Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

I Guess Brooks Conrad lost his Job
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I'm sayin, fellas... If that's the case, yall can have him.

The Rangers can go get Crawford, Victor Martinez, and trade for Zack Greinke for close to $160M...
laugh.gif
Keep being delusional.
laugh.gif

But I agree with you on the 7 years 160M.  I would go no higher than 5 years on him.  I'd rather just sure up the BP and get Soriano than spend money on him over 7 years.
laugh.gif
I'm not saying that's what would necessarily happen...  I'm saying a team could realistically go out and commit damn near the same amount of money for all three of those guys as the Yankees would on Lee, under that scenario...

That's STUPID money. Even for the Yankees.

laugh.gif

The Rangers can go get Crawford, Victor Martinez, and trade for Zack Greinke for close to $160M...
laugh.gif
Keep being delusional.
laugh.gif

But I agree with you on the 7 years 160M.  I would go no higher than 5 years on him.  I'd rather just sure up the BP and get Soriano than spend money on him over 7 years.
laugh.gif
I'm not saying that's what would necessarily happen...  I'm saying a team could realistically go out and commit damn near the same amount of money for all three of those guys as the Yankees would on Lee, under that scenario...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Keep being delusional.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As a Yankees fan I completely agree with you.  I mean if he was lets say 27 then fine.  But he's 33/34 so no thank you.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Keep being delusional.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As a Yankees fan I completely agree with you.  I mean if he was lets say 27 then fine.  But he's 33/34 so no thank you.

Exactly. If this was Josh Johnson or King Felix, awesome. 32 or 33 year old Cliff Lee? LMAO.

Exactly. If this was Josh Johnson or King Felix, awesome. 32 or 33 year old Cliff Lee? LMAO.

Braves with a steal
pimp.gif

Infante was going to be utility player for the Braves in 2011 and Mike Dunn has control issues sure he throws hard, but the Braves have plenty of relief pitchers.

I wonder where Uggla will play whether 2B or LF I'd leave him in LF but he's most likely going to play 2B because Martin Prado is playing LF in the winter league.

Braves with a steal
pimp.gif

Infante was going to be utility player for the Braves in 2011 and Mike Dunn has control issues sure he throws hard, but the Braves have plenty of relief pitchers.

I wonder where Uggla will play whether 2B or LF I'd leave him in LF but he's most likely going to play 2B because Martin Prado is playing LF in the winter league.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

i swear its so hard to be a Mets fan

its not like i wanted him. an extension still has to be worked out too.

BUT WHY THE BRAVES
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

the price should have been much higher to trade in the division.

BUT WHY THE BRAVES
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

BUT WHY THE BRAVES
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I really didnt want him either. I was eluding to a team in our division getting better alreadya dn its only november
ehh misery loves company i guess
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

BUT WHY THE BRAVES
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I really didnt want him either. I was eluding to a team in our division getting better alreadya dn its only november
ehh misery loves company i guess
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'll update the title and post up the regular rumors and stuff tomorrow, been on vacation
laugh.gif

Been waiting. It's hard viewing ESPN without being an insider.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'll update the title and post up the regular rumors and stuff tomorrow, been on vacation
laugh.gif

Been waiting. It's hard viewing ESPN without being an insider.
laugh.gif

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1174871&s=bei&type=story
According to ESPNDeportes.com, the Athletics offered free agent Adrian Beltre a five-year, $64 million deal, an amount that would match what he received in a five-year deal he signed with the Mariners after a 2004 season in which he hit 48 home runs. The report quotes a source as saying that the Mariners deal was signed when there was $1 billion less in revenue flowing through the game, suggesting that there was grounds for the All-Star third baseman to receive even more money.

The 31-year-old, who played with the Red Sox on a one-year, $10 million deal in 2010, had his best offensive season since 2004, hitting .321/.365/.553/.919 with 28 homers and 102 RBI. On the strength of that season, agent Scott Boras recently said that the market for Beltre’s services was unprecedented in his experience representing players.

Red Sox GM Theo Epstein said last week that the club’s first choice was to retain Beltre for the 2011 season and beyond, but it remains to be seen whether the years and dollars that the third baseman seeks match up. While the Boston Globe reported that the Sox will not bid more than four years and $52 million on the third baseman, GM Theo Epstein subsequently told the outlet that he has not drawn a “line in the sand.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1174871&s=bei&type=story
According to ESPNDeportes.com, the Athletics offered free agent Adrian Beltre a five-year, $64 million deal, an amount that would match what he received in a five-year deal he signed with the Mariners after a 2004 season in which he hit 48 home runs. The report quotes a source as saying that the Mariners deal was signed when there was $1 billion less in revenue flowing through the game, suggesting that there was grounds for the All-Star third baseman to receive even more money.

The 31-year-old, who played with the Red Sox on a one-year, $10 million deal in 2010, had his best offensive season since 2004, hitting .321/.365/.553/.919 with 28 homers and 102 RBI. On the strength of that season, agent Scott Boras recently said that the market for Beltre’s services was unprecedented in his experience representing players.

Red Sox GM Theo Epstein said last week that the club’s first choice was to retain Beltre for the 2011 season and beyond, but it remains to be seen whether the years and dollars that the third baseman seeks match up. While the Boston Globe reported that the Sox will not bid more than four years and $52 million on the third baseman, GM Theo Epstein subsequently told the outlet that he has not drawn a “line in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom