Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Black Friday pick ups

B0480991-87ED-4DA0-B5DB-4E3C6E539FDA.jpeg
Did ya pick these up at M & N. Never saw the above finals jersey on site. Just the Shaq jersey in that style.

It's good to see there are a good amount of meticulous MFs who get on here and chime in on discrepancies like wrong material used with a specific jersey, wrong color shade, bad workmanship, poor quality, and cookie cutter shape with jersey manufacturing.

But it's surprising that no one points out some jerseys occasionally have the wrong fonts as I've expounded on that discrepancy myself. The more common error with wrong fonts is sizing. But sometimes the errors can have the wrong font style as well. I noticed that wrong font is a discrepancy that doesn't get pointed out on here.

It's good to see there are a good amount of meticulous MFs who get on here and chime in on discrepancies like wrong material used with a specific jersey, wrong color shade, bad workmanship, poor quality, and cookie cutter shape with jersey manufacturing.

But it's surprising that no one points out some jerseys occasionally have the wrong fonts as I've expounded on that discrepancy myself. The more common error with wrong fonts is sizing. But sometimes the errors can have the wrong font style as well. I noticed that wrong font is a discrepancy that doesn't get pointed out on here.
Part of the issue is M&N uses the same font on every size so it looks weird.

Set the example then

Part of the issue is M&N uses the same font on every size so it looks weird.

Perhaps I should see that as a valid reason if they aren't adjusting the font size to correspond with the jersey size.

I meant that some of the reproduced jerseys have the font either larger or smaller than what they're supposed to be.

Set the example then

The font of the letters and number on the MPLS Kobe jersey is too big, basically taller than it should be.

The font of the letters and numbers on the front of the alternate black Bulls with the red pinstripes have the standard font size of their home white and road red jerseys when they should be fatter on that one.

And the font on the front and back of the alternate solid black Bulls jersey have the standard font size of their home white and road red jerseys when they're supposed to be fat on the front and back. I really noticed the font size discrepancy on the back when I compared it to pictures I saw online.

I actually pointed these discrepancies out on here previously. They're also the reasons I passed on the MPLS Kobe and either of the alternate black Bulls jerseys with the red pinstripes.

But I do have the alternate solid black Bulls Jordan jersey that I got back in late 2017.

Unless you're the real Samuel L. Jackson, I'd say you have exceeded your use of MF for today :lol:

"I noticed that wrong font is a discrepancy that doesn't get pointed out on here."
"I actually pointed these discrepancies out on here previously. "

cool story bruh, real cool.

"They're also the reasons I passed on the MPLS Kobe and either of the alternate black Bulls jerseys with the red pinstripes."
"But I do have the alternate solid black Bulls Jordan jersey that I got back in late 2017."

to disregard an item after someone posted their pickups of the said item because of trivial factors that obviously mattered to only you comes off as an elitist. Cool story you passed - you do you. Then you proceed to tell us about your own hypocrisy on picking up the black bulls jersey after writing a paragraph complaining about it.

1638157777687.png

Maybe you owned a different version than the M&N ones, but I'm too tired to give a damn what you actually mean at this point.

Perhaps I should see that as a valid reason if they aren't adjusting the font size to correspond with the jersey size.

I meant that some of the reproduced jerseys have the font either larger or smaller than what they're supposed to be.

The font of the letters and number on the MPLS Kobe jersey is too big, basically taller than it should be.

The font of the letters and numbers on the front of the alternate black Bulls with the red pinstripes have the standard font size of their home white and road red jerseys when they should be fatter on that one.

And the font on the front and back of the alternate solid black Bulls jersey have the standard font size of their home white and road red jerseys when they're supposed to be fat on the front and back. I really noticed the font size discrepancy on the back when I compared it to pictures I saw online.

I actually pointed these discrepancies out on here previously. They're also the reasons I passed on the MPLS Kobe and either of the alternate black Bulls jerseys with the red pinstripes.

But I do have the alternate solid black Bulls Jordan jersey that I got back in late 2017.
I absolutely get what you mean. I was just saying it’s part of the issue. But I just look at it as most jerseys even other retail brands are not correct. Unless it’s issued. And even then sometimes they are off

But there is a few jerseys I want from TruCustoms eventually just because of pure accuracy. Albeit they are simply customs.

Set the example then

Here's a post I made earlier this year about inaccurate font sizing on a jersey I have if you want an example.

They actually got the alternate black Bulls 1997-98 jersey right with the colors of the layers for the letters and numbers as you can see in these photos. Now I only wish they replicated the jersey materials accurately. I also wish they did a better job with the letters and numbers by making them fatter.
MJ Black1.jpg

IMG_4552.JPG

MJ Black2.jpg

IMG_4553.JPG

gentlemen, at the end of the day MN is a business and they going to do whatever they want to make bread. We complain about inaccuracies and yet we still support the brand. For those who are super meticulous about accuracy, you should get the GI/GU jerseys.

Trucustoms are technically fakes 🤣

They're reproductions, no different than M&N "authentics".

It's just that the former is way more accurate than the latter.

I wouldn't even buy an M&N jersey if they had another $100 sale, they're just a shorts company to me now, :lol:

Definitely fakes. And nothing at all like Mitchell and Ness. M&N acquired rights and has licensing agreements with the league/players to release licensed goods.

There’s no indication that Trucustoms has the same. Great knockoffs, like someone making accurate-looking pigeon dunks and selling them.

Back
Top Bottom