Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Alright guys, I know you are the experts so I need a little help.

I purchased this Magic jersey in 2010 from M&N during the black friday sale. I was still buying them huge for some stupid reason. Of course big clothes went out of style so a lot of my jerseys went into a storage bin. After lurking this thread and watching folks getting jerseys tailored down, I took an old jerry west in to get tailored down from a 5xl to a 2xl that I wear now. I'm going to pick that jersey up next week and if it looks good I wanted to have another jersey ready for the tailor to work on. Go into the bin and pull out this Magic jersey.

View media item 2131826
When I pull it out I notice the numbers were gold vice white like the 84-85 magic that is on the site now. Then I notice this is a 79-80 magic. Take a look back at laker jerseys from that time and the numbers were white.

So what's the deal? Did mitchell and ness just mess up the jersey? Is this some sort of error? I can't find anyone selling a 79-80 Mitchell Ness Magic.

Thanks for the help.

Couple more photos
View media item 2131834View media item 2131835View media item 2131836View media item 2131837

What i'm going to get it cut down to. I have no clue why I was still buying them so big and big clothes was already out of style...dah well.

View media item 2131839

Last edited:
I think they accidently made a verison of the jersey with inverted numbers

Remember seeing one on eBay awhile back from a legit seller. I could be wrong but I'm 99.9% sure the numbers were inverted like yours and it was 100% legit

I think they accidently made a verison of the jersey with inverted numbers

Remember seeing one on eBay awhile back from a legit seller. I could be wrong but I'm 99.9% sure the numbers were inverted like yours and it was 100% legit

Interesting. I know its legit. Still have the invoice from M&N. How did they mess this up?

Does anyone here own a current BP jersey in a 36(S)? I'm wondering what the measurements are for pit-to-pit. Looking to surprise my nephew, but I'm not sure if it will be a little too big for him.

Really special pickup! I never thought I would find this jersey in a smaller size. Mitchell and Ness Moses Malone "Spirits of St. Louis" throwback. New with tags, in the ultra rare size 46! Made in U.S.A. It even has the union labor tag. Such great detail and the color just pops!

REPPED! Brought me back to High School with this pick up! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom