Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

About Luigi, he used to be fat (he began fighting at 185). Regardless, who gives a @%@@? His conditioning wasn't a factor so what's the point on pointing out a man's body?
eyes.gif
Fedor is soft, but does it matter?
just because pointing out a dude's physique make you uncomfortable doesnt mean everyone is as insecure as you.

i inquired because i wondered if he was always in that kind of shape.

once again you've previously promised to ignore my posts and (unsurprisingly) havent followed through.

i certainly wish you would though.

be a man of your word.

I actually have you on ignore and I was speaking about other people's post, but since this is aimed directly at me I'll say something. I never saidI was uncomfortable with talking about another man's body, so stop putting words in my mouth yet again. If it doesn't effect his performance who givesa flying $*$*?

And why do you wish I do? Because I keep pointing out the constant stupid crap you post in this topic? Be real. You aren't that important to me.I've probably replied to you all of 3 times in this topic.

that was nice demon,

wanted evan tanner to win but that didnt happen. regardless the guy has heart
Glad amir won and cb was lying to himself because that was clearly a tap.

firsy time ive seen fioravanti fight.

is his physique always like that?

i figured he wasnt going to able to keep pace in that fight by the looks of it, but he did alright the first 2 rounds.

spent half the fight pulling up his shorts
eyes.gif
tho, c'mon you're in a fight !

tanner's been a walking punching bagfor his last couple fights.

and for crap's sake stop referencing 'pro' wrestling !!!!!!!!!

who cares who the fighters are fans of? why not name their favourite cartoons too?

i was embarrassed for the sport back when buffer announced 'former wwe champion' as one of lesnars accomplishments in ring.

did he even realize he just stated a fake title that is handed out to people depending upon how an absurd storyline is going?

get a damn clue.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think how petty that complaint seems.
While MMA and pro wrestling are two completely different entities, theytarget the same EXACT demographic.

Cutaways to Steve Austin and the Undertaker created the largest non-fighter pops I've ever heard at a UFC event.
To me it's pretty clear to me why there are so many pro wrestling cross-references on UFC television. And even though it may not be a legitimate sport,being the WWE champion means that at one time you were the largest draw in the industry, regardless of it's scripted nature. People paid millions ofdollars to see him fake fight.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

firsy time ive seen fioravanti fight.

is his physique always like that?

i figured he wasnt going to able to keep pace in that fight by the looks of it, but he did alright the first 2 rounds.

spent half the fight pulling up his shorts
eyes.gif
tho, c'mon you're in a fight !

tanner's been a walking punching bagfor his last couple fights.

and for crap's sake stop referencing 'pro' wrestling !!!!!!!!!

who cares who the fighters are fans of? why not name their favourite cartoons too?

i was embarrassed for the sport back when buffer announced 'former wwe champion' as one of lesnars accomplishments in ring.

did he even realize he just stated a fake title that is handed out to people depending upon how an absurd storyline is going?

get a damn clue.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think how petty that complaint seems.
While MMA and pro wrestling are two completely different entities, they target the same EXACT demographic.

Cutaways to Steve Austin and the Undertaker created the largest non-fighter pops I've ever heard at a UFC event.
To me it's pretty clear to me why there are so many pro wrestling cross-references on UFC television. And even though it may not be a legitimate sport, being the WWE champion means that at one time you were the largest draw in the industry, regardless of it's scripted nature. People paid millions of dollars to see him fake fight.

Not to mention the days of early Pancrase, Shooto, etc. MMA History is littered with Pro Wrestling. It's not a bad thing though.

Originally Posted by longhornlump

Jacked from a sherdog thread but this is a must see for any mma fan!

2ldd0qu.jpg

The whole fight is on UFC.com for free. McLovin' is SICK SICK SICK on the ground. Gotta watch this fight he puts on a damn clinic.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I only saw the ending to the Sanchez fight. Nice kick w/ the follow-up knee. How did he do the previous 2 rounds? Is Diego back?

Honestly the Diego I saw last nite wasn't as impressive as he usto be. He was trying to box/stand up with fioravanti when I thought he would really beable to dominate with his game (ground/pound)

last night was the first time I ever heard that McLoving nickname
laugh.gif

Last night's fight were solid,

McFedries win was
pimp.gif
, CB was very disappointing. Kendall Grove jumpingknee on the fence was
eek.gif
I want that as my avy if anyone wants to hook meup
pimp.gif

and DemonBasketball, Congrats man that video is
pimp.gif

I actually have you on ignore and I was speaking about other people's post, but since this is aimed directly at me I'll say something. I never said I was uncomfortable with talking about another man's body, so stop putting words in my mouth yet again. If it doesn't effect his performance who gives a flying $*$*?

And why do you wish I do? Because I keep pointing out the constant stupid crap you post in this topic? Be real. You aren't that important to me. I've probably replied to you all of 3 times in this topic.

be real?

are you joking?

im the one who needs to be real? and you're sitting there and stating that you've replied to me 'all of 3 times'.

i cant seem to post my own thoughts on mma in here without you needing to chime in about the 'stupid' things i post.

the proof is there, believe me i checked, as i dont like to emptily make claims, as you seem to.

3 times? BS.

and 'stupid' according to who? always just you, as you seem to really have a need to impose your opinion and imply that the other side couldnt possiblybe correct.

how about an excerpt from the beginning one of the lengthier debates?

following the events of UFC knockout.

Clutchshooter:
forrest should get the next title shot.

he's the only fighter in the division riding victorieS who also has a recent huge win under his belt.

there should always be a title contender and the lhw division shouldnt be left in limbo waiting for a silva/jardine fight. the winner of that one could get the winner of rampage/griffin. (although i dont think silva should get a title fight off of one victory.)

why the hell is fighting silva being looked at like a prize? it ridiculous to absolutely dismiss a silva/lidell fight because lidell just lost 2. lidell cant fight a guy coming off two losses because he himself is coming off two losses? silva got KTFO in his last two. the fact is that people want to see it, and money is usually the bottom line.

mayhem:
It`s not gonna happen right now. Dana`s also not dumb. There wont be as much hype coming into this fight now as years before at all and if Chuck wins the whole LHW division will be in bad shape

i bet you sure thought you were correct during that one didnt you?

but eventhough you werent i'll bet you still just chalked my opinion up to 'stupidity' from clutch.

what about the time you bashed karo's physique? much like the opposite side of the argument you are on now? Hypocrite.

for someone who states that im not that important to them you sure seem to act otherwise.

why else would you support opposite sides of the same argument? seemingly just to argue with me or assert that i dont know anything.

if you're wondering why i went through so much trouble to dig that up it's because im over this BS so im squashing it.

you obviously dont care for my opinion and i certainly dont care for yours so why dont you just keep me on ignore?

im sure it will 'conveniently' be that way now, seeing as some proof is above.

we both know how this goes even if you do respond, "proof of what? none of what you say makes sense blah blah, excuses, bs"

this is the last time im addressing you in this thread at all, even if directly spoken to. why? because who wants to spend all their time arguing with somerandom %*#$*%@ when they were just casting their opinion upon the water anyway?

this is done. permanently.

I actually have you on ignore and I was speaking about other people's post, but since this is aimed directly at me I'll say something. I never said I was uncomfortable with talking about another man's body, so stop putting words in my mouth yet again. If it doesn't effect his performance who gives a flying $*$*?

And why do you wish I do? Because I keep pointing out the constant stupid crap you post in this topic? Be real. You aren't that important to me. I've probably replied to you all of 3 times in this topic.

be real?

are you joking?

im the one who needs to be real? and you're sitting there and stating that you've replied to me 'all of 3 times'.

i cant seem to post my own thoughts on mma in here without you needing to chime in about the 'stupid' things i post.

the proof is there, believe me i checked, as i dont like to emptily make claims, as you seem to.

3 times? BS.

and 'stupid' according to who? always just you, as you seem to really have a need to impose your opinion and imply that the other side couldnt possibly be correct.

how about an excerpt from the beginning one of the lengthier debates?

following the events of UFC knockout.

