Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

that outrageously overgrown tough looking beard of his didnt save his marshmallow chin like it shoud be : {

I could be wrong, but I think Elite will be alright. Tito is a name and he still has fans.

And of course Gina also helps to attract the casual fans as well.

Put it this way... I'd tune in again.

The thing is, it was a good card just like the last card with Kimbo, except for the Kimbo fight. It was solid and at least now EliteXC can stop trying to makeKimbo a big draw.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I could be wrong, but I think Elite will be alright. Tito is a name and he still has fans.

And of course Gina also helps to attract the casual fans as well.

Put it this way... I'd tune in again.
Word. They already started collaborating with affliction in the Arlovski fight if they continue to work together then I think Fedor will be themain draw. And we all know it doesn't get any bigger than Fedor.

Elite XC is done. Most mma fans are tired of watching Tito, dude is old news. And Gina is nice, but she cannot draw numbers Kimbo was pulling. Kimbo waspulling all the new MMA fans, which none of them will be watching anymore Elite XC shows after that.

I'm just waiting to see the Alvarez vs Diaz fight. If you are new to watching MMA, I suggest you catch this fight!

^ For real, after watching Alvarez in DREAM, dude is the real deal. Hes been in 2 "fight of the year" candidates. He and Diaz will slug it out.

Originally Posted by BiggerBizness

Elite XC is done. Most mma fans are tired of watching Tito, dude is old news. And Gina is nice, but she cannot draw numbers Kimbo was pulling. Kimbo was pulling all the new MMA fans, which none of them will be watching anymore Elite XC shows after that.

I'm just waiting to see the Alvarez vs Diaz fight. If you are new to watching MMA, I suggest you catch this fight!
They are far from done. They aren't losing a lot of money like Affliction and they always put out quality cards since Elite XC Destiny(really, the past couple with on CBS have been great, outside the two Kimbo fights). Tito can still draw fans regardless if he is a shell of his former self.Guess who had the most PPV buys when they were on the card? Tito. Top two PPVs were Liddell/Ortiz II and Shamrock/Ortiz I.

And yes Alvarez/Diaz is gonna be INSANE.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^ For real, after watching Alvarez in DREAM, dude is the real deal. Hes been in 2 "fight of the year" candidates. He and Diaz will slug it out.

devil.gif

So was it OK I missed last Saturday's card? By the looks of it it was ok to miss it.

I still don't believe that the punch could've seriously hurt him, but who am I to say that...

If i'm not mistaken, CBS/EliteXC had a three show deal, correct? Kimbo Slice = ratings, but who really wants to see him beat on tomato cans and over thehill legends? After awhile, it gets old. IMO, CBS will re-up with EliteXC. And they'll hype up the next card w/ Slice on it "How will Kimbo Slicerespond from such a shocking defeat." Obviously, that match will be a rematch and well...we know "lightning" won't strike twice.

EDIT: I also read that EliteXC has burned through $58 million within the last two years...
eek.gif
How the hell is this possible?

P.S. How much did Kimbo make off of his last two fights?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

devil.gif

So was it OK I missed last Saturday's card? By the looks of it it was ok to miss it.

It was a good card to watch for free. Although I'd be pretty upset if I waited 2 hours to watch a 14 second fight. If you get a chance to watch the Nov 8card, watch it. Alvarez/Diaz will be a better fight than every fight on yesterdays card.

Problem is though, not everyone has access to Showtime. Thats why this thread jumps 10 pages. Its a comination of a very popular fighter/free on CBS.

Whatever happened to Kung Lee? (I think that's his name)

Isn't he in EliteXC? Last time I seen him fight was against Frank Shamrock.

Cung Le fights for Strikeforce. They co-promote with Elite every now and then. Hes filming for the new Street ighter movie I believe.

Next up is UFC 89, which is free as well, on Spike via tape delay, Oct 18:

MAIN CARD
  • Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben
  • Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera
  • Luiz Cane vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
  • Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor
  • Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain
  • Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy
  • David Bielkheden vs. Jess Liaudin
  • Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout
  • David Baron vs. Jim Miller
  • Per Eklund vs. Sammy Schiavo

Problem is though, not everyone has access to Showtime. Thats why this thread jumps 10 pages. Its a comination of a very popular fighter/free on CBS.
yup that stinks, that's why mma hasn't had the exposure it deserves. the only channels that show fights are versus and sportsnet but justlike showtime you have to subscribe

Ahhhhhh Although I am VERY excited to see Diaz/Alvarez, this fight taking place in Nov would all but eliminate Alvarez / Hellboy for the New Years Eve Dreamcard no?

i think i read alvarez wants to focus on elitexc and staying in the US. i doubt that he'll fight in japan any time this year.

What do you guys think EliteXC should do with Kimbo's future? Rematch with Seth? Fight Shamrock or someone else?

From a business standpoint EliteXC was very smart in using Kimbo to draw viewers at the height of his internet buzz. What they didn't take intoconsideration is that it would take years to get him into any shape where he'd have any chance at being competative in the ring. Now that he's beenexposed, EliteXC is going to have to give Kimbo at least three matches against fighters that have very little or no experience just so that he can have someimpressive wins to make him seem credible.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

From a business standpoint EliteXC was very smart in using Kimbo to draw viewers at the height of his internet buzz. What they didn't take into consideration is that it would take years to get him into any shape where he'd have any chance at being competative in the ring. Now that he's been exposed, EliteXC is going to have to give Kimbo at least three matches against fighters that have very little or no experience just so that he can have some impressive wins to make him seem credible.
No.

You re-match him with Petruzelli (who, while is a "nobody", is enough of a somebody that the BIG BAD UFC brought him onto their show). If he beatsPetruzelli, he's beat a UFC veteran. So you PRAY he beats Petruzelli.

If Petruzelli wins, you have him fight someone marketable after Kimbo.

If Kimbo wins, you let him fight Brett Rogers. The Shamrock fight is out of the window. At this point, it's only a step back for Kimbo and frankly, noteven EliteXC can't spin it to where that fight would be appealing or make sense to even the most general MMA fan.

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

i have a argument with a friend and wouldnt brock lesnar destroy kimbo

Possibly, but not necessarily.

Brock Lesnar is 1-1 in the UFC, and while he looked very impressive in his victory, he just hasn't shown me enough.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

i have a argument with a friend and wouldnt brock lesnar destroy kimbo
He would murder Kimbo. Kimbo is not going to stop his takedowns, at all.

Yup I would put a G on Lesnar in that fight. The thing is Lesnar was an NCAA D1 champion in wrestling so the guy has years of fight expirience against toplevel opponents. As opposed to Kimbo fighting nobodys.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

What do you guys think EliteXC should do with Kimbo's future? Rematch with Seth? Fight Shamrock or someone else?

IMO, put him against Shamrock. Remember PRIDE when they would have those "freak" fighters like butter bean, bob sap and those other guys who weresuper tall and stuff? Those guys couldn't hang with legitimate fighters but they drew some fans so they would let them fight. Kimbo should be marketedalong those lines.

Back
Top Bottom