Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Can I get a legit check on this McGrady??
8A1A340B-9FCE-49EA-A28A-BDDF3840CE4E.jpeg
:rofl:
Damn they put no effort on that jersey lol

I'm disappointed to learn that the authentic retail NBA jerseys made by Reebok & Adidas were inaccurate with their stitching. I always assumed they replicated the game versions accurately because the retail versions were layer twill. I always thought stitching was layer twill because it was that way for decades.

I recently learned on here from prior posts that the retail authentic jerseys were wrong with the layer twill stitching when they should have been kiss cut. A lot of peeps on here verified Mitchell & Ness got the stitching right at least with the kiss cut.

Majestic never had that discrepancy at least with their retail authentic MLB jerseys. All jerseys have kiss cut stitching since they converted to Flex Base in 2016.

It's crazy and now frustrating to learn the authentic retail NBA jerseys made by Reebok & Adidas I got over the years have been inaccurate with the stitching.

I'm disappointed to learn that the authentic retail NBA jerseys made by Reebok & Adidas were inaccurate with their stitching. I always assumed they replicated the game versions accurately because the retail versions were layer twill. I always thought stitching was layer twill because it was that way for decades.

I recently learned on here from prior posts that the retail authentic jerseys were wrong with the layer twill stitching when they should have been kiss cut. A lot of peeps on here verified Mitchell & Ness got the stitching right at least with the kiss cut.

Majestic never had that discrepancy at least with their retail authentic MLB jerseys. All jerseys have kiss cut stitching since they converted to Flex Base in 2016.

It's crazy and now frustrating to learn the authentic retail NBA jerseys made by Reebok & Adidas I got over the years have been inaccurate with the stitching.

It depends on the team. Many teams used the regular layered twill. But yeah, teams like the Lakers used kiss cut style lettering on the gamers.

It depends on the team. Many teams used the regular layered twill. But yeah, teams like the Lakers used kiss cut style lettering on the gamers.

Thanks for clarifying some teams still used layer twill. But you're right about the Lakers using kiss cut because the Mitchell & Ness versions have it. I'm disappointed the Adidas versions I have of all 3 Kobe Bryant jerseys have layer twill when I thought I had accurate versions all these years.

Thanks for clarifying some teams still used layer twill. But you're right about the Lakers using kiss cut because the Mitchell & Ness versions have it. I'm disappointed the Adidas versions I have of all 3 Kobe Bryant jerseys have layer twill when I thought I had accurate versions all these years.
For the longest time (and even now) I'm both old school and a big fan of tech fabrics at the same time. I like thick materials because I don't want the jersey to feel cheap. I also love innovation: light breathable comfortable fabric. I'm honestly not a stickler on accuracy, as long as the item is not bootleg.

So it feels like I’m the only cheapass waiting to cop this dream team stuff on discount/sale. And it feels like it’s not gonna happen since everyone else is paying retail right now

Wouldn't say you're a cheap ***. M&N and RL Polo are 2 major brands you should never pay retail for. There's always great sales.

As for the Dream Team collection, I'm tempted but the only items I'm paying retail for are the practice shorts and practice jersey. Authentic shorts and MJ jersey I'll wait it out. Still a lot of retailers that haven't dropped the collection yet (including M&N themselves). I will say because of the generic colours and USA theme stuff the main pieces in the collection will sell fast, especially at indy retailers. Where as M&N will probably restock a few times, but you'll have to wait a while. So you have to be strategic.

Also I definitely don't see M&N including the collection during the Black Friday sale since thats 3 months away.

Last edited:
The 24 Kobe with the Kiss Cut numbers. It’s a lot lighter than it should be.

Thanks for clarifying.

There are 2 versions of the purple 24 Kobe jersey, 2006-07 & 2008-09 with the NBA Finals patch on it, so are both flawed with the lighter shade? Or just one of them?

Back
Top Bottom