Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^
laugh.gif

Negative on that..

ufc

jackson vs. griffin (TKO, 4th)
koschek vs. lytle (triangle, 3rd)
stevenson vs. tibau (guillotine, 2nd)
griffin vs aurelio (decison)
cote vs almeida (KO, 1st)

Affliction.

fedor vs sylvia (Armbar, 1st)
barnett vs rizzo (KO, 2nd)
arlovski vs. rothwell (KO, 1st)
lindland vs negao (guillotine, 2nd)
belort vs. martin (tko, 3rd)
noguiera vs. dewees ( tko, 3rd)
emelianenko vs buentelo (KO, 2nd)

It's been awhile, havent post anything in the MMA post in awhile.....We'll anyways on for some.....

NEWS: Like I said awhile back BJ is going to try to get the winner of Fitch/Pierre, the fight will happen in a New years eve card, if not in January of'09. After the fight of the winner of Fitch/GSP, if Braddah BJ see's that theres a reason to go down 155 he will and clear more of the division, alsohe feels like he needs to clear up many more if he wants to moves up to 185 in the future; mainly, Penn will be going back and forth at the 170 and 155division for now. Chuck Liddell is finally engaged. Jesse Taylor VS. C.B. added on to the UFC UFN 14. Franklin moving back up to 205 against Matt "TheHammer" Hamill at UFC 88, also added to the card hopefully Henderson Vs. Palhares. Sokoudjou is still trying to get a fight with Shogan Rua.....Looks likeWanderlei next opponent might be Thiago silva......Brandon Vera was going to fight Machida in the UFN 14 card but couldn't take the offer because therewasn't enough time to train for a very skilled and tactical opponent named The Dragon Machida, i could respect what Vera was leading to, why be in a fightun-prepared? Wanderlei and Hendo were opponents for Vera at 205, but Wanderlei denied it and i don't know about Hendo. Anyways....Wanderlei and Franklinbattle did happen, but in a weird way, Both fighters settles it out at the 2008 RPS national Championships! Wanderlei won the first battle, Franklin won thesecond round. In october's UFC 89 Headliner: Bisping vs. Leben. BJ, Faber, Condit & Bisping already back earlier this week from visiting the troops.Siked and can't wait for the season 8 TUF, LIL Nog will be shown in the show also helping out Big NOG....hopefully the whole team blackout will be trainingguest in a episode. Dana also stating that he's spotted the new anderson silva but at 155 in season 8 of TUF. Just a heads up, anybody from Hawaii oranywhere have kids that want to train MMA, at July 14-25th BJ penn is holding a training camp for kids in Hilo location at Penn's training and Fitness at639 Kinoole St. Me and the rest of team penn will be there, all kids welcome.

Wanderlei vs Franklin round 1

Wanderlei vs Franklin round 2

ENJOY!

^ Thanks for the info.

Franklin movin up to 205, funny seeing how Anderson Silva is also moving up.. Maybe Franklin wants a rematch at 205?
laugh.gif

MAIN CARD
  • Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
  • Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
  • Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
  • Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
  • Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
  • Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
  • Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill

Originally Posted by wildout4

MAIN CARD
  • Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
  • Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
  • Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
  • Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
  • Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
  • Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
  • Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill

Also I heard Silva is gonna be a coach with Nog as well? How is that gonna work? Between Big Nog, Lil' Nog, and Andy all have very poor english.

^^^

Big Nog's english is getting much better and I haven't heard Lil Nog talk in ages, so who knows.

War Lytle!

not really excited for this card other than the Rampage fight, and seeing Cote...

Rampage in 3 TKO

Cote in 2 KO

i don't give a +#%+ about the rest to be honest, but what the hell is good with Jorge Gurgel, he been getting worked over in every fight he's had inthe UFC I believe..

[h3]MMA Quote of the Day- Quinton JacksonComments on Forrest Griffin's Punching Power[/h3]
In a new interview at UFC.com Rampage gives his thoughts on Forrest Griffin'spunching power(or lack there of).

"I think the time off was well-needed," he said. "I tore some ligaments in my hand (in the Henderson fight), I had three hard training camps in a row, plus the fight with Dan Henderson was really tough. I think my body needed that break and it showed in my training camp now. I came in feeling really good, and my body was well-rested - I just wish I hadn't got so heavy. I don't think about ring-rust, but if there is such a thing, Forrest will be the best guy to come back against because he's got good skills, but he's not a guy that's gonna knock you out when you lag. I don't think Forrest could knock out anybody. The last time I had a long layoff, I came back against Matt Lindland and he's the worst guy to come back against after a nine month layoff and I did pretty well against him."

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

not really excited for this card other than the Rampage fight, and seeing Cote...

Rampage in 3 TKO

Cote in 2 KO

i don't give a +#%+ about the rest to be honest, but what the hell is good with Jorge Gurgel, he been getting worked over in every fight he's had in the UFC I believe..

hahahaha seriously. Gurgel probably gettin by cause hes Franklin's boy? Doesnt make sense to me as I have zero interest in watching him fight.

Looks like the affliction free packs included the same posters they were handing out at the press conference (and looks like they didnt take the effort toput it in a tube). Now I dont feel as bad about folding it up and sending it in an envelope to whoever it was that PM'd me from NT.

Its hard to count Forrest out in any fight but I just dont see how he's going to be able to take Quentin out. I think the strap stays where it is.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

It's been awhile, havent post anything in the MMA post in awhile.....We'll anyways on for some.....

NEWS: Like I said awhile back BJ is going to try to get the winner of Fitch/Pierre, the fight will happen in a New years eve card, if not in January of '09. After the fight of the winner of Fitch/GSP, if Braddah BJ see's that theres a reason to go down 155 he will and clear more of the division, also he feels like he needs to clear up many more if he wants to moves up to 185 in the future; mainly, Penn will be going back and forth at the 170 and 155 division for now. Chuck Liddell is finally engaged. Jesse Taylor VS. C.B. added on to the UFC UFN 14. Franklin moving back up to 205 against Matt "The Hammer" Hamill at UFC 88, also added to the card hopefully Henderson Vs. Palhares. Sokoudjou is still trying to get a fight with Shogan Rua.....Looks like Wanderlei next opponent might be Thiago silva......Brandon Vera was going to fight Machida in the UFN 14 card but couldn't take the offer because there wasn't enough time to train for a very skilled and tactical opponent named The Dragon Machida, i could respect what Vera was leading to, why be in a fight un-prepared? Wanderlei and Hendo were opponents for Vera at 205, but Wanderlei denied it and i don't know about Hendo. Anyways....Wanderlei and Franklin battle did happen, but in a weird way, Both fighters settles it out at the 2008 RPS national Championships! Wanderlei won the first battle, Franklin won the second round. In october's UFC 89 Headliner: Bisping vs. Leben. BJ, Faber, Condit & Bisping already back earlier this week from visiting the troops. Siked and can't wait for the season 8 TUF, LIL Nog will be shown in the show also helping out Big NOG....hopefully the whole team blackout will be training guest in a episode. Dana also stating that he's spotted the new anderson silva but at 155 in season 8 of TUF. Just a heads up, anybody from Hawaii or anywhere have kids that want to train MMA, at July 14-25th BJ penn is holding a training camp for kids in Hilo location at Penn's training and Fitness at 639 Kinoole St. Me and the rest of team penn will be there, all kids welcome.

Wanderlei vs Franklin round 1

Wanderlei vs Franklin round 2

ENJOY!

Penn is crazy. I can see him beating the winner of Florian/Huerta but GSP still has his number. And moving up to middleweight? Wow...

MAIN CARD

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (for UFC light heavyweightbelt)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill

Thats the way I got it going down, I need jackson to win I need my money
laugh.gif

Word of advice with Sitydotong, don't be fooled by the look of it. It used to be DellaGrotte's apartment, but he's a top notch Thai trainer.Ken-Flo, Marcus Davis, and Jorge Rivera train there, it's a good place. A bunch of fighters go in and out as well in the gym.

Rampage will take this one via TKO in the second or third round. Forrest can take a beating that's why I think it's gonna go past the 1st round. ButRampage has better wrestling and striking skills. Can't wait for Lyoto to take on the champion.

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez rumored at UFC 89.

source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6628&zoneid=2

Interesting, I was hoping that Thiago would get the title shot against GSP or Fitch right away, but this will be an awsome fight.

I don't know if Diego will be able to take Thiago down, altough Diego's standup looked great against Luigi, I think Thiago will win the standup, dueto his more versatile muay-thai striking.

I don't care if Spider, Nog, and his brother were mute. They could still make me into a fighter.

I can't wait to see them on an episode. Also Spider I believe is learning English. I have Brazilian friends who have picked it up decent. Their language isway tougher than ours.

I think Rampage is gonna take this one, people tend to underestimate his takedown defence and cardio. Kevin Randleman was shooting for his legs like nobodiesbusiness and couldn't do jack.

LAS VEGAS - The fighters for Saturday's UFC 86 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center weighed in on Friday before several thousand fans, despite the American Independence Day holiday.

The main event features Quinton Jackson defending his UFC light heavyweight championship against inaugural Ultimate Fighter winner Forrest Griffin. Both fighters were dead on at the 205-pound limit.

Although there were no real fireworks during weigh-ins, Jackson locked Griffin's eyes in an intense staredown, while Griffin just stood there with his ear-to-ear Forrest grin.

Following the weigh-in, queried about the fight by Joe Rogan, Griffin would only remark, "I said everything I have to say… that's it."

The champion was a little more talkative, telling Rogan, "I'm just ready to go get it on and defend this belt."

Jackson also had an added message to a throng of booing fans. "All you haters better get used to it, I'm going to be here for a long time."

HOW THE *+#% CAN ANYONE HATE RAMPAGE???????

seriously..this just baffles me beyond belief

The people who hate Rampage are casual UFC fans who were just pissed off that he destroyed their hero Chuck Lidell.

Bumping this thread because UFC 86 starts in a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom