Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Why would they do a KG Celtics home before a Wolves Rookie home? Or more KG Wolves period?

They throw scraps to smaller market team, it seems like. smh TWO 2008 Celtics joints and a Heat Shaq/J-will that I don't think most are demanding (albeit, solid items) before any more Wolves. Minor vent

Swingmans

Kings Black
Divac
Bibby

Webber (might be black or purple)

Webber bullets (not sure, no color shown)

Pau Gasol grizzlies black

Petrovic Nets white

How the hell does Ray Allen get a Celtics authentic before Pierce, that is blasphemy, there's gotta be a story behind that.
fb2f75147f937fd6931d5ef6e577c61318ae108d_00.jpg

I dunno how this really applies but Pierce is a legendary Celtic that spent 90% of his career in Boston and I gotta believe his jersey, if swapped out for Allen's, would sell better and definitely appeal more to New Englanders, Boston doesn't really even rock with Ray Allen like that after how he left to Miami. Plus there are already 2-3 Allen authentics from Sonics/Bucks, it's not like people are clamoring for a Ray Allen Celtics jersey. It's gotta be what redmercury redmercury said, they clearly already had the Allen rights so just went with it, just seems lazy to me.

Also, in 10 years when they're doing Golden State authentics, Draymond Green will likely be the 4th option to be made, if it gets made at all lol.

pierce will eventually get throwbacks, he just retired in the summer

Plus they’ve had Ray Allen’s rights

KG rights as well

They’re making anything and everything while they have players rights even if it doesn’t make sense

That makes sense. I wonder if it's cheaper for them to buy double the material for that Celtics era jersey and just make an Allen and Garnett rather than just pick a different team with different material to make one players jersey, or maybe I'm just way overanalyzing haha.

You can definitely tell M&N likes to pick jerseys/players that have universal templates. You'll see the recent examples of Shaq/Kobe, KG/Allen, and Shaq/J-Will, Webber/J-Will. Some of those make great sense to do as individual players. But clearly, some of those reveal they are just trying to find ways to streamline their operations. And, as said, lazy lol

I dunno how this really applies but Pierce is a legendary Celtic that spent 90% of his career in Boston and I gotta believe his jersey, if swapped out for Allen's, would sell better and definitely appeal more to New Englanders, Boston doesn't really even rock with Ray Allen like that after how he left to Miami. Plus there are already 2-3 Allen authentics from Sonics/Bucks, it's not like people are clamoring for a Ray Allen Celtics jersey. It's gotta be what redmercury redmercury said, they clearly already had the Allen rights so just went with it, just seems lazy to me.

Also, in 10 years when they're doing Golden State authentics, Draymond Green will likely be the 4th option to be made, if it gets made at all lol.
it was meant as a joke... with lots of truth embedded. sure pierce might outsell Allen in Boston, but Allen would outsell pierce anywhere else. Allen is one of the most well liked players -Just because he left a team that was trying to trade him for a couple years doesn't change that.

I'm sure Draymond will be fine with his jersey not being made, rings probably matter more to him.

it was meant as a joke... with lots of truth embedded. sure pierce might outsell Allen in Boston, but Allen would outsell pierce anywhere else. Allen is one of the most well liked players -Just because he left a team that was trying to trade him for a couple years doesn't change that.

I'm sure Draymond will be fine with his jersey not being made, rings probably matter more to him.

No doubt, I agree with you, just was surprised to see an Allen Celtics before a Pierce, that's all, but that was already explained why that likely happened. The perspective of a Boston fan obviously skews things for me. I am kinda surprised it seems some people don't like Pierce though. He's not really a polarizing guy IMO. Maybe just the Boston connection. Anyways back to the thread.

I live in New England and I own a Celtics Ray Ray Jersey, but no Pierce. :shrugs:

Ray's Jumpshot and Work Ethic :wow:

Back
Top Bottom