Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^ true, but i think McFedries v. Eastman can also be a slugfest but a more technical one at that. Granted all we've really seen of Riddle is what he'sdone on the show but the kid looked REALLY raw and unpolished. I'd rather see McFedries try to put his fists through Eastmans head than see Riddle throw abuncha wild haymakers.

The only reason I think they'd rather showcase Riddle/Rivera is because they're 2 of the more 'popular' cast members from this past season, sothe casual fan will recognize them over McFedries or Eastman. Although I'm with all you when I say I'd rather watch that slugfest over any of TUFmatches
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...

So did you guys like the way how Dana selected and chose the TUF contestants? How did you guys like the season?

I thought the season was good overall. Not as much drama as the past ones... it was all business. I thought the first 2 episodes were awesome plus the crazyending with JT. Then you add Forrest and Rampage, I thought this was the best season since Chuck/Randy and the ones with GSP/Matt.

irvin, really? i thought theyd start him a little farther up the food chain than that.

i thought machida would've been a nice matchup.

ufc's been slow to push machida because of what some consider a boring style but a victory over silva would really legitimize him for a possible titleshot.

and a victory over the undefeated machida would only further the legend that silva seems to be building.

also i feel like ive already been waitng for that game forever.

supposedly it releases in Q4 of this year but for some reason im doubting.

for you guys who follow the sport and know about it, check out my dude Craig:

he's fought some scrubs, and he hasn't trained for very long, but you see anything promising?

I only saw the ending to the Sanchez fight. Nice kick w/ the follow-up knee. How did he do the previous 2 rounds? Is Diego back?

firsy time ive seen fioravanti fight.

is his physique always like that?

i figured he wasnt going to able to keep pace in that fight by the looks of it, but he did alright the first 2 rounds.

spent half the fight pulling up his shorts
eyes.gif
tho, c'mon you're ina fight !

tanner's been a walking punching bagfor his last couple fights.

and for crap's sake stop referencing 'pro' wrestling !!!!!!!!!

who cares who the fighters are fans of? why not name their favourite cartoons too?

i was embarrassed for the sport back when buffer announced 'former wwe champion' as one of lesnars accomplishments in ring.

did he even realize he just stated a fake title that is handed out to people depending upon how an absurd storyline is going?

get a damn clue.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I only saw the ending to the Sanchez fight. Nice kick w/ the follow-up knee. How did he do the previous 2 rounds? Is Diego back?

Evan Tanner vs. Kendall Grove - straight domination by Kendall. Tanner took a lot of beating especially with hits to his chin. At one point I thought thefight was to be stopped but I'm surprised it still continued. His striking has improved imo, he was hitting on target all the time and Evan didn't evenstand a chance.

Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale: Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway - ...what can I say, I was rooting for Amir again. It was like the 3rd round of the semi finalfight except CB thought he didnt tap
indifferent.gif
what a %$%%%#% indeed, iwonder what excuse he'll come up for that. Amir's gunna be a SOLID fighter. Dude's a real striker but manages to pull submissions - histiming's /execution golden imo. A little bit of training and experience and he'll be good.
laugh.gif
at the post fight interview

dct3ew.jpg

Diego Sanchez vs. Luigi Fioravanti - Diego's back (I think). Same energy all throughout the match. He kept pressing Luigi for a stand up and wanted totake him down but Luigi has EXCELLENT take down defense (did a street fighter esque type of sweep/throw ala Ryu/Ken). I thought Diego gave up his chin numeroustimes (and so did Luigi) but was able to take hits - at one point they caught each other's chin
eek.gif
and it didnt seem to rock them even a bit. About Luigi's physique, I thoughthe's gained a hell lot of weight. He probably stood 190-200+ by the way it looked on my tv screen. No doubt he needs to get back in shape
sick.gif

Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens - usual King Fish fight. had full mounts in the fight that caused a beat down pretty much. I can see him fighting forthe belt with 2 more solid fights but the LW division is so stacked to be honest, just like the LHW division.

Dante Rivera vs. Matthew Riddle - Riddle needs some polishing but with a good team he'll probably be a good fighter. Looked sloppy for a minute and Ithought Dante was gunna be able to finish the fight.

PS
what's Diego's affiliation with the Sacramento Kings? or does the Maloof brothers sponsor him?

I enjoyed the fights last night, and as expected, the Eastman/McFederies fight was
eek.gif
!! Glad they showed it after all.

Also, I had a grappling tournament earlier in the day. I weighed in at 120, but since the lightest mens division is 147 and under, I was over-matched a bit. Idid pretty well though, held my own and never got subbed. I nearly +$%% my pants after the first match though (see below)!!

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale: Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway - ...what can I say, I was rooting for Amir again. It was like the 3rd round of the semi final fight except CB thought he didnt tap
indifferent.gif
what a %$%%%#% indeed, i wonder what excuse he'll come up for that. Amir's gunna be a SOLID fighter.

dct3ew.jpg

i myself didnt hear cb's postfight but i think he said he tapped once but changed his mind, im pretty sure the rules say that it has to be more than 2taps to be a submission but to me that armbar was in tight so im not arguing

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

i myself didnt hear cb's postfight but i think he said he tapped once but changed his mind, im pretty sure the rules say that it has to be more than 2 taps to be a submission but to me that armbar was in tight so im not arguing
1. Submission by:
i. Tap Out:When a contestant physically uses his hand to indicate that he or she no longer wishes to continue; or
ii. Verbal tap out:When a contestant verbally announces to the referee that he or she does not wish to continue;

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/sacb/docs/martial.html
I never heard those rules before. You can't really change your mind on a tap after one. It happens, sometimes you tap on instinct and then when yourealized what happened, its all over.

about fiorivanti's physique, i think he used to be a heavyweight and dropped a lot kinda like joe riggs. im not positive tho.

PS
what's Diego's affiliation with the Sacramento Kings? or does the Maloof brothers sponsor him?
He's sponsored by the Maloof's.

Thoughts on the fights:

- HAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That is all.

laugh.gif

Naw but for real good to see Kendall back on track. That was straight domination. Sad to see Tanner go out like that, but to be honest I wasn't expectingmuch from his comeback from the start. You don't just destroy your body for 2 years and expect to beat even middle tier guys from the jump, much less Okami(or even Spyder).

About Luigi, he used to be fat (he began fighting at 185). Regardless, who gives a @%@@? His conditioning wasn't a factor so what's the point onpointing out a man's body?
eyes.gif
Fedor is soft, but does it matter?

Amir is gonna be good. Saw dude working out at Xtreme Couture a week ago while I was in Vegas and he looked good. Even got a few pointers on my Muay Thai fromhim which was dope.

Riddle's gonna be better then CB when it's all said and done. You would think CB would've worked on his BJJ over the time period between the endof the show and now.

About Luigi, he used to be fat (he began fighting at 185). Regardless, who gives a @%@@? His conditioning wasn't a factor so what's the point on pointing out a man's body?
eyes.gif
Fedor is soft, but does it matter?
just because pointing out a dude's physique make you uncomfortable doesnt mean everyone is as insecure as you.

i inquired because i wondered if he was always in that kind of shape.

once again you've previously promised to ignore my posts and (unsurprisingly) havent followed through.

i certainly wish you would though.

be a man of your word.

Back
Top Bottom