Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Let me see if I got this straight. So the A's win the bid on Iwakuma. They decide to trade Gio Gonzalez to open up a spot in the rotation for him. Now they decide he is too much money and have broken off talks?

Um, ok Billy.

Let me see if I got this straight. So the A's win the bid on Iwakuma. They decide to trade Gio Gonzalez to open up a spot in the rotation for him. Now they decide he is too much money and have broken off talks?

Um, ok Billy.

They only traded Mazzaro, no? And if this clown is asking for Barry Zito money, then I don't blame them. Mazzaro isn't a world beater either, he's pretty overrated IMO.

They only traded Mazzaro, no? And if this clown is asking for Barry Zito money, then I don't blame them. Mazzaro isn't a world beater either, he's pretty overrated IMO.

Joey Votto has won the NL MVP.
31 out of 32 first place votes.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Um, ok Billy.

They traded Mazzaro, and would you pay him Zitos annual salary?
eyes.gif

Um, ok Billy.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Um, ok Billy.

eyes.gif
Exactly. Who the *@+# would pay this guy Zito money? The A's traded Mazzaro but he didn't even have the number 5 spot on lock. There are plenty of guys we have within the organization that could fill that spot. Would I like to see Iwakuma take that spot? Obviously but who the hell pays a 4-5 starter $15 mil a year?
laugh.gif
His bid went for what, $17 mil? And he wants that as his annual salary?
laugh.gif
I don't know if I'm trippin or not but Dice-K's bid went for like $50 mil didn't it? And he signed a 6 yr deal that was worth between $50-$60 mil I think. And this guy Iwakuma wants at least that much and his bid wasn't even have or Dice-K's?
laugh.gif
Yeah, I think I'll let him go back to Japan. 

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Um, ok Billy.

eyes.gif
Exactly. Who the *@+# would pay this guy Zito money? The A's traded Mazzaro but he didn't even have the number 5 spot on lock. There are plenty of guys we have within the organization that could fill that spot. Would I like to see Iwakuma take that spot? Obviously but who the hell pays a 4-5 starter $15 mil a year?
laugh.gif
His bid went for what, $17 mil? And he wants that as his annual salary?
laugh.gif
I don't know if I'm trippin or not but Dice-K's bid went for like $50 mil didn't it? And he signed a 6 yr deal that was worth between $50-$60 mil I think. And this guy Iwakuma wants at least that much and his bid wasn't even have or Dice-K's?
laugh.gif
Yeah, I think I'll let him go back to Japan. 

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

smokin.gif
[table][tr][th=""][/th][td]1st[/td][td]2nd[/td][td]3rd[/td][td]4th[/td][td]5th[/td][td]6th[/td][td]7th[/td][td]8th[/td][td]9th[/td][td]10th[/td][td]Points[/td][/tr][tr][td]Joey Votto, Cincinnati[/td][td]31[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]443[/td][/tr][tr][td]Albert Pujols, St. Louis[/td][td]1[/td][td]21[/td][td]8[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]279[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]13[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]240[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]15[/td][td]8[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]197[/td][/tr][tr][td]Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]132[/td][/tr][tr][td]Roy Halladay, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]130[/td][/tr][tr][td]Aubrey Huff, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]70[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayson Werth, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]52[/td][/tr][tr][td]Martin Prado, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]51[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Howard, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]50[/td][/tr][tr][td]Buster Posey, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Holliday, St. Louis[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][td]32[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian Wilson, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]28[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scott Rolen, Cincinnati[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]26[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Braun, Milwaukee[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Zimmerman, Washington[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]18[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Ruiz, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dan Uggla, Florida[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Wainwright, St. Louis[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Heyward, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian McCann, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Dunn, Washington[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ubaldo Jimenez, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]David Wright, New York[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Corey Hart, Milwaukee[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Johnson, Florida[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Heath Bell, San Diego[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]2

[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

smokin.gif
[table][tr][th=""][/th][td]1st[/td][td]2nd[/td][td]3rd[/td][td]4th[/td][td]5th[/td][td]6th[/td][td]7th[/td][td]8th[/td][td]9th[/td][td]10th[/td][td]Points[/td][/tr][tr][td]Joey Votto, Cincinnati[/td][td]31[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]443[/td][/tr][tr][td]Albert Pujols, St. Louis[/td][td]1[/td][td]21[/td][td]8[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]279[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]13[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]240[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]15[/td][td]8[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]197[/td][/tr][tr][td]Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]132[/td][/tr][tr][td]Roy Halladay, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]130[/td][/tr][tr][td]Aubrey Huff, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]70[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayson Werth, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]52[/td][/tr][tr][td]Martin Prado, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]51[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Howard, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]50[/td][/tr][tr][td]Buster Posey, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Holliday, St. Louis[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][td]32[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian Wilson, San Francisco[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]28[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scott Rolen, Cincinnati[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]26[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Braun, Milwaukee[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Zimmerman, Washington[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]18[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Ruiz, Philadelphia[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dan Uggla, Florida[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Wainwright, St. Louis[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Heyward, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian McCann, Atlanta[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Dunn, Washington[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ubaldo Jimenez, Colorado[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]David Wright, New York[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Corey Hart, Milwaukee[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Johnson, Florida[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Heath Bell, San Diego[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]2

[/td][/tr][/table]

My bad about getting the pitcher you traded wrong. The bottom line is, the A's had to have known he was going to be expensive. Yet they still bid on his services. The fact that he wants Zito money is ridiculous yes. But everyone is acting like the A's were blindsided by this salary demand. If Billy really thought he was going to want substantially less than that, its his own fault for not doing his homework and not having the foresight to see this coming.

My bad about getting the pitcher you traded wrong. The bottom line is, the A's had to have known he was going to be expensive. Yet they still bid on his services. The fact that he wants Zito money is ridiculous yes. But everyone is acting like the A's were blindsided by this salary demand. If Billy really thought he was going to want substantially less than that, its his own fault for not doing his homework and not having the foresight to see this coming.

^Some of the names on that ballot just make me laugh. Martin Prado? Ryan Howard got a second place vote!?? C'mon now, he wasn't even one of the five most valuable players on his own team. Whoever cast that vote should be canned. Immediately. 

^Some of the names on that ballot just make me laugh. Martin Prado? Ryan Howard got a second place vote!?? C'mon now, he wasn't even one of the five most valuable players on his own team. Whoever cast that vote should be canned. Immediately. 

Billy probably did this to block him from going to anyone else in the AL West. I believe the A's get there money back if he doesn't sign (not 100% sure tho). 

Billy probably did this to block him from going to anyone else in the AL West. I believe the A's get there money back if he doesn't sign (not 100% sure tho). 

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine paying that money so that no other AL West team got him. You know damn well Texas is looking for an ace since Lee is out of there.

Back
Top Bottom