Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Why don't we go after some middle relief cashman?

Scott downsssss

Downs, Feliciano are def 2 guys the Yankees are looking at

Downs is Type A we gotta give up a pick for him.

Pretty sure the same with Lee, not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Why don't we go after some middle relief cashman?

Scott downsssss

Downs, Feliciano are def 2 guys the Yankees are looking at

Downs is Type A we gotta give up a pick for him.

Pretty sure the same with Lee, not 100% sure.

Liriano? That'd be a wicked addition since it sounds like Andy isnt coming back. Hopefully we don't fail getting a solid starter like jarrett wright..pavano...Vasquez.

Liriano? That'd be a wicked addition since it sounds like Andy isnt coming back. Hopefully we don't fail getting a solid starter like jarrett wright..pavano...Vasquez.

So Dirk, if you guys happen to lose Lee do you get desperate and go after Greinke by giving in to some of their demands in prospects or try to wait them out and risk Toronto snatching them?

Pavano in Texas has bad news written all over it.

So Dirk, if you guys happen to lose Lee do you get desperate and go after Greinke by giving in to some of their demands in prospects or try to wait them out and risk Toronto snatching them?

Pavano in Texas has bad news written all over it.

Cautious with giving Beltre a multi-year deal. This is the same guy who sucked every year until there were rumors of the dodgers trading him at the deadline, then he would have a monstrous august and september every year. His contract year with the dodgers he practically was playing on 1 leg all year and got 49 homeruns (with the help of the juice I'm sure).
He went to the mariners and sucked. All of a sudden he goes to boston for 1 year and had an awesome year. I don't think it being a contract year is a coincidence.

Cautious with giving Beltre a multi-year deal. This is the same guy who sucked every year until there were rumors of the dodgers trading him at the deadline, then he would have a monstrous august and september every year. His contract year with the dodgers he practically was playing on 1 leg all year and got 49 homeruns (with the help of the juice I'm sure).
He went to the mariners and sucked. All of a sudden he goes to boston for 1 year and had an awesome year. I don't think it being a contract year is a coincidence.

I can't see any way they move on Pavano with any significant contract.. They've learned that lesson, I think.

I think they'll probably take a somewhat hard stance on Kansas City. No way in hell they go Perez, Scheppers, Holland and Beltre like has been rumored... It doesn't really matter what Toronto offers, Texas can match. So I think they'll be patient with it while also scanning the market for other guys that may be available...

I really wish they'd find a centerfielder... Borbon out there full-time is a disaster.

Rangers owner is about to make a conference call...

Basically sounds like it was just "Hey, we made an offer. Won't get into specifics but we're very optimistic. Went to Arkansas because of the Crawford signing yesterday" Not sure why he woulda called it to tell people that.
laugh.gif

I can't see any way they move on Pavano with any significant contract.. They've learned that lesson, I think.

I think they'll probably take a somewhat hard stance on Kansas City. No way in hell they go Perez, Scheppers, Holland and Beltre like has been rumored... It doesn't really matter what Toronto offers, Texas can match. So I think they'll be patient with it while also scanning the market for other guys that may be available...

I really wish they'd find a centerfielder... Borbon out there full-time is a disaster.

Rangers owner is about to make a conference call...

Basically sounds like it was just "Hey, we made an offer. Won't get into specifics but we're very optimistic. Went to Arkansas because of the Crawford signing yesterday" Not sure why he woulda called it to tell people that.
laugh.gif

lol @ the Rangers owner being an attention you know what and calling a meaning less conference call to announce an offer...just use twitter

lol @ the Rangers owner being an attention you know what and calling a meaning less conference call to announce an offer...just use twitter

Met with Cliff and his agent for 90 minutes today... Chuck, Jon Daniels, Nolan, and it sounds like Ray Davis (the big-money guy behind this group) was there as well... Interesting.
Go get Ellsbury Dirk
laugh.gif

kill_yourself.jpg

Evan_P_Grant
Greenberg: we made a menu of options and offers to Cliff Lee and his family, competitive in the market place

Met with Cliff and his agent for 90 minutes today... Chuck, Jon Daniels, Nolan, and it sounds like Ray Davis (the big-money guy behind this group) was there as well... Interesting.
Go get Ellsbury Dirk
laugh.gif

kill_yourself.jpg

Evan_P_Grant
Greenberg: we made a menu of options and offers to Cliff Lee and his family, competitive in the market place

^ Translation: We made an offer we thought was reasonable considering our budget/revenues, but unless Cliff and his agent start hating money within the next few days, he'll be a Yankee by next week.

^ Translation: We made an offer we thought was reasonable considering our budget/revenues, but unless Cliff and his agent start hating money within the next few days, he'll be a Yankee by next week.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Meh. I don't see why they would feel any need to hold a conference call for PR reasons... It's not like everybody doesn't know they're trying like all hell to make it work... Holding the call to save face and try to make Lee look like a greedy last-dollar bastard is a Tom Hicks move. Don't think it's Greenburg's style.

LOL my laughing face didn't show for you to sense my sarcasm.

Oh, no. I got it. But still
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom