Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The Yanks will have to way overbid to push the Rangers out with money, I think... Unless the Rangers think they can go get a guy like Greinke without gutting their system.. Cliff may end up in New York, but unless the Yanks really blow their loads, the money won't be way..

On Martinez.. I don't think he's great. But he's really good. He can hit. He can catch, DH and play first.. That versatility would be nice for the Rangers to have in case Mitch Moreland goes back to not being able to hit lefties.. But he's also not great behind the dish, so he doesn't fit what the Rangers have generally emphasized back there the last couple of years.. I'd be all for bringing him here, he's by far the best option out there, but I'd be careful.

It's just nice to hear the Rangers have cash and are going to really push the budget for a change. Settling in somewhere around $90M or a little more should be the standard for a team in this market.
Would you give up Elvis for Grenkie?

The Yanks will have to way overbid to push the Rangers out with money, I think... Unless the Rangers think they can go get a guy like Greinke without gutting their system.. Cliff may end up in New York, but unless the Yanks really blow their loads, the money won't be way..

On Martinez.. I don't think he's great. But he's really good. He can hit. He can catch, DH and play first.. That versatility would be nice for the Rangers to have in case Mitch Moreland goes back to not being able to hit lefties.. But he's also not great behind the dish, so he doesn't fit what the Rangers have generally emphasized back there the last couple of years.. I'd be all for bringing him here, he's by far the best option out there, but I'd be careful.

It's just nice to hear the Rangers have cash and are going to really push the budget for a change. Settling in somewhere around $90M or a little more should be the standard for a team in this market.

Maybin to Padres

One day after trading pitcher Andrew Miller, the Marlins have reached an agreement to trade outfielder Cameron Maybin -- the other key piece in their 2007 block- buster deal with Detroit for Miguel Cabrera, according to a source.

The Marlins traded Maybin to the San Diego Padres for right-handed relievers Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica, as they all but wiped clean their six-player return from the Tigers in the deal for Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.

The source said the trade with San Diego could be announced as early as Saturday.

The two pitchers the Marlins are acquiring from the Padres are young but bring big-league experience.

Webb, 24, appeared in 54 games for the Padres last season, going 3-1 with a 2.90 ERA. Mujica, 26, has spent five seasons in the majors with the Indians and Padres, compiling an overall record of 8-9 in 179 games.

Maybin to Padres

One day after trading pitcher Andrew Miller, the Marlins have reached an agreement to trade outfielder Cameron Maybin -- the other key piece in their 2007 block- buster deal with Detroit for Miguel Cabrera, according to a source.

The Marlins traded Maybin to the San Diego Padres for right-handed relievers Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica, as they all but wiped clean their six-player return from the Tigers in the deal for Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.

The source said the trade with San Diego could be announced as early as Saturday.

The two pitchers the Marlins are acquiring from the Padres are young but bring big-league experience.

Webb, 24, appeared in 54 games for the Padres last season, going 3-1 with a 2.90 ERA. Mujica, 26, has spent five seasons in the majors with the Indians and Padres, compiling an overall record of 8-9 in 179 games.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Do you think Moreland has a future with the Rangers?  The postseason was the first time I saw him play and he always seemed to be getting hits every time.
He's the first baseman going into next year.. He'll have every chance to take that job and run with it.
Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Would be a hell of a pill to swallow, but I could probably be talked into it. Starts with, at a minimum, an extension being worked out to keep him here long-term though.

Hearing the Rangers are going to make a pitch for him whether they sign Lee or not... I'd bet heavily on it not working out this way, but the thought of Lee, Greinke, CJ and Lewis.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Do you think Moreland has a future with the Rangers?  The postseason was the first time I saw him play and he always seemed to be getting hits every time.
He's the first baseman going into next year.. He'll have every chance to take that job and run with it.
Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Would be a hell of a pill to swallow, but I could probably be talked into it. Starts with, at a minimum, an extension being worked out to keep him here long-term though.

Hearing the Rangers are going to make a pitch for him whether they sign Lee or not... I'd bet heavily on it not working out this way, but the thought of Lee, Greinke, CJ and Lewis.
sick.gif

i'm not too sure what to think about the Padres deal yet. Webb had the most dominating stuff in our entire pen and thats really saying something. that one leaves me a little upset..

mujica is dog %#*+ tho and most likely just a throw in. that man had a knack for giving up game tying hr's haha, any marlins fans have any insight about maybin?

i'm not too sure what to think about the Padres deal yet. Webb had the most dominating stuff in our entire pen and thats really saying something. that one leaves me a little upset..

mujica is dog %#*+ tho and most likely just a throw in. that man had a knack for giving up game tying hr's haha, any marlins fans have any insight about maybin?

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

Long swing, plays great defense, doesn't steal as many bases as he should.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

Long swing, plays great defense, doesn't steal as many bases as he should.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Reyes gets traded and they don't sign him after 2011, I will never watch a Met game again.
THIS
mad.gif

If we could use Reyes as trade bait for a pitching ace, or a powerhitter (infield or out) I'm for it. Reyes doesn't have leadership qualities, he doesn't have the same fire had in 2006, and I'm tired of seeing him hit pop-ups when there's risp. Plus he doesn't steal bases like he used to.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Reyes gets traded and they don't sign him after 2011, I will never watch a Met game again.
THIS
mad.gif

If we could use Reyes as trade bait for a pitching ace, or a powerhitter (infield or out) I'm for it. Reyes doesn't have leadership qualities, he doesn't have the same fire had in 2006, and I'm tired of seeing him hit pop-ups when there's risp. Plus he doesn't steal bases like he used to.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

I can't believe the Marlins gave up on Maybin already.
He and Miller are already gone. The 2 pieces that brought Miguel Cabrera to Detroit. If we can get some hitting around Miggy, we should push for the AL Central. Give me VMart and Crawford and call it an offseason.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

I can't believe the Marlins gave up on Maybin already.
He and Miller are already gone. The 2 pieces that brought Miguel Cabrera to Detroit. If we can get some hitting around Miggy, we should push for the AL Central. Give me VMart and Crawford and call it an offseason.

Reds re-signed Ramon Hernandez to a one year deal. Him and Hanigan were a great duo last season. 

Reds re-signed Ramon Hernandez to a one year deal. Him and Hanigan were a great duo last season. 

Whispers outta the Rangers FO is the Yankees are gonna offer 7 years and $160MM to get Cliff...

Absurd and borderline ******ed..
30t6p3b.gif

Whispers outta the Rangers FO is the Yankees are gonna offer 7 years and $160MM to get Cliff...

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

no, that is insane........,,,,,rangers can keep him

30t6p3b.gif

no, that is insane........,,,,,rangers can keep him

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

what the hell are they thinking ? dudes gonna still be dominant when he's 40 ?

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom