Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia

smokin.gif

Favorite fight in terms of how many times I've watched over and over:

Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher 2 but I've never been as excited than when GSP knocked out Matt Hughes.

Favorite Pride fights of all time:
Saku vs Newton
CC vs Fedor
Gomi vs Pulver

Originally Posted by NikeMax

Originally Posted by Meangene44103

Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz
That's def up there for me too
It's not a UFC fight though.. One of my personal favorites was Chuck vs Wanderlei followed by Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz, non stop bombs

I have a lot of favorites but the one that stands out in my mind was the first fight that got me hooked. Trigg/Hughes II.

gives me an idea.

if you could throw together a card with any fighters you wanted, what would it look like?

whether they're fantasy fights, rematches, or even scheduled fights that havent happened yet, regardless of titles or win streaks, just matchups that youdlike to see.

limited to 10 fights (just to make choices a little tough).

my card:

fedor vs. couture
gsp vs. penn 2 (170)
spider vs. chuck (205)
hendo vs. franklin (185)
serra vs. hughes
forrest vs. machida
florian vs. huerta
arlovski vs. crocop
mach vs gomi 2
kid vs. faber .

GSP vs Anderson Silva (185)
Fedor vs Couture
Faber vs Tyson Griffin 2 (155)
Wandy vs Rampage 3
BJ vs Gomi 2
Spencer Fisher vs Josh Thompson
Roger Huerta vs Joachim Hansen
Thiago Alves vs Robbie Lawler (170)
CC vs Arlovski
Rich Franklin vs Shogun (205)

I'm sure it could be a lot better but I just typed it out off the top of my head

Fedor Vs Arlovski October 11 in Vegas!!

Found this on Mixedmartialarts.com:

Fedor Emelianenko will defend his newly won World Association of Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight championship belt Affliction's second MMA promotion will be at the Thomas & Mack Center on the UNLV campus, in the shadow of the UFC's corporate offices, according to a venue official.

AA gets a shot before Barnett? Is this just because UFC fans know Arlovski more? Dont get me wrong I'm stoked for the matchup but....

^For sure it is. US fans know AA, they don't know Barnett. They'll probably want to showcase Barnett more before they give him the main event.

I also think it's because Barnett and Fedor are good friends. I doubt that they wouldn't fight each other when they have to (which is soon) but Idon't think they're in a rush.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^For sure it is. US fans know AA, they don't know Barnett. They'll probably want to showcase Barnett more before they give him the main event.
Yea the casual MMA fans...hehe...that love Forrest Griffin.......and don't know too many. Nevertheless can't wait for the fight which is goingot happen on my birthday.
pimp.gif

AA gets a shot before Barnett? Is this just because UFC fans know Arlovski more? Dont get me wrong I'm stoked for the matchup but....

yea AA is so much more marketable than Barnett... There is also the fact that AA is ranked higher than Barnett.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

yea AA is so much more marketable than Barnett... There is also the fact that AA is ranked higher than Barnett.

I'm guessing you are talking about mmaweekly or sherdog rankings which are usually quite good. However, raking AA ahead of Barnett is ridiculous. Barnett has only ever lost to the best of the best, and he's won more fights against better competition. AA is more marketable...for now. If the Americanfans get to know Barnett, they will like him a lot. I met him and talked to him for a while once, and he's one of the most personable guys I've evermet. Either way, I'm hoping for Sylvia v. Barnett next. That should solidify Barnett as top tier.

Yea Arlovski is more marketable but Barnett is very Underated.....I think putting Arlovski ahead of Barnett on the rankings is Ridicilous also. Barnett is waybetter figter than before and a more smarter fighter. I guess putting Arlovski against Fedor is Marketable for the casual MMA fans in the US which will be asmart move for Affliction.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Yea Arlovski is more marketable but Barnett is very Underated.....I think putting Arlovski ahead of Barnett on the rankings is Ridicilous also. Barnett is way better figter than before and a more smarter fighter. I guess putting Arlovski against Fedor is Marketable for the casual MMA fans in the US which will be a smart move for Affliction.
I fully agree but the world of mma turned upside down for me in 2007. I dont know how many fighters I hyped up to the new ufc fans at my work last yearthat ended up making me look stupid (CC, Shogun, GSP, Pulver, Hendo, Yves just to name a few) pretty much everyone except Anderson Silva and Tyson Griffin. SoI guess we shouldn't count AA out yet

Back
Top Bottom