Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Tim Sylvia making $800k is a travesty!

$800 g's for 40 seconds of work? I would fight Fedor for that-as long as my hospital bills are covered
laugh.gif

I'm cheering for Affliction to succeed because I see promise but they are gonna go out of business quick with the amount of money they paid everyone goodlord.

I really don't blame Dana not making a harder attempt at signing Sylvia and AA if that's the amount he had to go up against.

Pride went out of business because they lost their National TV contract in Japan due to them being linked to the mobb. But Affliction will be out of business soon, if they keep paying dudes like that.
That wasn't the only reason. They were losing money. That was one of the reasons but there were more reasons and a lot of it had to do withthe fact they were seeing much profit. They had to lay off an absence amount of people from their company that there just wasn't enough people to run thecompany successfully anymore.

What's wrong with Affliction's payroll is Mark Hominick getting shafted compared to everyone else. I'd watch him any day over half of the other fighters on the card
Hominick is making what he should be. He hasn't been winning much outside of TKO (the win against Young helps though).

C'mon... Lindland making Chucky money? This is insane. but kudos to Affliction... I am all for the success for different org, however something aboutEliteXC has me wanting it to end.. I much rather prefer DREAM, UFC, and Affliction going out it...

What's wrong with Affliction's payroll is Mark Hominick getting shafted compared to everyone else. I'd watch him any day over half of the otherfighters on the card

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

C'mon... Lindland making Chucky money? This is insane. but kudos to Affliction... I am all for the success for different org, however something about EliteXC has me wanting it to end.. I much rather prefer DREAM, UFC, and Affliction going out it...
I was liking Elite until the CBS card and a week later saw Yves Edwards get KTFO'd. But still, I could watch KJ fight everyday and Robbie Lawlerhas looked damn good recently.

Japanese Mafia were also involved in PrideFC .......all we know is DREAM is the new PrideFC. The pride staff along with K-1 put together DREAM. DREAM'sonly competition I see in Japan is World Victory Road. I could see EliteXC go out of business but now with the partnerships with DREAM who knows......

Whether you like it or not, Tim Sylvia was the largest draw on the card.

This ain't Japan.

Damn, and Big Daddy made 25 G's he didn't think he'd be making 48 hours previous to the match.

Someone just said "Hey Gary, want to get your *** kicked for 25 G's tomorrow?"

Sweet.

Anyways.....Spider vs. Cote is definite possibility for UFC 89 in UK on October which airs tape delay on spike TV. Randy Couture will be willing to fight inthe UFC against Fedor. Couture stated that he will also fight Big Nog before he gets his match with Fedor.

tim sylvia got half a mil more than fedor?

affliction wiiling to shell it out for their fights.

thats obviously going to be a big fighter draw.

ufc is going to have to ante up or a lot of fighters are going to jump ship.

Fedor is fine. He got a huge signing bonus from what I heard.

And the UFC is fine too. If Affliction is gonna spend that much they're gonna go out of business. They still need to get more fighters and with theircurrent trend if they continue to pay fighters like that they will go bankrupt.

got this from sherdog
-Fedor: "My next opponent is Andrei Arlovski"
-"The next Affliction event is supposed to be in November, but we'll try to make it in October so I can prepare for the NYE in Japan"

-I don't know who is going to be my opponent in the Dream NYE but I want to fight Josh Barnett in the US in March.

http://www.fightsport.fr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=784

These are the only two opponents, not including Randy, that are left that could actually give Fedor a run for his money. I hope it really happens.

Like I stated before Fedor is going to fight in December in Japan......good luck to him against Arlovski. Fedor fighting in DREAM in Japan is like Fedorfighting in PrideFC.........Bring back the old times......
pimp.gif
Mirko CroCop vs. Fedor II has to happen again!!!!!!!!!!!! in the near future.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

got this from sherdog
-Fedor: "My next opponent is Andrei Arlovski"
-"The next Affliction event is supposed to be in November, but we'll try to make it in October so I can prepare for the NYE in Japan"

-I don't know who is going to be my opponent in the Dream NYE but I want to fight Josh Barnett in the US in March.

http://www.fightsport.fr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=784

These are the only two opponents, not including Randy, that are left that could actually give Fedor a run for his money. I hope it really happens.

