Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

If you pay for something and never receive it, it shouldn't be your loss.

Bottom line is the company should replace the item or offer a refund, or the shipper should pay for the item.

If both solutions don't happen, you're well within your rights to ask the bank to step in.

To suggest otherwise it's crazy imo.
im not suggesting that the dude should just eat the loss.

Braking down the process flow of buying an expensive item, there are options during purchase (lets call this A, like work addy or po box) that can be considered, there are options to explore at the receiving end (lets call this B such as chargebacks) when things like this happen.

Buyers that skimp on "A" and rely on "B" being this approach of "it aint my problem, retailers should be responsible for my risk" aint really doint themselves any favors.

... regardless how you FEEL things should happen.

*shrug*

I noticed there was a package on my porch this morning as I was leaving for work

Thought nothing of it and that it must be the neighbors since I wasn't expecting anything

Get to work about an hour later and notice a "Your Order Has Arrived" email... :smh: :lol:

Completely forgot I ordered a few tees on Sunday and wasn't expecting them so soon

Package was still there when I got home luckily after sitting outside for 24 hours

I would've been heated :lol: Usually get stuff shipped to work for that reason

I noticed there was a package on my porch this morning as I was leaving for work

Thought nothing of it and that it must be the neighbors since I wasn't expecting anything

Get to work about an hour later and notice a "Your Order Has Arrived" email... :smh: :lol:

Completely forgot I ordered a few tees on Sunday and wasn't expecting them so soon

Package was still there when I got home luckily after sitting outside for 24 hours

I would've been heated :lol: Usually get stuff shipped to work for that reason

def should file a complaint with M&N (sarcasm)

im not suggesting that the dude should just eat the loss.

Braking down the process flow of buying an expensive item, there are options during purchase (lets call this A, like work addy or po box) that can be considered, there are options to explore at the receiving end (lets call this B such as chargebacks) when things like this happen.

Buyers that skimp on "A" and rely on "B" being this approach of "it aint my problem, retailers should be responsible for my risk" aint really doint themselves any favors.

... regardless how you FEEL things should happen.

*shrug*
I'm not suggesting that he eat the loss either

But addressing the initial statement by another nter, suggesting that doing a charge back after everything else fails is "scummy", is just silly.

And the question remains for everyone that agrees with him.

Respectfully, What should you do?

Nobody has answered the question given the scenario yet.

I'm not suggesting that he eat the loss either

But addressing the initial statement by another nter, suggesting that doing a charge back after everything else fails is "scummy", is just silly.

And the question remains for everyone that agrees with him.

Respectfully, What should you do?

Nobody has answered the question given the scenario yet.
He can’t answer it cause he knows that a chargeback is the only thing you can do if you’ve exhausted all other options…

And chargeback goes through m&n unless they don’t respond at all, if they show your credit card company it’s delivered it will be open and shut case.

Regarding my initial statement, folks are going way too far off subject.

To answer your question, sometimes post office boxes aren't available to people in rural areas.

What about folks who can't drive? Should they not be able to buy a jersey from their favorite team?

To suggest that folks need a po box to prevent theft is not solving the issue.

So to you s0lefunk s0lefunk and everyone else respectfully...

You order a 300 dollar jersey. You don't receive it, and tracking states that it was delivered. You call the m&n and they say f.u. then you call the shipper and the shipper says you're SOL.

Now, what do you do?
The PO box is my personal recommendation for anyone in a shared living space like the NTer to avoid porch pirates in the future. M&N fulfilled the order, the courier delivered the order to its destination, and from what I can tell someone then came up and likely stole it. I think it's wild some of you think the M&N or any merchant is obligated to provide a refund in that scenario.

But if it were me, I'm looking at my homeowners/renters insurance policy (which most apartment complexes require) hoping I sprung for personal property theft coverage. People steal, sucks but it happens. Don't be surprised if you take an L.

And chargeback goes through m&n unless they don’t respond at all, if they show your credit card company it’s delivered it will be open and shut case.
In my experience my CC company gives me my money back no matter what the merchant shows.

The PO box is my personal recommendation for anyone in a shared living space like the NTer to avoid porch pirates in the future. M&N fulfilled the order, the courier delivered the order to its destination, and from what I can tell someone then came up and likely stole it. I think it's wild some of you think the M&N or any merchant is obligated to provide a refund in that scenario.

But if it were me, I'm looking at my homeowners/renters insurance policy (which most apartment complexes require) hoping I sprung for personal property theft coverage. People steal, sucks but it happens. Don't be surprised if you take an L.
Who is liable for chargebacks? Merchants are liable for chargebacks in most cases and bear the burden of proof in any dispute. A merchant must make their case for why a chargeback should be reversed.

Damn this thread gets unraveled quickly. Anyways, live on Oneness:
40D252EA-64CB-428D-9D54-89CDBABE2AF4.jpeg
325C80DE-9F48-470F-AE4E-7B8C79094201.jpeg

Here's some clarity/rectification about what a shipper is. The shipper is the company you purchase from who ships out the items to fulfill the order. The delivery services like USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. is the courier/carrier, not the shipper.

