Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Being a die hard mets fan, I can't help but laugh when I see how busy the winter meetings are. And the only news involving the Mets now is Madoff and K-Rod not going to jail. Smh, lol.
And 1 more thing, Scott Boras should go to the hall of fame, that guy has skill with all the crazy contracts he gets. I'm sure he makes more than some of the athletes when you add up his percentages from his clients.
They are not making any deals to add to the payroll this off season, they are going to let the current bad ones like Castillo/TRON end (or trade) and continue to develop the younger guys.
We will have a lot of room to work after the 2011 season.

That Werth deal makes the Beltran/Bay deals seem like bargains.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Being a die hard mets fan, I can't help but laugh when I see how busy the winter meetings are. And the only news involving the Mets now is Madoff and K-Rod not going to jail. Smh, lol.
And 1 more thing, Scott Boras should go to the hall of fame, that guy has skill with all the crazy contracts he gets. I'm sure he makes more than some of the athletes when you add up his percentages from his clients.
They are not making any deals to add to the payroll this off season, they are going to let the current bad ones like Castillo/TRON end (or trade) and continue to develop the younger guys.
We will have a lot of room to work after the 2011 season.

That Werth deal makes the Beltran/Bay deals seem like bargains.
laugh.gif

O's got Mark Reynolds....
pimp.gif

just keep ur average over .250, please.

*Also read on the O's MB that they got Derrick Lee....

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Proshares

Marcum is never healthy, might as well get something live for him. You never know what you're getting from him.
I dont consider Marcum to be injury prone. Yeah, he missed all of 2009 but if you look at his career he's generally been healthy and is just coming off a very strong comeback.

Anyways, I'm not happy about this trade at all. Marcum has been one of our best SPs in the last few years and we're not getting any immediate help in return. Word on the street though is that Anthopolos is working on another deal that'll bring in a SP to replace Marcum. Lets see what the Jays do in the coming weeks.

That's what I'm saying Marcum is a solid pitcher, has great stuff, paired with Romero and getting Grienke that's a nice 1-2-3

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Marcum is never healthy, might as well get something live for him. You never know what you're getting from him.
I dont consider Marcum to be injury prone. Yeah, he missed all of 2009 but if you look at his career he's generally been healthy and is just coming off a very strong comeback.

Anyways, I'm not happy about this trade at all. Marcum has been one of our best SPs in the last few years and we're not getting any immediate help in return. Word on the street though is that Anthopolos is working on another deal that'll bring in a SP to replace Marcum. Lets see what the Jays do in the coming weeks.

That's what I'm saying Marcum is a solid pitcher, has great stuff, paired with Romero and getting Grienke that's a nice 1-2-3

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

I think that is a great move for the O's. He is your #4 hitter, put Markakis infront of him and Adam Jones behind him and thats a nice 3-4-5 the rest of the line up though...and you guys need pitching. But with Showalter as Coach, this is a great start.

pimp.gif

I think that is a great move for the O's. He is your #4 hitter, put Markakis infront of him and Adam Jones behind him and thats a nice 3-4-5 the rest of the line up though...and you guys need pitching. But with Showalter as Coach, this is a great start.

- Yankees are meeting with Lee's agent this afternoon.

- I'm reading the Adrian Gonzalez extension will be 7 years $154 Mil

- Expect the Zach Grienke deal to Toronto to happen this week.

- Yankees are meeting with Lee's agent this afternoon.

- I'm reading the Adrian Gonzalez extension will be 7 years $154 Mil

- Expect the Zach Grienke deal to Toronto to happen this week.

i am LOVING the Werth signing haha. makes us signing Bay last year a little more tolerable.

im calling it now, with AGon hitting in Fenway, he will win the MVP next season. no guarantee Boston wins the division, but Gonzalez will be THAT GUY.

ive read that if Texas gives Lee a 6th year, he stays. Cashman better act fast.

i am LOVING the Werth signing haha. makes us signing Bay last year a little more tolerable.

im calling it now, with AGon hitting in Fenway, he will win the MVP next season. no guarantee Boston wins the division, but Gonzalez will be THAT GUY.

ive read that if Texas gives Lee a 6th year, he stays. Cashman better act fast.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

pimp.gif

O's played good baseball when Buck came on....they've lacked a LEGIT power-hitter for the longest time.  Now they got one....

they need some more pitching though....AL East is ridiculously tough w. Tampa, NY, and Boston....O's gotta get back to their winning ways for 15 years back
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

pimp.gif

O's played good baseball when Buck came on....they've lacked a LEGIT power-hitter for the longest time.  Now they got one....

they need some more pitching though....AL East is ridiculously tough w. Tampa, NY, and Boston....O's gotta get back to their winning ways for 15 years back
laugh.gif

Don't forget about Toronto either.

O's have pitching in the minors, just need to get here and perform. Matusz will be one of those sleeper Cy Young picks next season.

Not to say Gonzalez can't win it but it'll be tough to win it over Miggy, Hamilton and Longoria for the next few years.

I think you're overvaluing Reynolds DJ's, he's going to struggle badly next year. .250 would be amazing to me.

O's have pitching in the minors, just need to get here and perform. Matusz will be one of those sleeper Cy Young picks next season.

Not to say Gonzalez can't win it but it'll be tough to win it over Miggy, Hamilton and Longoria for the next few years.

I think you're overvaluing Reynolds DJ's, he's going to struggle badly next year. .250 would be amazing to me.

I know
30t6p3b.gif
  Realistically, he'll probably be around .240 or so....I think the .198 was aberration, even for him.

Oh yeah....Jayson Werth will be booed unmercifully at home when the Phillies play in DC
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I know
30t6p3b.gif
  Realistically, he'll probably be around .240 or so....I think the .198 was aberration, even for him.

Oh yeah....Jayson Werth will be booed unmercifully at home when the Phillies play in DC
laugh.gif
roll.gif

It was but he struggles hard against decent off speed stuff and look at who he'd potentially be facing in the AL East for the majority of the year. Plus off speed stuff with fastballs in the mid to upper 90's. Does not bode well for him at all.

Philly can boo all they want, he'll go into that stadium and crush. They'll have either Brown (who has looked awful for some a while now) or Ibanez to replace him. Utley becoming injury prone, Rollins aging and Howard striking out more and more and walking less. Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels and Blanton better be lights out next year.

It was but he struggles hard against decent off speed stuff and look at who he'd potentially be facing in the AL East for the majority of the year. Plus off speed stuff with fastballs in the mid to upper 90's. Does not bode well for him at all.

Philly can boo all they want, he'll go into that stadium and crush. They'll have either Brown (who has looked awful for some a while now) or Ibanez to replace him. Utley becoming injury prone, Rollins aging and Howard striking out more and more and walking less. Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels and Blanton better be lights out next year.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
you never lied ... i went to a phillies game in DC and it was worse than going to a cowboys skins game at FedEX ... smh

laugh.gif
roll.gif
you never lied ... i went to a phillies game in DC and it was worse than going to a cowboys skins game at FedEX ... smh

Back
Top Bottom