Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

dream production is on point. i was kinda expecting affliction to be like that but reminded more of IFL or something.

lets go mark hunt.

excited to see him back in an mma fight.

EDIT:
smh.gif

Hansen is a lucky dude. Going from alternative, probably not expecting to fight again tha night to winning the belt relatively easy. Aoki couldn't stopcrying. Hahaha.

Feel bad for Alvarez cause I thought he probably would have won as well. Missed out on that $100,000.

I might be alone on this but I was more entertained watching DREAM5 than both UFN 14 and Affliction. Although, I only saw the Vera and Spider fight for the UFCcard. I watched the entire Affliciton card but I don't know. Maybe like everyone is saying, the production is on point. Fights look great in HD, minus thelong breaks in between. Overall, very entertaining show.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Hansen is a lucky dude. Going from alternative, probably not expecting to fight again tha night to winning the belt relatively easy. Aoki couldn't stop crying. Hahaha.

Feel bad for Alvarez cause I thought he probably would have won as well. Missed out on that $100,000.

I might be alone on this but I was more entertained watching DREAM5 than both UFN 14 and Affliction. Although, I only saw the Vera and Spider fight for the UFC card. I watched the entire Affliciton card but I don't know. Maybe like everyone is saying, the production is on point. Fights look great in HD, minus the long breaks in between. Overall, very entertaining show.
For me i gotta say UFN14 > DREAM 5 > AFFLICTION. Man if crocop fought, it'll one hella of a morning.

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

Great weekend of fighting!
That's an understatement! Can't wait for Rage In The Cage this weekend. My head trainer and one of my boys are fighting. Joe Riggs inthe main event, late replacement for Edwin Dewees. Hopefully I don't miss much on EliteXC that night.
tired.gif

Agree, Vitor looked really good at 185, I think he could become a top contender real quick.
The headkick KO on the UFC undercard was awsome too!

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

That's an understatement! Can't wait for Rage In The Cage this weekend. My head trainer and one of my boys are fighting. Joe Riggs in the main event, late replacement for Edwin Dewees. Hopefully I don't miss much on EliteXC that night.
tired.gif

laugh.gif

This Saturday was the first time I saw Edwin Dewees fight. I said to my boy, "Damn, he looks like a fake Joe Riggs". Then we see Joe Riggs inhis corner.
My boy makes the comment, "Dewees could roll under the ring and Joe could roll in, no one would notice."

We laughed even harder when we realized that Big Nog was in Little Nog's corner and they could do the same thing right back to them.

Wrestling tactics applied to MMA FTW.

^LOL!! Damn, that's some funny stuff right there!!!

On a sidenote, my boy Eli Harris who is fighting Saturday night actually trained/sparred at another local gym (Takedown Academy) up until a few weeks ago withboth Dewees and Riggs. I'm anxious to see the Diesel back in action.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 14 $25,000 BONUSES:

Fight of the Night: Frankie Edgar and Hermes Franca

Knockout of the Night: Rory Markham

Submission of the Night: C.B. Dollaway

Lovin that my countryman Joachim Hansen won the whole thing! Gotta rep Norway
happy.gif

Hansen didn't win the whole thing in my opinion........Luckily Hansen was called back for a tournament reserve bout and won. Eddie Alvarez who beatHansen in the first round, couldn't continue with a swalloned up eye. Hansen got to fight for the finals and beat Aoki to catch the lightweight belt. Ithought Aoki was going to catch Hansen in a Go-go-Plata like the the first fight they had with Aoki pulling it off, but Hansen escaped. Alvarez wanted Joachimto win. Nevertheless, Congrats to Joachim his first title defense will be against Eddie Alvarez. Anyways My boy BJ Penn is in vegas right now with HeathHerring and helping him train a little for his fight with brock. Sean The Muscle Shark and BJ are hanging out in Vegas and Santa Barbera, they went to do ashoot for a show, but i don't know what's it about, I think it has somethign to do with UFC cuz Dana was there with Sherk and BJ on the Private jetride to Sanata Barbera for the shoot.

^^ I agree, it was unfortunate that Alvarez couldn't continue in the tournament, but hey, he is atleast getting the titleshot in which he deserves. Theirfirst meeting was an awsome fight and I'm hoping that the 2nd one will be too.

While the Affliction PPV definitely had it's moments, I'm baffled as how so many writers are touting it as a "huge success".

The first 2 hours of the PPV was lack luster and almost a combination of IFL and an old WWF In Your House. It wasn't until Josh Barnett came out that Ifelt like my money was well spent.

It was awesome because it was new and different, yet completely familiar. But the novelty can definitly wear off, and the non-fighting antics (read: Megadeth)will begin to grow old (kind of like the dancers at PFC events). I found myself more excited to see what Cain Velaquez had in store than I did seeing about2/3's of the Banned card.

I don't know. I mean, the only thing that'll get me to watch the next one is Randy vs. Fedor. Other than that, there really isn't much else theycan do.

Well, Fedor / Cro Cop would probably do it too, but that's just me and would literally "come out of no where".

The Affliction PPV also pointed out how much belts mean in the context of an organization. It was weird that there wasn't a "storyline" leadingup to a title match, which definitely brings out the pro wrestling fan in me, but there's no doubt that belts add that extra dimension to watching greatfighters fight.

Like, Fedor/ Randy alone would be awesome. Fedor/Randy for the UFC HW belt would be epic, blowing away Chuck/Randy, Tito/Chuck, etc.

Sylvia got beat by the 3 kings in my opinion of the heavyweight ladder right now.....Fedor, Big Nog & Couture. Atleast they were very top notchHeavyweights that he got defeated by. I wonder whos Fedor going to fight this December in Japan!?! I hope He goes to DREAM or WVR and compete there also cuzhis contract with M-1 lets him fight anywhere It's just the other promotion has to negotiate with M-1.

damn had a feelin Kawajiri might lose. Eddie just looked bigger and better that night.

smh @ all the cutz and injurys. i wanted to see kid

BIG PAYCHECKS VOL. DONALD TRUMP!
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

- Fedor Emelianenko ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Tim Sylvia ($800,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

- Andre Arlovski ($750,000/$250,000 win bonus) def. Ben Rothwell ($250,000)

- Josh Barnett ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Pedro Rizzo ($70,000)

- Mark Hominick ($10,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. Savant Young ($7,000)

- Renato "Babalu" Sobral ($90,000/win bonus was $30,000) def. Mike Whitehead ($50,000)

- Matt Lindland ($300,000/win bonus was $75,000) def. Fabio "Negao" Nascimiento ($20,000)

- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ($50,000/no win bonus) def. Edwin Dewees ($15,000)

- Mike Pyle ($20,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. J.J. Ambrose ($5,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

- Vitor Belfort ($140,000/win bonus was $70,000) def. Terry Martin ($30,000)

- Paul Buentello ($80,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Gary Goodridge ($25,000)

- Justin Levens ($6,000) vs. Ray Lizama ($3,000)*

*Bout did not take place. Total pay was negotiated.

AFFLICTION "BANNED" DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $3,321,000
Now thats crazy pay!

Nice to see an organization pay there fighters what they deserve..but sylvia made more than fedor? For real?

Holy crap! Can they get away with spending that much money? Tim Sylvia making $800k is a travesty! Lindland taking home $375k? This is how PRIDE went out ofbusiness lol

Back
Top Bottom