3.gif

I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY M&N IS BEING SO SECRETIVE ABOUT WHAT IS DROPPING FRIDAY! Bruh, just tell us already! Why are they so secretive about dropping stuff? I’ve never understood why they just don’t have drop dates. I also don’t understand why they don’t take costumer feedback more seriously when it comes to what jerseys they should look to put out in the future. They drop some weird color faded jerseys constantly but ignore putting out an authentic Utah Jazz Stockton, Washington Bullets Manute Bol, Detriot Pistons Dennis Rodman or any other great jerseys they could drop. It’s the same old weird jerseys with weird crazy colors or ANOTHER DAMN JORDAN JERSEY FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME! I honestly sick of it.

I know, right?

They're too focused on useless or asinine fashion gimmicks. The sad part is that dumb fashion gimmick has seeped to authentic stuff with those supposedly authentic pale gold Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant jerseys that have jacked up prices.

Coincidentally, I actually mentioned that multiple times 20 years ago during the throwback jersey fad that they should have made an authentic Bullets jersey of Bol. I even posted that suggestion on here last year.

I believe they made Stockton jerseys years ago but they've been out of circulation for years now.

I also believe they made the Pistons Rodman jersey in the early 2000s. I haven't seen any authentic '80s Pistons jerseys since the early 2000s, particularly Isiah Thomas.

It's understandable why they pimp out many variations of Jordan jerseys and jerseys of other highly popular names since there's always going to be a demand for them. It doesn't bother me because I have a tendency to get those jerseys as long as I can get a bargain. Those variations give me options since I'm also seriously into signature shoes, so it aligns with my matching style habit. I like matching a specific year jersey with the specific signature shoe that coincides with that year.

How M&N announcing new drops on the site only, have banners showing the new releases, but when you click, they're not there? What kind of nonsense is this?

It's basically their redundant clueless or dumb tired marketing strategy that's clearly not conducive for them and the customers.

All this roll-out for a Marbury Nets jersey (wide shoulders no less).

Ok :lol:

I recently mentioned they should go with Jason Kidd if they decided to make those alternate gray Nets jerseys because he will always be the greatest player in that Nets era, but they ended up making Stephon Marbury instead. Seriously, what the F?

Yeah, such an over-promise, under-deliver type of situation. I miss 4-5 years back when they would announce an authentic drop and it would be 10-15 new things… I thought there was a chance that the Shareef would at least be a part of this drop, but no dice.

Get used to these so-called new releases of theirs because it's been like this for the last few years with underwhelming products or just rehashed things that are marketed as new somehow.

You’ve had info in the past, anything new or intriguing coming soon? Lol
I’m waiting to confirm a few things coming soon, but one intriguing thing about those Heat shorts that dropped today is that I think a white home Wade jersey was initially supposed to drop with it.
43622CEA-6190-4F0A-99D1-8E9D57E287A4.jpeg

The jersey mock-up I found is inaccurate to the home jersey worn in the ‘06 finals (in fact, they have never worn “Miami” on their regular home whites ever), so I’m led to believe that they stopped making these mid-production.

Speaking of the Nets, this is the only other authentic mock-up that I’ll tease.
79182FA3-A229-4CD4-8F5F-52A6DF6A75A7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom