Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I don’t think swingmans are frowned upon because of accuracy… they are legit just cheap-quality items. For the price, it makes more sense to just buy the authentic version. Or just get a T-shirt.

I understand some older, better-quality swingmans or jerseys that haven’t been released as authentics.

But......they don't make authentics for every player.....so sadly ppl like me gotta settle for a swing man stackhouse cause the pistons barely get shi# lol 🤣

C334BE5F-E816-44CE-8E3D-605A9FC62376.jpeg

Anyone interested size M only tried on. DM me.

I do wish nike would put out authentic shorts. I remember seeing a handle of teams the first year but nothing since

Mitchell & Ness swingman shorts are hideous.

Although they have pockets, they lack the details on the lower trim. If they don’t have the small triangle I don’t want them
Seems to depends on the shorts.

Unless you are an enthusiast like we all are, I would say that the vast majority of people don't even know there is an "authentic" and a "swingman". They are all just jerseys to most folk.
Great take. I do want to point out a vast majority of the people in this thread knows the difference, and a vast majority of them engage in civilized constructive debates. At the end of the day, wear what you want. Some take it too far, and as Klay Thompson famously said during the 2017 NBA Finals, "I guess he got his feelings hurt".

I owned the heat pressed MN Carter dino jersey. After 1 gentle wash cycle adhering to the care instructions, the black details on the dino literally disintegrated. Never again.

While on the subject, what made everyone go authentic vs swingman? Was your first jersey a swingman and you didn’t like the quality or you bought authentic from the start?

I had a couple of swingman back in the day and bought my first authentic then never looked back

While on the subject, what made everyone go authentic vs swingman? Was your first jersey a swingman and you didn’t like the quality or you bought authentic from the start?

I had a couple of swingman back in the day and bought my first authentic then never looked back
Yea I was being cheap and bought a bunch of Swingman joints just cause they have more options for players.
Saw an Authentic in store one day and was like man this hit different like Latina P!
That next day sold all my Swingman to the Hardwood Dude on IG and have never looked back…

I had a shaq swingman that faded after the second wash. That was enough for me.

1999 asked grandma for a kobe jersey and got a bucks Ray Allen swingman for Christmas.

I always preferred the stitched because it wouldn't wear off with washes. My BIGGEST issue was more that the old Champion replicas didn't have the proper graphics. For example Hornets didn't have the multi colored striping, Magic didn't have pinstripes, Pacers didn't have the Flo Jo panels, and Seattle didn't have the poly panel on the chest. Absolutely couldn't bring myself to wear one if it was missing something that obvious.

Back
Top Bottom