Theoretically, it only makes sense to go after the company you ordered from to find a resolution with lost or stolen packages because it's who you paid for the item. You really can't go after the courier because they're not the ones you paid since their job is strictly deliveries.

Based on my experiences, most companies typically try to accommodate the customer with a refund or a replacement if shipping issues transpire for the sake of honoring customer satisfaction. Especially if it's a big name or an established company.

While there are some that will try to substantiate details of the shipment status and come up with a resolution based on that. Or sometimes they'll even refuse to do anything at their discretion based on what they investigated.

And there are a few like Mitchell & Ness who will outright refuse to do anything as evidenced on what's posted on their website.

If a company ultimately decides not to issue a refund for something you don't receive, then the last resort is to initiate a dispute/charge back with your credit card company and go from there.

If a company issues a refund to a customer for a lost or stolen package, they'll just try to file a claim with the courier that delivered it to recoup that amount from them as I was told in a previous experience I had. Couriers are insured for that.

don’t they have an option for signature upon delivery?

No, they don't. I noticed they eliminated it during the pandemic within the last 2 years when I check their site occasionally.

I'm using what Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 posted as an example to answer your question about that option.
Screenshot_20220629-150213_Chrome.jpg

It's not about who's liable and who isn't.

Po box could be a good solution prior to. But, given the circumstances... Again, you order from mn, the package disappears. Mn says f.u and the shipper says you're SOL because tracking says it was delivered.

What do you do now?

You either

A. Lose your money

Or

B. Contact your card/bank and do a charge back.

I'm sure even the folks in here that claim charge backs are "scummy" would do a charge back with no hesitation.

Any other suggestion, fraud protection, renters insurance etc etc is basically the same thing. So scratch those suggestions.

Here's some clarity/rectification about what a shipper is. The shipper is the company you purchase from who ships out the items to fulfill the order. The delivery services like USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. is the courier/carrier, not the shipper.

Theoretically, it only makes sense to go after the company you ordered from to find a resolution with lost or stolen packages because it's who you paid for the item. You really can't go after the courier because they're not the ones you paid since their job is strictly deliveries.

Based on my experiences, most companies typically try to accommodate the customer with a refund or a replacement if shipping issues transpire for the sake of honoring customer satisfaction. Especially if it's a big name or an established company.

While there are some that will try to substantiate details of the shipment status and come up with a resolution based on that. Or sometimes they'll even refuse to do anything at their discretion based on what they investigated.

And there are a few like Mitchell & Ness who will outright refuse to do anything as evidenced on what's posted on their website.

If a company ultimately decides not to issue a refund for something you don't receive, then the last resort is to initiate a dispute/charge back with your credit card company and go from there.

If a company issues a refund to a customer for a lost or stolen package, they'll just try to file a claim with the courier that delivered it to recoup that amount from them as I was told in a previous experience I had. Couriers are insured for that.

No, they don't. I noticed they eliminated it during the pandemic within the last 2 years when I check their site occasionally.

I'm using what Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 posted as an example to answer your question about that option.
Screenshot_20220629-150213_Chrome.jpg
Exactly!

He can’t answer it cause he knows that a chargeback is the only thing you can do if you’ve exhausted all other options…
sure, chargeback. ignore all personal liability and risk mitigation and get mad at the seller every time things dont go your way.

why do anything that reduces the risk of theft? everyone just call the bank and chargeback.

end of story. you win, no, forget the seller, forget anything ELSE. just you. YOU win.

back to talking about swingmans....

edit* I'd like to apologize formally for even HINTING at things a person can do towards avoiding situations like package theft. God i cant believe i was being so unreasonable.

Last edited:
I have a question...

Anybody have the Teal/Fresh-water Griffrey jersey with the 75 Negro League patch on the right sleeve? If so, can anyone take a pic of the back of the jersey? I'm afraid my wife got Got on Ebay. Bless her heart. The jersey seem off.

Thanks in advance...now back to your regular schedule programming.

I have a question...

Anybody have the Teal/Fresh-water Griffrey jersey with the 75 Negro League patch on the right sleeve? If so, can anyone take a pic of the back of the jersey? I'm afraid my wife got Got on Ebay. Bless her heart. The jersey seem off.

How much she pay?

sure, chargeback. ignore all personal liability and risk mitigation and get mad at the seller every time things dont go your way.

why do anything that reduces the risk of theft? everyone just call the bank and chargeback.

end of story. you win, no, forget the seller, forget anything ELSE. just you. YOU win.

back to talking about swingmans....

edit* I'd like to apologize formally for even HINTING at things a person can do towards avoiding situations like package theft. God i cant believe i was being so unreasonable.
We can definitely move on.

I'll just say that I don't feel like there's any "personal liability" in having a package stolen/missing/lost.

Imo

I have a question...

This is my pic from earlier in the thread
47D67A09-385F-427C-A47B-437670F6A476.jpeg

I have a question...

AA791570-E954-40EB-B078-C98ABC380947.jpeg
F5D7FE9D-9216-4BF7-A817-B6E56DC99D5B.jpeg

Few more for reference

Back
Top Bottom