Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

What a complete douchebag O'Reilly is:

Team Nerd
Don't Be So Humble:
You Are Not That Great

Quote:
Anyone see that Espn interview with Randy and Gonzaga sitting side by side? It hurts listening to Gabriel.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
ed only talking to Couture. I don't get why they didnt just hire a translator.

O'Reily is one man that could actually habor Hate in my soul. Not just because of this interview but his views on my people and everything. I hear nothing out of this mans mouth that is respectful to our generation or to anything he doesn't like.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

It's FINALLY official!!!!
Quote:
UFC Inks Wanderlei Silva; Brazilian Legend set for December Return
By Thomas Gerbasi

Its been a deal years in the making, but finally, one of mixed martial arts unquestioned greats former PRIDE Champion Wanderlei Silva - will be returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championships Octagon this December for the first time in over seven years to take on the best 205-pound fighters in the world.

Many fighters have a dream of fighting for the UFC, and as a champion for six years in Japan, my dream has always been to have the UFC belt, said Silva. Today, Im one step closer to this goal.

As crazy as this sounds, this is the pinnacle of my seven year career in this company, said UFC President Dana White. Im so excited to have this guy under contract. He grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes like one of his pre-fight staredowns and he said Im gonna fight so good for you, youre gonna see the best fights ever from Wanderlei Silva.

The signing of Silva, which took place in the Zuffa offices in Las Vegas Friday afternoon, is the culmination of years of pursuit and hard work by White, who weathered a series of ups and downs to get the Brazilian bomber in the UFC, where potential matchups with the likes of former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell await.

The 31-year old Silva, known by fight fans as The Axe Murderer for his ultra-aggressive style and finishing ability, began his career almost 11 years ago in his native Brazil, fighting in Vale Tudo bouts that pushed him to the

limit as he honed the skills that would soon make him one of the most feared fighters on the planet.

In 1998, Silva would make his UFC debut against Vitor Belfort, and he would fight two more times in the Octagon (including a 2000 bout against Tito Ortiz).

But it was in the PRIDE organization that the legend of Silva was truly born, and after his debut in 1999, he met great success by winning the organizations middleweight championship and defeating the likes of current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson (twice), Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba (three times), Ricardo Arona, Hidehiko Yoshida, and Kazuyuki Fujita, while engaging in some of the most memorable fights in MMA history.

This guy is a real fighter, said White. He reminds me of Chuck Liddell, and hes the kind of fighter that all fight fans love to see fight. Hes a gunslinger. He will get in harms way to inflict damage and pain. This guy comes out like a speeding train and never stops. He goes for the finish, he likes to knock people out, and I just think hes going to bring so much excitement to the UFC, I feel like Im going to jump out of my skin.

Well-rested after his February PRIDE fight against Dan Henderson, Silva (31-7-1) now looks forward to the next chapter in his career in the UFC.

Im gonna work hard to give a great show for the fans and I want to thank God for this opportunity, said Silva, who counts the key elements of his style as raw aggression, emotion, and intensity.

He also wants to send a message to prospective foes.

I want to issue a warning to the other fighters out there: you need to train hard, because The Axe Murderer is here.

A date and opponent for Silvas return will be announced at a later date.
WOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

The Randy "Natural" Culture all day!
On the need to remember.- Remembrance is the only paradise out of which we cannont be driven away. Pleasure is the flower that fades, remembrance is the lasting perfume. Remembraces last longer that present realities; I have preserved blossoms for many years, but never fruits.

*Bruce Lee*

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I wonder who Silva's tune up fight's going to be. Babalu? It has to be at least someone of substance. Fight days almost a week away gentleman.

Wow - that O'Reilly interview just pissed me the hell off.... i'd really like to see him get his @#%$ whooped by one of these UFC guys right about now.

man he infuriates me... you know he doesn't even believe half the stuff he's saying in that interview (i think i remember reading he actually trains some kind of martial arts), he just says it stir people (like me) up and get the reaction...

Quote:
Wow - that O'Reilly interview just pissed me the hell off.... i'd really like to see him get his whooped by one of these UFC guys right about now.

man he infuriates me... you know he doesn't even believe half the stuff he's saying in that interview (i think i remember reading he actually trains some kind of martial arts), he just says it stir people (like me) up and get the reaction...

Hate him or love him, he knows how to stir peoples emotions and make a ton of money. This is one of the countless cases. He's no idiot, he knows people hate his views and are willing to watch his show just to see "what he'll say next." Based off that, he's been able to build a controversial show and make him filthy rich.

Quote:
Wow - that O'Reilly interview just pissed me the hell off.... i'd really like to see him get his whooped by one of these UFC guys right about now.

Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

Quote:
I wonder who Silva's tune up fight's going to be. Babalu? It has to be at least someone of substance.

I'm also curious to see who they line up. Would they consider Wandy to be similar to say... Fedor, or even CroCop, in the sense that they weren't well known to the casual fan?

Here's a little quote from the Kevin Iole article on Yahoo! Sports where Dana White says

Quote:
"I'd love that," White said. "You'd love it. We're hard cores. But the hard core fans who know who Fedor is are a minority. Believe me when I tell you that. My (UFC) fans don't know who he is. I'd have to build him up. You can't just say 'Fedor's here,' and open the doors and expect people to come in. It doesn't work that way.

"I even had to build up Cro Cop. It's taking a while for us to do that. After we introduce him to our fans, then you can do that kind of a thing."

Most of my buddies are the type that Dana would refer to as "UFC fans" that is, they watch it not for the technical finesse of the sport but to see 2 guys knock each others heads off. Using them as a gauge, they had a vague idea who CroCop is, a little bit about Wandy, but they have no idea who Fedor is. So maybe they will feed Wandy a can so he can brutally KO him just to get some buzz going?

Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

I think the UFC's idea of 'building a guy up' is a lil BS and very inconsistent. Its funny how they want to feed Wanderlei a chump and yet Dan Henderson gets an immediate shot. They feed Crocop Eddie Sanchez but they give Big Nog a so-called 'international superstar' in Heath Herring? They want a can for Fedor but they still feed Roger Huerta, a guy thats been gassed to hell by the UFC, dudes that are debuting for the first time?

The UFC has enough marketing to do away with these warm-ups. Funny how they label Crocop 'the world's most dangerous striker' when he has a 1-1 record in the UFC. If they really wanna appeal to the casual fan, then sure as @#%$ they arent gonna think Crocop is a legit heavyweight based on what they've seen so far. So why label him as such. Lil consistency would be nice. If they really want the fighters to showcase their talents, the elite will show why theyre elite, regardless of who they fight.

I'm gonna be betting on Randy and Kos to win their matches this Saturday. Hopefully make some money. I'll be in Hollywood this Saturday night watching "Wicked," but I'll be tivo'ing it and watching it when I get home.
Sacramento Kings

Quote:
I think the UFC's idea of 'building a guy up' is a lil BS and very inconsistent. Its funny how they want to feed Wanderlei a chump and yet Dan Henderson gets an immediate shot. They feed Crocop Eddie Sanchez but they give Big Nog a so-called 'international superstar' in Heath Herring? They want a can for Fedor but they still feed Roger Huerta, a guy thats been gassed to hell by the UFC, dudes that are debuting for the first time?

i can see your frustration with the inconsistencies but I don't think its been that out of control. I think the Nog v. Herring matchup was setup to appeal to MMA fans that remember their prior fights, while giving both an opportunity to show themselves in front of the UFC crowd seeing as how Herring had such a terrible first showing.
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Quote:
i can see your frustration with the inconsistencies but I don't think its been that out of control. I think the Nog v. Herring matchup was setup to appeal to MMA fans that remember their prior fights, while giving both an opportunity to show themselves in front of the UFC crowd seeing as how Herring had such a terrible first showing.

But if youre tryin to appeal to the casual fans they wouldnt know the background between the two fighters anyway. If theyre really still tryin to showcase Herring, then why give him to a guy who's clearly beaten him twice before. Its like Shamrock-Ortiz again. If you really wanna show Nog off why not give Nog a wrestler with poor sub defense who would wanna take the fight to the ground? A triangle would look very nice around Jake O'Brien's neck...but thats just me.

Meanwhile Keith Jardine gets a shot a Chuck, who is still arguably #1 or 2 at light heavy. Keith just got his @#%$ absolutely TRASHED. What warrants him a shot at chuck?! A rating system would do wonders...

Time is the only thing that can make MMA better. EVENTUALLY(I hope) all the casual fans will be just as knowledgeable about MMA as they are about football, basketball, etc. Even if they don't know everything, at the very least they learn to appreciate all aspects of the sport and not boo every 5 seconds because nobodys been knocked out yet. Japanese fans are great in that regard...they understand all the different aspects of the game. Can someone tell me what card Shogun is supposed to be fighting on? Is it even coming up in the next 6 months?

UFCJunkie.com is reporting Sylvia v. Vera for UFC 77. I hope Big Timmy gets his lights knocked out. Heres the current fight card:

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (for middleweight title)
Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz
Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami
Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer
Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes
Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson
Marvin Eastman vs. Demian Maia
Jason Black vs. Matt Grice

Sacramento Kings

WoW nice I myself is also pulling for Brandon Vera..
I don't reall know why but i hate Tim Sylvia..
ohh yah Brandon Vera is pinoy... :pimp:
pimp.gif
Code:
   niketalker since 2000 A.K.A XxcrispyxX.......TOP SECRET>>>>>>>>coming [email protected]

not really MMA related but anyone else see that show Fight Girls on Oxygen or WE or some other chick channel? I caught a shake of one episode and I swear Brandon Vera was in the crowd for the fight, and the camera kept cuttin to him for reaction shots. Is he a coach or something on this show?
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom