Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

I hate it when people talk about Theo being the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can give pretty much any GM in the league 200 million dolllars to play with, and he'll build you a contender in today's market.
He's actually scouted and acquired good young talent as well. Although the Red Sox are huge spenders they take a more balanced approach to building their team than do the Yankees.
How?
Trades, building the farm system, etc. Money might not be an object for the Red Sox, but it isn't thrown around recklessly. 
and again, bringing in gonzo and crawford has not really increased our payroll, which people are automatically assuming. we were around the 170 level i believe, have not hit 200, and will not really move far off from the 170 level even with these two guys. this is what i heard. the timing of contracts expiring and everything will keep us around 170 for the next few years, give or take a few million.

im not saying we're don't spend, but like koolbar said, it's done with more thought, imo

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

I hate it when people talk about Theo being the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can give pretty much any GM in the league 200 million dolllars to play with, and he'll build you a contender in today's market.
He's actually scouted and acquired good young talent as well. Although the Red Sox are huge spenders they take a more balanced approach to building their team than do the Yankees.
How?
Trades, building the farm system, etc. Money might not be an object for the Red Sox, but it isn't thrown around recklessly. 
and again, bringing in gonzo and crawford has not really increased our payroll, which people are automatically assuming. we were around the 170 level i believe, have not hit 200, and will not really move far off from the 170 level even with these two guys. this is what i heard. the timing of contracts expiring and everything will keep us around 170 for the next few years, give or take a few million.

im not saying we're don't spend, but like koolbar said, it's done with more thought, imo

[h1]Ryan Garko To Play In Korea[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 10 at 11:17am CST]

Ryan Garko has signed to play in Korea, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (on Twitter). The six-year MLB veteran hit free agency two months ago after a disappointing 2010 season.

Garko, who turns 30 next month, struggled through 38 plate appearances with the Rangers before they cut him this May. In his last extended stint in the majors, the first baseman batted .268/.344/.421 in 400 plate appearances for the Indians and Giants in 2009.

[h1]Ryan Garko To Play In Korea[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 10 at 11:17am CST]

Ryan Garko has signed to play in Korea, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (on Twitter). The six-year MLB veteran hit free agency two months ago after a disappointing 2010 season.

Garko, who turns 30 next month, struggled through 38 plate appearances with the Rangers before they cut him this May. In his last extended stint in the majors, the first baseman batted .268/.344/.421 in 400 plate appearances for the Indians and Giants in 2009.

I read in todays New York Post, the Yankees offer to Lee was 7 years $161 Mil...

that's the 1st time I'm seeing an actual # behind the 7 yrs

I read in todays New York Post, the Yankees offer to Lee was 7 years $161 Mil...

that's the 1st time I'm seeing an actual # behind the 7 yrs

and everyone seems to be in on Greinke, so that's a 50-50 proposition at the absolute best. They do have the farm system to get it done...but so do a LOT of other teams...

My sentiments exactly.

and everyone seems to be in on Greinke, so that's a 50-50 proposition at the absolute best. They do have the farm system to get it done...but so do a LOT of other teams...

My sentiments exactly.

What teams have the talent/depth at a prime position like SP that the Rangers have? I can't think of any. I can go through every team in the majors and I won't come up with an offer that the Rangers can't top other than Toronto. Strictly speaking farm system wise.

Yo, Team Yankees, what's your thought on signing Russel Martin? Apparently his agents have been in (serious) discussions with the Yankees, Blue Jays, and Red Sox (and apparently Martin is showing interest in Boston the most).

I for one, rather avoid him if we could. I'm really hoping Montero will shine in Spring Training and become the starter for Opening Day, but who knows how he might perform, and that's why I believe Martin is getting discussed as an option. He had, what, one or two good seasons and has fallen off since?

What teams have the talent/depth at a prime position like SP that the Rangers have? I can't think of any. I can go through every team in the majors and I won't come up with an offer that the Rangers can't top other than Toronto. Strictly speaking farm system wise.

Yo, Team Yankees, what's your thought on signing Russel Martin? Apparently his agents have been in (serious) discussions with the Yankees, Blue Jays, and Red Sox (and apparently Martin is showing interest in Boston the most).

I for one, rather avoid him if we could. I'm really hoping Montero will shine in Spring Training and become the starter for Opening Day, but who knows how he might perform, and that's why I believe Martin is getting discussed as an option. He had, what, one or two good seasons and has fallen off since?

Yo bk let him goto Boston i wouldn't like him on our squad at all.

Edit: WFAN just reported that we want him to be our starting catcher
sick.gif

Yo bk let him goto Boston i wouldn't like him on our squad at all.

Edit: WFAN just reported that we want him to be our starting catcher
sick.gif

No thank you to Martin, dude is a huuuuge liability, that's the last thing we need...bring up Montero and we are good.

No thank you to Martin, dude is a huuuuge liability, that's the last thing we need...bring up Montero and we are good.

i want to see what Toronto is going to do with brett cecil ... he is probably the most underrated young gun in the majors ...

i want to see what Toronto is going to do with brett cecil ... he is probably the most underrated young gun in the majors ...

I'm good with just letting Montero play for a little. I just want him finally to the bigs

I'm good with just letting Montero play for a little. I just want him finally to the bigs

Back
Top Bottom