Don't forget Big NOG, Mirko, Hunt will still be great challenges.......Cro Cop Vs. Fedor II & Nogueira Vs. Fedor IV, and Hunt Vs. FedorII.
pimp.gif

^I'd have to agree w/ Dips3tRydah. Only Barnett, AA, and Randy would give Fedor a run for his money. And based on last nights performance, I still thinkthey would all lose.

Nog would lose again.

For sure Hunt would get submitted again. Did you see what happened to him this weekend?

And for sure as hell Cro Cop would lose again.

Sorry if you guys already talked about this but according to mmaweekly okami is out for the september card. I have no desire to ever see another Patrick Cotefight but the card so far is:

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Patrick Cote
-Chuck Liddell (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans
-Rich Franklin (#3 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Matt Hamill
-Dan Henderson (#8 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Rousimar Palhares
-Karo Parisyan (#10 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
-Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan
-James Lee vs. Tim Boetsch

Whatsup with the LW's? I know there are some good fights inked for the Sep UFN card but they never show the good LW fights and they don't release thecard on dvd

Cote's getting capital punishment soon
laugh.gif
oh boy.

and interesting the Rich is going up to LHW,but as usual I'll be rooting for Hamill. I want this dude to be a star badly, dude's got tremendous heart.

and nice to see Chonan again.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but Arlovski got a milli...cot damn
eek.gif

EDIT:

on that Chonan note...

sick.gif

I think Nog and Mirko can still put up a good fight against Fedor.....atleast Nog and Mirko went to decision with Fedor when they met the last time. Alot ofpeople seem to doubt Mirko, Mirko vs. Fedor II is going to happen in DREAM. And yea I did see Hunt, he did get submitted by Fedor, but he was giving Fedor atough time; As for his fight with Overeem, a simple mistake by Hunt was pulled by taking it to the ground, if was standing he would furshure knock out"Glass Jaw" Overeem. All the hardcore MMA fans would want to see these fights happen still. I don't know how Cote will survive Silva, first roundvia TKO win for Silva.

Originally Posted by NikeMax

Sorry if you guys already talked about this but according to mmaweekly okami is out for the september card. I have no desire to ever see another Patrick Cote fight but the card so far is:

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Patrick Cote
-Chuck Liddell (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans
-Rich Franklin (#3 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Matt Hamill
-Dan Henderson (#8 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Rousimar Palhares
-Karo Parisyan (#10 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
-Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan
-James Lee vs. Tim Boetsch

Whatsup with the LW's? I know there are some good fights inked for the Sep UFN card but they never show the good LW fights and they don't release the card on dvd
Silva vs. Cote will be moved to UFC 89 in the UK and will be tape delay on spike tv.

I just want to know........Whats your guys favorite UFC fight of all time!?!
Favorite Fight: Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz @ UFC 22: Only one can be champion/ Shamrock wins by submisions due to strikes in the back of thehead at 4:48 of the 4th round.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

I just want to know........Whats your guys favorite UFC fight of all time!?!
Favorite Fight: Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz @ UFC 22: Only one can be champion/ Shamrock wins by submisions due to strikes in the back of the head at 4:48 of the 4th round.

Damn man you took mine, but I had more then one any way
laugh.gif
.Hughes/Trigg II, even though it was short, it was one of the best 4 mins ever to me. Couture/Belfort III and Sanchez/Diaz were all
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to me.

on UFC's new era...I'd take Forrest vs Bonnar.

on UFC's old era, we can make a lot of arguments on Royce or an of Tito's fights. they got a library of good fights.

Silva vs. Cote will be moved to UFC 89 in the UK and will be tape delay on spike tv.----- unless you can get a live stream
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom