Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

03-04, only worn once I think season opened against the lakers.

Never worn again, very few Authentics were made or sold. I had a Dirk I had found on eBay, foolishly sold it to a member here. It’s actually a sick jersey in person

IMG_1831.jpeg
Reynolds Wrap joints
GUEST_9f0b0120-4910-491c-9e64-146bef8eb040

IMG_1828.png

Silver dirkkkkkk @eyanks

May be an unpopular opinion here, but there was a noticable downturn in desirability in jerseys post-98' through the mid 2000's. Again, just my opinion. A few good things in there, but the design, graphics, material choices, and fit are all mostly less than desirable. And that's when I was in my late teens and early twenties, so it should theoretically be very much in my wheelhouse.

They actually made a Yankees Ichiro jersey.

I didn't think they would make a 2002 Dodgers Hideo Nomo jersey because they already made a '90s jersey.

At least they got it partially right with these jerseys, Ichiro particularly. Griffey is inaccurate because he retired that season before the Mariners wore these as previously clarified on here.

It's a shame the Nuggets never once retro'd the rainbow uni's during Melo's tenure there.

The only alts I even remember from that time, besides those silver ones, were the green P. Diddy ones. But not throwback joints like those shorts. I wouldn't even know what the top looks like.

It's quite surprising they didn't wear those rainbow jerseys because the throwback jersey fad was prevalent throughout the 2000s with many teams wearing their archaic uniforms occasionally.

I wonder if they'll reproduce those green jerseys that Puffy designed. Those weren't bad at all.

03-04, only worn once I think season opened against the lakers.

Never worn again, very few Authentics were made or sold. I had a Dirk I had found on eBay, foolishly sold it to a member here. It’s actually a sick jersey in person

IMG_1831.jpeg

That aluminum foil Mavs jersey was awful. Glad it was only around for one game

Reynolds Wrap joints
GUEST_9f0b0120-4910-491c-9e64-146bef8eb040

I remember those alternate Mavericks jerseys were ridiculed as "trash bag jerseys".

I never realized it was worn on a seriously limited basis like that. But I remember they weren't worn in multiple seasons.

Why would they make the Orlando jersey in Penny instead of Tmac? One of my favorite styles of all time but would think Tmac would be a better seller imo.

All due respect to TMac, but...it's Penny lol

Pennys best days were in the pinstripe jersey, and Tmacs in that style. That’s what I was trying to say.

That really threw me off when I saw it was a Penny jersey instead of a McGrady jersey in that style. I agree that Penny will always be remembered in the pinstripe-style jerseys, and McGrady will always be remembered in the shiny-style jerseys.

Although the Magic changed to that shiny jersey with the stars all over it in Penny's last year with them, they had more exposure and popularity when McGrady played for them after Penny.

I actually got ecstatic when I saw that white Magic jersey because I thought it was a McGrady jersey. But I was disappointed when I saw it was Penny because I wanted a white McGrady jersey since I already have the blue one.

That's a legitimate debate with who should be associated with number 1 with the Magic. It can go both ways. A Shoe Palace employee thought I was wearing a Penny jersey that one time I wore the shiny blue jersey until he realized it was a McGrady. My friend even thought it was disrespectful of the Magic to allow McGrady to wear number 1 despite him wearing it because he idolized Penny.

May be an unpopular opinion here, but there was a noticable downturn in desirability in jerseys post-98' through the mid 2000's. Again, just my opinion. A few good things in there, but the design, graphics, material choices, and fit are all mostly less than desirable. And that's when I was in my late teens and early twenties, so it should theoretically be very much in my wheelhouse.

I actually agree with this because I recall I previously posted on here that NBA jerseys became less creative or distinct when they began going with the Dri•Fit material. Going with that material really phased out the sublimated design concept.

NBA jerseys declined with their designs in the 2000s, especially when a lot of them started looking less like traditional tank tops with the way they were cut. The width of the top shoulder part of the jerseys made them look more like sleeveless shirts.

That's why I prefer a lot of the throwback jerseys from the '80s to '90s because they were mostly distinct. They always had that ultra fancy tank top look. The multitude of the sublimated designs in the '90s were cool.

Those huge Laker shorts! :emoji_fearful:

Looks like he is wearing a ****ing dress!

Come on, man, it was the 2000s where stupidly oversized clothing was broadly trendy. Baggy suits, dress clothes, jerseys, t-shirts and pants/shorts were worn regularly in the real world. NBA players just followed suit with their uniforms in their profession.

#1 should be more associated with Penny. 6 seasons compared to tmac’s 4. Were both 4X all stars, but I just feel Penny’s contributions were more impactful to the Magic’s short period of success. Tmac was a first round exit 3 of 4 seasons. His last season there they were 21-61. Penny was a big part on some solid Magic teams. Couple conference finals appearances, and an NBA finals appearance.

^ I have that tmac jersey in the white jersey OG champion and all... you are not missing much with MN not releasing it... the blue one is much better... only reason I aint cop was cuz my friend already had it but I liked tmac at the time so copped the white instead

These shorts are a wrap (Reynolds that is).

I also realize that they initially messed up on the picture links. They attached the wrong picture to the link initially.

Last edited:
If the Magic ever decide to retire number 1, I have a feeling it will be a joint deal in conjunction with Penny & McGrady based on the popularity and relevancy of both in their separate tenures. Penny definitely had more playoff success based on his advancements with no Hall Of Fame status, whereas McGrady had early eliminations with Hall Of Fame status. Hall Of Fame distinction always holds weight.

Both had significance in different periods of the Magic's history.

Kind of want the Maverick shorts. Never really hated them, may cop on the next 40% sale and that new release tag drops off.

Think the Melo sold out too. I wonder if they were put up too soon and they took them down.

adidas was booty

Back
Top Bottom