Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
I had to leave the house but did they announce any fights for their September card?

Don't quote me on this but I think both Urijah and Razor will have fights on that card.

I'm not down with Sherdog's rankings at all.

Heavys are fine even though I hate everyone crowning Gonzaga already.

205. I would still put Tito over Evans right now and where the hell is Machida? Lambert over Machida?

185. Franklin over Lindland? Lindland has lost to some of the best while Rich hasn't beaten anyone worth noting for a while. Duckman over Kang? Are you kidding me? I'd like to see Mayhem in there but that's just me being bias.

170. Only grip is listing Aoki at 170. He would fight at lightweight with any other org.

155. Penn should be higher. The Paper Champion Kid shouldn't be No. 1. I think Stevenson should be somewhere and Aoki should be listed here.

And where the hell is Nick Diaz? I would put him over Condit in the welter and put him over a lot of guys at light.
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

Quote:
And where the hell is Nick Diaz? I would put him over Condit in the welter and put him over a lot of guys at light.
of the article they said that anyone who's been suspended due to subsistence won't be ranked

Until all the top fighters are integrated into the UFC, all these rankings aren't accurate.

I personally think Bustamante should be at least 10 in the MW ranking. He beat Hendo the 2nd fight and was screwed in the decision.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

I honestly think integrating the fighters would be worse IMO. There be wayyy to many log jams at all the weights. You'll have guys who deserve title shots never getting them. You'll have wayyy too many guys who are big names in their leagues turn into nothing but prelim fighters. Not to mention the lack of promotion the UFC gives to a lot of foreign fighters. We would still be doing what if's in these rankings because it would take years for the top guys to fight all the top guys.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

It wouldn't take that long. WW will get sorted out by the end of the year. Diego vs Fitch and Koscheck vs Pierre will straighten everything out til Hughes vs Serra.

And I'm not expecting integration to happen overnight. It'll take another year or so. I'm sure most of the good fighters will end up in the UFC. Who wouldn't want to see Kawajiri vs Maynard?
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Quote:
It wouldn't take that long. WW will get sorted out by the end of the year. Diego vs Fitch and Koscheck vs Pierre will straighten everything out til Hughes vs Serra.

And I'm not expecting integration to happen overnight. It'll take another year or so. I'm sure most of the good fighters will end up in the UFC. Who wouldn't want to see Kawajiri vs Maynard?

I slightly agree with you the only probably is that we probably won't get to see fights with the lesser name fighters. Not to mention the less marketable opponents will probably ride the pine for a while in terms of exposure. I mean look what they did to Filho. He wasn't even offered a contract to the UFC even though he can easily be a top middleweight just walking in.

Another thing is the japanese fighters. A LOT (including Barnett who has a pretty strong japanese following) probably won't go the USA and will probably head out to Hero's or Shooto before the UFC because of the endorsements and that they're big names there already.

Quote:
I like the integration because it will really change up the UFC, Chuck will be falling along with guys like Tito, Franklin, and Hughes. Many UFC posterboys won't be in so high regard.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

I like the integration because it will really change up the UFC, Chuck will be falling along with guys like Tito, Franklin, and Hughes. Many UFC posterboys won't be in so high regard.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

I think you'll be surprised with how many Japanese fighters are coming over. Already confirmed are Mach, Nakamura, and Omigawa. K-Taro and Okami are already here.

Fight nights are still available for showcasing new talent.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Quote:
I think you'll be surprised with how many Japanese fighters are coming over. Already confirmed are Mach, Nakamura, and Omigawa. K-Taro and Okami are already here.

Fight nights are still available for showcasing new talent.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

Before Gomi became Pride's posterboy, right after he lost to Hansen in Shooto he said he wanted to fight in the UFC. Aoki has also said he wants to fight in the UFC. I know it seems like a monopoly but with Strikeforce, Bodog and the IFL around, there are still other outlets for fighters.

And maybe I'm looking too deep into what Pulver said in an interview but I think Kid may be on his way to WEC at 145. Kid has been training at AKA and with BJ recently which tells me he's working on more than just his wrestling bid for the olympics.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Quote:
Before Gomi became Pride's posterboy, right after he lost to Hansen in Shooto he said he wanted to fight in the UFC. Aoki has also said he wants to fight in the UFC. I know it seems like a monopoly but with Strikeforce, Bodog and the IFL around, there are still other outlets for fighters.
ing to catch on to the whole team concept thing...there's supposed to be around 4 more new teams next season. Free MMA is always good IMO.

Quote:
And maybe I'm looking too deep into what Pulver said in an interview but I think Kid may be on his way to WEC at 145. Kid has been training at AKA and with BJ recently which tells me he's working on more than just his wrestling bid for the olympics.
recruiting more japanese stars.

Quote:
But, I am starting to catch on to the whole team concept thing...there's supposed to be around 4 more new teams next season. Free MMA is always good IMO.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

Sorry to break topic but has anyone heard anything about a DVD release of Pride Decade? Or should I not expect any new Pride DVDs since the buyout (Although Shockwave 2003 and Bushido 9 were recently released)

Quote:
There's also going to be a Brazilian IFL. I think I remember reading Wanderlei was going to be one of the coaches.

It's called the MTL. I doubt they'll show it on American television...you'll probably have to end up downloading it somewhere if you want to watch it.

Quote:
Sorry to break topic but has anyone heard anything about a DVD release of Pride Decade? Or should I not expect any new Pride DVDs since the buyout (Although Shockwave 2003 and Bushido 9 were recently released)

I'm thinking theyre still working on it.

^^ Saw the Al Bundy interview on Sherdog. Just reaffirms how great Ed O'Neil truly is, who knew Al Bundy has been practicing BJJ for 15 years.

Dammit. With all the new fighters coming in they really need to increase the number of PPVs they have a year. I say around 20-24 with another increase in the number of Fight Nights. Too many fighters aren't fighting often enough, and there's a good enough number of really exciting fighters that cards don't necessarily HAVE to have a title fight.

UFC please sign Arona and Aoki and Hansen and Fedor and Barnett, Thank you.
Proud Member of theRaider Nation

Quote:
UFC please sign Arona and Aoki and Hansen and Fedor and Barnett, Thank you.

Got this off Sherdog from someone who said they got it out of the Aug issue of FightSport.

Quote:
- Shinya Aoki said if he's offered a contract by the UFC, he probably won't take it. He was asked by Pride management to stay with them, and he likes fighting for them better (probably because it's at home) so he will stay with Pride. (I guess they are coming back). He also said he could make 155lbs if new weight classes are made. And he said he prefers Pride rules, but he wants elbows to be added to those rules also. He also said he would fight his training partners if asked to, including Kawajiri

Also anyone read last that last Thur. Fedors camp was supposed to meet with Zuffa, then on Fri / Sat it was announced that Fedor would be entering a training camp on Aug 12th for a fight in Sept. Opponent and location were not provided. Only MMA events I can think of in Sept is UFC, anyone here heard anything else? M1 in Russia perhaps to keep him warmed up? I'm getting tickets to 76 and don't wanna get my hopes up that maybe he will be announced at next UFC.

Back
Top Bottom