Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

just reviewed the video. Dana's exact words

"he's out of the finale. he's out of the UFC"

and it would be crazy if the UFC could have an event the same night. damn hate for affliction
grin.gif
I'll be watching Affliction on my laptop and UFC on tv.

A W. Silva/B. Vera LHW match-up for free on Spike would be ridiculous! Sorry Brandon, but Wanderlei would hand you your @%!!!

I missed the EXC Noons/Diaz scuffle this weekend and can't find a vid of it anywhere. After both victories, I can see them setting up the re-match on thesame CBS Kimbo card in October.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

are most ufc deals not exclusive?

most are exclusive as far as I know. Sometimes they let the guys go fight in smaller orgs to get back on track (either with their junior league WEC orother small home shows like Melvin Guillard did). The only Zuffa contracted fighter I can think of in recent months to fight for a different org was when RaniYahya from WEC fought at either Dream or World Victory Road or one of those new *** orgs.

Who caught Dream 4? Thoughts?

I ffwd through a lot of the inbetween BS so I cant say much about the production values, but based strictly on the fights that card was SOLID.

Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama - One of the most exciting fights I've seen all year. What a battle. First time seeing or hearing anything about thiskid Uyenoyama. Frankly, I dont know that much about Tokoro either. Being an admitted UFC fanboy, I have limited knowlege of a lot of these internationalfighters. I saw this kid Tokoro fight live at the K-1 Dynamite event last year and was very impressed and wanted to see more. Good to see FEG give this kid ashot to show what he can do. If you guys missed it look for it on mmatube or youtube and definitely check this fight out.

Overeem KTFO that Ssirum guy in devastating fashion. I thought dude died in the middle of the ring.

Aoki's gogoplata from mount was ridiculous. I had to rewind it and watch that thing over several times and each time it was just as amazing. To have thatkind of flexibility and top control to be able to throw that on was awesome. If only he wasn't such a crybaby (I kid I kid).

Slow-mo on Taiei Kin's arm.... damn...

Saku... time to hang it up the gloves man. You're doing your legacy an injustice by going out and getting manhandled like that. Feel bad for the guycause he put on some epic fights.

and lastly, for that dude who fought Ralek Gracie. W...T....F? Dude clearly taps before getting his arm snapped and then wants to continue once he lets go ofthe hold? Idiot...

Missed the Elite XC event but whats this I hear about the Diaz's talkin smack to Noons and his family? Absolutely classless.

Affliction card looks great on paper, but no one should be jumping the gun before it happens. I've seen Arlovski dance for 15 minutes in a fight before.

Let's hope the card lives up to the potential. WAY too early to file this card in the history books until it happens.

I just finished watching last week's UFC Unleashed with Anderson Silva in the main event. Where does Silva rank with middleweights throughout the world?I've seen 2 fights so far and both have been outstanding. Is he one of the best fighters UFC has to offer?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I just finished watching last week's UFC Unleashed with Anderson Silva in the main event. Where does Silva rank with middleweights throughout the world? I've seen 2 fights so far and both have been outstanding. Is he one of the best fighters UFC has to offer?

He is considered the best fighter right now.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

are most ufc deals not exclusive?

most are exclusive as far as I know. Sometimes they let the guys go fight in smaller orgs to get back on track (either with their junior league WEC or other small home shows like Melvin Guillard did). The only Zuffa contracted fighter I can think of in recent months to fight for a different org was when Rani Yahya from WEC fought at either Dream or World Victory Road or one of those new *** orgs.

Who caught Dream 4? Thoughts?

I ffwd through a lot of the inbetween BS so I cant say much about the production values, but based strictly on the fights that card was SOLID.

Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama - One of the most exciting fights I've seen all year. What a battle. First time seeing or hearing anything about this kid Uyenoyama. Frankly, I dont know that much about Tokoro either. Being an admitted UFC fanboy, I have limited knowlege of a lot of these international fighters. I saw this kid Tokoro fight live at the K-1 Dynamite event last year and was very impressed and wanted to see more. Good to see FEG give this kid a shot to show what he can do. If you guys missed it look for it on mmatube or youtube and definitely check this fight out.

Overeem KTFO that Ssirum guy in devastating fashion. I thought dude died in the middle of the ring.

Aoki's gogoplata from mount was ridiculous. I had to rewind it and watch that thing over several times and each time it was just as amazing. To have that kind of flexibility and top control to be able to throw that on was awesome. If only he wasn't such a crybaby (I kid I kid).

Slow-mo on Taiei Kin's arm.... damn...

Saku... time to hang it up the gloves man. You're doing your legacy an injustice by going out and getting manhandled like that. Feel bad for the guy cause he put on some epic fights.

and lastly, for that dude who fought Ralek Gracie. W...T....F? Dude clearly taps before getting his arm snapped and then wants to continue once he lets go of the hold? Idiot...

Missed the Elite XC event but whats this I hear about the Diaz's talkin smack to Noons and his family? Absolutely classless.
I watched everything and loved the entire card. I think I watched the Shinya finisher like 20 times. I only wished they put up Overeem vs someone alittle better. Allister is no can (check his losses) so I felt they could've put him up against someone decent.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I just finished watching last week's UFC Unleashed with Anderson Silva in the main event. Where does Silva rank with middleweights throughout the world? I've seen 2 fights so far and both have been outstanding. Is he one of the best fighters UFC has to offer?

not only that but he's considered the "pound for pound" best fighter in the world on most lists right now

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

not only that but he's considered the "pound for pound" best fighter in the world on most lists right now

and the fight you probably watched was against dan henderson, who is considered as the #2 at 185.

Originally Posted by wildout4

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

and the fight you probably watched was against dan henderson, who is considered as the #2 at 185.

Yea that's his name, couldn't remember. Thanks.

Show will be July 19 on Spike TV from The Palms in Las Vegas:

Anderson Silva (debut as a light heavyweight) vs. James Irvin

Hermes Franca vs. Frankie Edgar

Silva will not vacate the middleweight title, and if all goes well, will fight in both weight classes.

Silva has to fight Okami first doesnt he?

and

I want Anderson to stay at 185 at least until him and GSP have a superfight...

or at least come back down for a superfight..

wow silva vs irvin at 205?

i think silva could still take irvin at 185. bulky silva is gonna give him a beatdown.

That's my boy Spider. Bout to have two titles in another year or so. Trying to show he's possibly top 5 all-time MMA fighters.

Also July 19th free!!! Day after the Dark Knight releases, what a weekend! Plus Wandy and Vera, wow!

^^Wandy and Vera isn't happening. Wand turned down the fight.
ohwell.gif

Silva is a bad, bad man. I really don't see anyone at 205 that will give him too much problems. He's so well-rounded, it's ridiculous. I can seehim standing (successfully) with both Liddell and Rampage, Forrest wouldn't make it out the 1st, he's already defeated Henderson, Machida wouldn'tbe able to run 5 rounds, hell the only guy I see maybe giving him problems might be Wandy, but because of their prior affiliation with Chute Boxe, Ibelieve they've publicly stated they wouldn't fight each other.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Silva will not vacate the middleweight title, and if all goes well, will fight in both weight classes.

That's a slap on the faces of 185ers
eek.gif
laugh.gif
but I cant blame him though. Dude needs a new challenge.

As for the post above, I still think Rampage would be unstoppable until early next year. Wanderlei's a very very very tough fighter and will stand up toknock your head off, but I'm putting my money on Rampage if ever they meet.

eek.gif
Silva for free on TV... Does it get any better? Thats a slap to the faceof Elite XC, they give you Kimbo and UFC gives you quite possibly the best in the business right now.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

eek.gif
laugh.gif

As for the post above, I still think Rampage would be unstoppable until early next year. Wanderlei's a very very very tough fighter and will stand up to knock your head off, but I'm putting my money on Rampage if ever they meet.
Yup, definite slap to the face of the other 185'ers. They're basically saying no one at 185 can beat him. And I agree with the. Okami, Cote,Bisping, Horn, Tanner, etc. would all get destroyed by Spider.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yup, definite slap to the face of the other 185'ers. They're basically saying no one at 185 can beat him. And I agree with the. Okami, Cote, Bisping, Horn, Tanner, etc. would all get destroyed by Spider.
word, they might as well introduce an "intercontinental" title (for all my wwf fans)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
for all the other 185ers, no body stands a chance against thisdude at 185, i think robbie lawler stands somewhat of a chance but only if he could actually land punches on the spider also he's exclusive to elite xc(the champ)

eek.gif
laugh.gif

As for the post above, I still think Rampage would be unstoppable until early next year. Wanderlei's a very very very tough fighter and will stand up to knock your head off, but I'm putting my money on Rampage if ever they meet.

yep, Rampage by whatever he wants.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

ohwell.gif

Silva is a bad, bad man. I really don't see anyone at 205 that will give him too much problems. He's so well-rounded, it's ridiculous. I can see him standing (successfully) with both Liddell and Rampage, Forrest wouldn't make it out the 1st, he's already defeated Henderson, Machida wouldn't be able to run 5 rounds, hell the only guy I see maybe giving him problems might be Wandy, but because of their prior affiliation with Chute Boxe, I believe they've publicly stated they wouldn't fight each other.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount Rampage at 205. Anderson can probably stand with him but I doubt that Rampage would make it a straight standupbattle. I think he would give up too much size and strength to someone like Rampage.

I think Machida would be a tough matchup too due to his style but thats another fight that probably would never happen. Arent they from the same camp? (BlackHouse) or did Machida leave?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

ohwell.gif

Silva is a bad, bad man. I really don't see anyone at 205 that will give him too much problems. He's so well-rounded, it's ridiculous. I can see him standing (successfully) with both Liddell and Rampage, Forrest wouldn't make it out the 1st, he's already defeated Henderson, Machida wouldn't be able to run 5 rounds, hell the only guy I see maybe giving him problems might be Wandy, but because of their prior affiliation with Chute Boxe, I believe they've publicly stated they wouldn't fight each other.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount Rampage at 205. Anderson can probably stand with him but I doubt that Rampage would make it a straight standup battle. I think he would give up too much size and strength to someone like Rampage.

I think Machida would be a tough matchup too due to his style but thats another fight that probably would never happen. Arent they from the same camp? (Black House) or did Machida leave?
As good a wrestler Henderson was, I don't think Rampage would last too long with Spider if it went to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom