Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

They do need to figure out something because there are so many fighters out there. The WEC could be better but needs a better stage like Spike to generate more money and get more fighters there for competition.

If Dana owns Pride keep it there but air those joints over here so we can see the talent more often. Also have cross matches between UFC and Pride fighters.

Bundys comments where pretty much on point, I don't really agree there isn't any great all around fighters but they are rare still. Anderson Silva falls into that category in my opinion.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Quote:
If Dana owns Pride keep it there but air those joints over here so we can see the talent more often. Also have cross matches between UFC and Pride fighters.
youtube.com/watch?v=94GBHiRhHN4youtube.com/watch?v=IN4xy33PPcoyoutube.com/watch?v=YYhQCfZpYiE&mode=related&search=
ufc75.jpg

^Is that an official poster or photoshopped? I say this b/c I haven't seen one where it says UFC vs PRIDE. That'd be badass if that's the real poster.

Its the poster used on www.pridefc.com ...which has become one BIG ad for UFC / WEC. Whats really sad is they have all the GP events listed as TBA on the site. Yeah right...I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one.

And this is a great one for those who may have never seen. This is Crocop playing a prank on Mauro Ranallo, he almost craps his pants in this one..although I can't say that I know many people who wouldnt in the same situtation. Friggin Hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4oJsSnmGkw
271509914.jpg
271509912.jpg
271509911.jpg
271509909.jpg
271509907.jpg
271509905.jpg
271509901.jpg
271509897.jpg
271509895.jpg
271509892.jpg
271509890.jpg
271509888.jpg
271509886.jpg
271509883.jpg

The way PRIDE handled their business imo, is a lot more professional than UFC. UFC is trying so hard to please the 18-30 age group that they're trying less to make it look like a legit sport. PRIDE, everything from their bleached white rings to the respectful crowds really makes it look professional. Those PRIDE posters are great. They have a sense of tradition behind them which the UFC lacks and isn't seem to be building.

Here's a little video of Henderson training for his upcoming fight.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4DulMeAeM

^^ Dope vid. I'm really looking forward to this fight. Outta curiosity moonmaster who do you have picked for this one and why?

Henderson, easy. Rampage/Liddell was a straight up fluke. Rampage just swung and it caught him. There was little to no skill shown during that fight other than Rampage's instincts to throw a hook after a body punch. Henderson on the other hand. He went to war with Silva and he proved he was a champion. IMO, Rampage has no advantage in this fight...the closest thing would be his stand up and even then I think it's even. No one's touching Henderson's wrestling skills. I could be wrong though. But seeing as how Rampage's first fight with Eastman wasn't that great and the Liddell fight ended too quickly...who knows where he is. Also, Henderson's had a lot longer to rest his body up while Rampage has had 2 fights in the last 6 months.

I sort of agree with moonmaster. However, Rampage is on an upswing emotionally, and for Rampage that is a Big Deal considering before the big mental blows of losing to Silvia twice, he was gold. Then, he had a chance to regain confidence and Pride decides to throw him in there with Shogun, pretty @#%$ for Rampage. However, you must admit Rampage is getting it back; every fight since he's fought Yoon Dong Sik he's looked increasingly better. Now, I agree that Hendo's wrestling is unmatched by most, but Rampage has good wrestling, and has a weight advantage which can help make up that difference in skill. Stand up would not even be close if Hendo did not have that ridiculous Right hand, but he does, so it's pretty even. Lastly, prior to Hendo moving up to fight Wandy, he looked horrid against Misaki; so it depends which Hendo comes to fight (the same could be said about Rampage though...) Either way, they are good friends and have trained with each other a bunch and have a little inside info on each other. It will be close IMO.

But I 'don't mind too much what happens Hendo and Jackson are my #2 and #1 favorite fighters, respectively. (Pullin' for Rampage slightly.)
Proud Member of theRaider Nation

Hendo even says Page is better standing up hands down. And Henderson's wrestling isn't the best in the business. If I had to pick a fighter at a similar weight, Lindland easy. And Page beat Lindland and he's had some damn good success against wrestlers (Lindland and Randalman). And Hendo SHOULD NOT BE HOLDING TWO TITLES RIGHT NOW, point blank. People aren't giving Page the credit he deserves, he knocked Chuck out, Chuck came timid, and Page landed a CLEAN shot to the chin. Not to mention the domination against Chuck before.

Quote:
But I 'don't mind too much what happens Hendo and Jackson are my #2 and #1 favorite fighters, respectively. (Pullin' for Rampage slightly.)
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

Quote:
I basically consider those titles worth nothing now considering Pride has now been completely dismantled. Those are now two belts with nothing behind them. Might as well melt them down and make silver boarders for the UFC LHW and MW belts.
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

I must say, UFC 76 is looking to be one of the greatest cards in the history of the promotion:

Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin (Shogun debut, not that Forrest is special or anything)
Liddell vs. Jardine (Chuck's return)
Lyoto Machida vs. Kaz Nakamura (Lyoto is undefeated, including a win over BJ Penn, and Nakamura is a superstar in Japan)
Jon Fitch vs. Diego Sanchez (Both beasts)
Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Alvares (Don't know either fighter very well, but people on Sherdog are hyping this one)

There you have it, the most amazing card of the year. If Dana White gets Wanderlei Silva to fight Chuck Liddell later this year, the UFC has this MMA thing on LOCK.

Al Bundy is on crack and blind if he thinks mma isn't evolving. No gloves? noone is well rounded?
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

I was just browsing through the Xtreme Couture blog and a couple posts caught my eye. First they showed some pics of Wand helping Couture train for Gonzaga

1121007969_f533ef43cc.jpg

1121003179_bcd6cf4263.jpg

1121002711_b0f725236a.jpg

1121850502_d188bccb0a.jpg
up grappling/MMA.

1118715583_d9da790f6d_o.jpg

1119773386_f60fe01c32.jpg
Quote:
The photo on the left is a 230-lb Joey Dodd in late November of 2006. On the right is Joey today, tipping the scales at 185-lbs. He did it with incredibly hard work in the gym and a new diet. We had the chance to chat with Joey. Heres what he had to say.

I thought that would be a good post to bring up especially in the S&T forum. For all you overweight Nters out there who want to get in shape...try out MMA.

Back
Top Bottom