Clutchshooter:
forrest should get the next title shot.

he's the only fighter in the division riding victorieS who also has a recent huge win under his belt.

there should always be a title contender and the lhw division shouldnt be left in limbo waiting for a silva/jardine fight. the winner of that one could get the winner of rampage/griffin. (although i dont think silva should get a title fight off of one victory.)

why the hell is fighting silva being looked at like a prize? it ridiculous to absolutely dismiss a silva/lidell fight because lidell just lost 2. lidell cant fight a guy coming off two losses because he himself is coming off two losses? silva got KTFO in his last two. the fact is that people want to see it, and money is usually the bottom line.

mayhem:
It`s not gonna happen right now. Dana`s also not dumb. There wont be as much hype coming into this fight now as years before at all and if Chuck wins the whole LHW division will be in bad shape

i bet you sure thought you were correct during that one didnt you?

but eventhough you werent i'll bet you still just chalked my opinion up to 'stupidity' from clutch.

what about the time you bashed karo's physique? much like the opposite side of the argument you are on now? Hypocrite.

for someone who states that im not that important to them you sure seem to act otherwise.

why else would you support opposite sides of the same argument? seemingly just to argue with me or assert that i dont know anything.

if you're wondering why i went through so much trouble to dig that up it's because im over this BS so im squashing it.

you obviously dont care for my opinion and i certainly dont care for yours so why dont you just keep me on ignore?

im sure it will 'conveniently' be that way now, seeing as some proof is above.

we both know how this goes even if you do respond, "proof of what? none of what you say makes sense blah blah, excuses, bs"

this is the last time im addressing you in this thread at all, even if directly spoken to. why? because who wants to spend all their time arguing with some random %*#$*%@ when they were just casting their opinion upon the water anyway?

this is done. permanently.

laugh.gif
Dude's can go back and look at that arguement, because youjust nit picked a very small part of that argument and you took it out of context. How about the Franklin agruement that so conveniently left out? It is done,trust people can look at the couple arguments that were made on here and see it. And you are on ignore your post are collapsed. I'm done, for good, becausethis is wayyy too easy. If you feel that offended that you think I'm picking on you I'll stop bullying you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

damn demon, U almost killed homie

smh.gif
why da #*@# didnt he tap

daaaaam. was he out before he could tap or what? homie looked dead
He was actually holding up pretty well while I was on my back. Once I lifted my guard and turned to the side, he was out. I could hear him stillgasping for air, or at least I thought that's what he was doing, so I didn't break the hold until the ref stopped it.

Damn demon, sick guillotine.....

Great card all in all. Some thoughts.....

I still would rather have watched something other than Riddle/Rivera. Glad to see McFed/Eastman came later. SICK slam by Marvin. McFedries defines"heavy" hands.

Those reverse elbows from side control that Fisher was throwing were siiiiiiiick.

I've always liked Diego. He gets a lot of hate. I could give a @+!+ about his personality or any of that spiritual +#%@. The kid fights his $$# off everytime. People keep talking about Diego being "back". Where'd he go? He lost to Koscheck, supposedly with a MEAN case of staph, and then lost adecision to Fitch. I don't think you fall off after two losses like those.

Glad Amir won. CB is too cocky. Less pool parties, more BJJ. Ya heard?

Evan Tanner needs to hang them up. Kendall looked good, but he needs to continue to win. Those jumping knees out of the single leg are lovely.

Couple of other quick things. Who gives a @+!+ how a fighter is built? Luigi looked to be in great shape, fought HARD for multiple rounds. Diego is not an easyfight for anyone (Karo, Nick Diaz etc.). Luigi fought well. All in all a great fight.

And I don't think Luigi ever fought as a Heavy.

question. if i joined a gym just to learn how to box, like striking 101 would it be worth it? i never got into a fight and just wanted to learned how to atleast box in case something ever popped off. the gyms available in my area would be city boxing and alliance traning center. i wouldnt mind learning thejiujitsu either.

i already have a membership to 24 hr fitness for weights and what not.

always a smart idea to learn how to defend yourself.

ive been thinking about getting back into martial arts for a while now.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Most definately. Learning any type of combat sport is especially great for self-defense.
will they think i'm some type of poser thats hopping on the mma bandwagon haha? but if you guys are members of mma gyms how much do you usually paymonthly?

^nah, im sure they'd appeciate the business first off.

but if learning to box is something you wanna do to expand yourself then thats all that matters.

I was part of an MMA gym in San Diego that cost about $100 a month for everything (Gym, BJJ, MMA, Boxing, MT). And that was real nice considering how good thetrainers were. Barrett Yoshida was the BJJ instructor and I would have paid 100 a month just for him. Now living in SF I'm joining an MMA gym for about$110 a month for everything. The facility looks real nice/clean and the trainers have good credentials. We'll see.
There are places that will run you a lot of money to train though. Like here in SF, Fairtex charges a LOT of money, I think I heard something along the linesof 200 a month, and Jake Shields isn't even there anymore. If I were you I would try and find a place between 90 and 120 per month with qualityinstructors.

question. if i joined a gym just to learn how to box, like striking 101 would it be worth it? i never got into a fight and just wanted to learned how to at least box in case something ever popped off. the gyms available in my area would be city boxing and alliance traning center. i wouldnt mind learning the jiujitsu either.

I didn't even notice this post of yours. Since you are by City Boxing, are you in San Diego?

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

question. if i joined a gym just to learn how to box, like striking 101 would it be worth it? i never got into a fight and just wanted to learned how to at least box in case something ever popped off. the gyms available in my area would be city boxing and alliance traning center. i wouldnt mind learning the jiujitsu either.

I didn't even notice this post of yours. Since you are by City Boxing, are you in San Diego?
yeah i live in the southbay area, but i work near downtown. so city boxing was one of my options.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

I was part of an MMA gym in San Diego that cost about $100 a month for everything (Gym, BJJ, MMA, Boxing, MT). And that was real nice considering how good the trainers were. Barrett Yoshida was the BJJ instructor and I would have paid 100 a month just for him. Now living in SF I'm joining an MMA gym for about $110 a month for everything. The facility looks real nice/clean and the trainers have good credentials. We'll see.
There are places that will run you a lot of money to train though. Like here in SF, Fairtex charges a LOT of money, I think I heard something along the lines of 200 a month, and Jake Shields isn't even there anymore. If I were you I would try and find a place between 90 and 120 per month with quality instructors.

You're in SF? Which gym? I'm at Fairtex. And yeah they can charge up to 200, I'm paying 199 because I pay a one month contract. There'soptions though where you can pay 150 a month for like a year. And yeah Jake isn't there anymore but Gil is still there and fighters come in and out all thetime. Are you at Fight and Fitness?

akf0dy7

Not sure what you're asking. I've boxed quite a bit in my life if you want to PM me.

Boxing gyms with training can be pricey. And the level of attention you get during that "training" can be hit/miss (they usually station you on abag, watch you for 30 seconds, then move on to another station with someone else, then come back to you).

The cardio training you will get while learning to box is great. But you can get most of that in any gym (treadmill, a spot to jump rope, a mirror to shadowboxetc.)

But all in all, I would say it's worth it. You'll get in great shape.

There are several schools now that teach "MMA". I am very skeptical of them. Meaning I'd rather learn to box at a Boxing gym, and learn BJJ at aBJJ school, with top level teachers/trainers than go to an "MMA" school and learn to box from a below average Boxer and learn jits from a Purplebelt. If that makes sense.

I think a lot of these "MMA" schools are just trying to cash in on the hype, unless you're going to Xtreme Couture, or ATT, or Jackson MMA, orAKA or something like that, where they have TOP level teachers for every discipline.

Hope that helps.

I pay $90 a month at my gym. They pay my tournament fees though, so that's a big plus. When I get my first fight, my tuition will be paid for that month,and every month I fight as well. Our classes aren't very big, and we got 4 trainers who work with us very in-depth and make sure we get the most detailedtraining as possible.

I've been to Ultimate Fitness on I street in Sacramento, CA which is owned by Urijah Faber and i've had only positive experience but the price is upthere... something like $125 a month but it's cool because you're around other MMA enthusiasts.

Back
Top Bottom