Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

^ Translation: We made an offer we thought was reasonable considering our budget/revenues, but unless Cliff and his agent start hating money within the next few days, he'll be a Yankee by next week.
Meh. I don't see why they would feel any need to hold a conference call for PR reasons... It's not like everybody doesn't know they're trying like all hell to make it work... Holding the call to save face and try to make Lee look like a greedy last-dollar bastard is a Tom Hicks move. Don't think it's Greenburg's style.

LOL my laughing face didn't show for you to sense my sarcasm.

Oh, no. I got it. But still
laugh.gif

If we give in to Boras and get Beltre...  are we gonna suffer through a couple .255 20 80 seasons before he'll hit .300 when his contract is up?

If we give in to Boras and get Beltre...  are we gonna suffer through a couple .255 20 80 seasons before he'll hit .300 when his contract is up?

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

IDK, but if I had to guess, I'd say his performance will be somewhere between his Boston numbers and his Seattle numbers. You have to remember, Safeco Field is basically death to all batters, and there is the fact that he's one of best defensive third basemen in the majors. So they should get decent value, unless Boras completely runs them over (which he has done to front offices in the past).
Meh. I don't see why they would feel any need to hold a conference call for PR reasons... It's not like everybody doesn't know they're trying like all hell to make it work... Holding the call to save face and try to make Lee look like a greedy last-dollar bastard is a Tom Hicks move. Don't think it's Greenburg's style.

IDK about all that, seems like Greenburg has no problems going to the press if he wants to make someone look bad (see his comments on Yankee fans lol). Besides, what else could he have gained from making his recent dealings with Lee public? If I had to guess, he did it to elicit sympathy from Rangers fans in case they miss out on Cliff. Still, if Lee signs with the Yanks as everyone expects him to, the Rangers are in a bad spot. They're going to be an ace short of a contender, and everyone seems to be in on Greinke, so that's a 50-50 proposition at the absolute best. They do have the farm system to get it done...but so do a LOT of other teams...

IDK, but if I had to guess, I'd say his performance will be somewhere between his Boston numbers and his Seattle numbers. You have to remember, Safeco Field is basically death to all batters, and there is the fact that he's one of best defensive third basemen in the majors. So they should get decent value, unless Boras completely runs them over (which he has done to front offices in the past).

IDK about all that, seems like Greenburg has no problems going to the press if he wants to make someone look bad (see his comments on Yankee fans lol). Besides, what else could he have gained from making his recent dealings with Lee public? If I had to guess, he did it to elicit sympathy from Rangers fans in case they miss out on Cliff. Still, if Lee signs with the Yanks as everyone expects him to, the Rangers are in a bad spot. They're going to be an ace short of a contender, and everyone seems to be in on Greinke, so that's a 50-50 proposition at the absolute best. They do have the farm system to get it done...but so do a LOT of other teams...

If the Rangers want Greinke bad enough, they'll get him. They just have more to offer than just about everybody.

And Greenburg ain't gonna need to elicit sympathy from anybody... Him and Nolan are Gods in the metroplex already. They don't need to make excuses. Just don't buy that as the reason they're going to the media now.

If the Rangers want Greinke bad enough, they'll get him. They just have more to offer than just about everybody.

And Greenburg ain't gonna need to elicit sympathy from anybody... Him and Nolan are Gods in the metroplex already. They don't need to make excuses. Just don't buy that as the reason they're going to the media now.

it wouldnt surprise me. but $15 mil for a guy just to play defense? no thanks

it wouldnt surprise me. but $15 mil for a guy just to play defense? no thanks

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I will say this now, the Crawford contract is just as bad as the Werth contract.

But the Red Sox can afford it so it doesnt matter.
nats have the richest  owner  so neither contracts  should

I will say this now, the Crawford contract is just as bad as the Werth contract.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Now take care of the MVP.

He will be getting Pujols money in  a couple years so I don't think he'll sign an extension right now.
Pretty good deal for Bruce. Hopefully he can reach his potential this season.

He will be getting Pujols money in  a couple years so I don't think he'll sign an extension right now.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

5uia6s.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

5uia6s.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Washington had no choice but to overpay for him there a young team thats rebuild. At least  Zimmerman has some help now.
Last season he hit 27hr's and his OBP was 388.

Here’s one way to gauge whether you think Jayson Werth will be able to live up to his seven-year, $126 million contract. 

4262.jpg

Werth
Let’s set an arbitrary criteria for an $18 million player using two simple metrics -- on-base percentage and home runs -- with the standard of excellence being a .375 on-base percentage and 30 home runs in a season. That seems reasonable given that $18 million ranks among the elite contracts in today’s game. 

Six players have managed a .375 on-base percentage and averaged 30 home runs a year over the last seven seasons. Those are: Albert PujolsMiguel CabreraAlex RodriguezMark TeixeiraDavid Ortiz and Adam Dunn

If you think that Werth can match or come reasonably close to how those players have performed from 2004 to 2010, then you can feel good about this contract. If not, you might be a little bit skittish right now. 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Washington had no choice but to overpay for him there a young team thats rebuild. At least  Zimmerman has some help now.
Last season he hit 27hr's and his OBP was 388.

Here’s one way to gauge whether you think Jayson Werth will be able to live up to his seven-year, $126 million contract. 

4262.jpg

Werth
Let’s set an arbitrary criteria for an $18 million player using two simple metrics -- on-base percentage and home runs -- with the standard of excellence being a .375 on-base percentage and 30 home runs in a season. That seems reasonable given that $18 million ranks among the elite contracts in today’s game. 

Six players have managed a .375 on-base percentage and averaged 30 home runs a year over the last seven seasons. Those are: Albert PujolsMiguel CabreraAlex RodriguezMark TeixeiraDavid Ortiz and Adam Dunn

If you think that Werth can match or come reasonably close to how those players have performed from 2004 to 2010, then you can feel good about this contract. If not, you might be a little bit skittish right now. 

Back
Top Bottom