Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by mike rocks nikes

i have a argument with a friend and wouldnt brock lesnar destroy kimbo

Brock Lesnar by ground and pound first minute. His wrestling and strength is too much for Kimbo(and alot of HW's for that matter).

I think it would be safe to say that Brock would beat Kimbo, and it wouldn't even be close. Although MMA has seen weirder things happen; CroCop getting his head kicked off by Gonzaga or GSP getting knocked out by Serra.

I swear some of you new fans are borderline ******ed. Brock would absolutely dominate Kimbo and possibly end his life in the process.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I think it would be safe to say that Brock would beat Kimbo, and it wouldn't even be close. Although MMA has seen weirder things happen; Cro Cop getting his head kicked off by Gonzaga or GSP getting knocked out by Serra.

But still, those matchups are still much much closer in skill level than Kimbo/Lesnar would be. Kimbo would have no shot against Brock's athleticism andwrestling. Brock by TKO a minute in, if not earlier

EliteXC Denies Paying Petruzelli to Stand
Seth Petruzelli, who stopped Kimbo Slice on Saturday in Sunrise, Fla., said in an interview Monday that EliteXC officials had paid him to stand with Slice instead of taking him to the ground.

"My original plan was to throw out push kicks -- they're called 'teeps,'" Petruzelli said when asked about his strategy during the Monsters in the Morning Show on 104.1 FM in Orlando, Fla. "Throw out push kicks, have him think that I'm going to throw them to try to rush in more and then shoot in on him obviously."

Petruzelli was then asked whether he wanted to avoid Slice's standup, and he noted his training with professional boxers as evidence in his confidence.

"I knew I would do all right, actually, standing up with him, but the promoters kind of hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn't want me to take him down -- let's just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him."

Petruzelli, a 28-year-old from Fort Myers, Fla., accepted the matchup on extremely short notice. He was supposed to fight on the undercard, but Slice's scheduled opponent, Ken Shamrock, was cut over his left eye and medically disqualified from competing just hours before the event.

EliteXC officials scrambled for a replacement, and Petruzelli took the fight. Compared to Slice -- who, while popular, had only three professional bouts going into Saturday and was known strictly as a puncher -- Petruzelli was the more experienced and well-rounded competitor.

In the opening seconds, Petruzelli dropped Slice with a short right hand and then finished him off with strikes on the ground.

"Obviously we didn't pay [Petruzelli] to stand," EliteXC Head of Fight Operations Jeremy Lappen told Sherdog.com on Monday when informed of Petruzelli's comments. "Kimbo had trained for months to fight a guy who's fighting on the ground. We don't care if people stand or take people down or what. It doesn't matter to us. All we want is an exciting fight."

Petruzelli had not returned calls from Sherdog.com at the time of this report. However, in a follow-up interview with FiveOuncesOfPain.com, he suggested that his statements during the radio interview had been twisted and he denied that EliteXC had tried to influence his strategy with money.

"What was meant to be said was that I wanted to keep the fight standing for myself because I knew that was what the crowd, the promoters, and everyone wanted to see because that's more exciting than just taking someone to the ground," Petruzelli told FiveOuncesOfPain.com. "That was my thing only. I wanted to keep it exciting, so I decided to keep it standing. It had nothing to do with anybody else. That was all me."

According to the Florida State Athletic Commission, Petruzelli was paid $50,000 for his win over Slice, which included a $15,000 win bonus. During the 104.1 FM interview Monday, he said he was paid in the "six-figure range," though it is common for fighters to be paid additional compensation that is not reported through athletic commissions.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/elitexc-denies-paying-petruzelli-to-stand-14673http://www.sherdog.com/ne...petruzelli-to-stand-14673

I wouldn't be surprised if they asked him to stand. Kimbo swinging is what people want to watch.

IMO next thing for Kimbo should just be a rematch with Seth. Beat him and then go right back to a match with Ken Shamrock.... Forget all those talks aboutKimbo/Fedor fight.

Brock would make Kimbo look like a kid, Brock has a amateur background in wrestling. That by itself is enough to dominate Kimbo. Then take intoaccount Brock has trained and already had 2 very impressive fights under the UFC agaisn't REAL opponents not just stand ins.

I regularly work out with a couple of guys that were part of Petruzelli's crew the other night. One of them said the $50,000 was a bonus for knocking himout, and that had he beat him by another method, it would have only been $20,000. Seems like a bonus for staying on your feet.

[table][tr][td]
Slice, Arlovski Net $500K for 'Heat'
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
http:// [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]

from sherdog

A last-minute gamble pocketed Seth Petruzelli $50,000 for his 14-second demolition of Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson Saturday at EliteXC "Heat" at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., according to numbers released to Sherdog.com by the Florida State Boxing Commission.

The pink-haired Floridian was set to face Aaron Rosa in a light heavyweight preliminary bout that evening before EliteXC officials approached Petruzelli (10-4) with the offer to replace a medically suspended Ken Shamrock in the heavyweight main event, which aired live on CBS. Petruzelli's earnings included a $15,000 win bonus.

Slice took in $500,000 to help ease the first blemish of his short but explosive career. Slice (3-1) missed out on a $100,000 win bonus.

Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski (14-5) also netted $500,000 for his second-round shellacking of former International Fight League champion Roy Nelson (13-3), who was paid $80,000. Both fighters were compensated by Affliction Entertainment, which co-promoted the bout with EliteXC, and did not have reported win bonuses.

EliteXC welterweight kingpin Jake Shields (22-4-1) earned $50,000 ($40,000/$10,000 win bonus) for his successful first title defense against British bomber Paul Daley (18-7-2), who took in $12,000.

Female MMA's brightest star, Gina Carano (7-0), took home $25,000 ($15,000/$10,000 bonus) for her rousing three-round unanimous decision over the game Kelly Kobold (16-3-1) in their 140-pound contest. Kobold earned $6,000.

Middleweights Benji Radach and Murilo "Ninja" Rua opened the live CBS event with a bang, with Radach (19-4) finishing the former EliteXC champion in the second round via ground strikes. Radach garnered $30,000 ($15,000/$15,000 win bonus) for his efforts, while the fallen Pride attraction Rua (16-9-1) earned $35,000.

not bad for 14 seconds of work
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Female MMA's brightest star, Gina Carano (7-0), took home $25,000 ($15,000/$10,000 bonus) for her rousing three-round unanimous decision over the game Kelly Kobold (16-3-1) in their 140-pound contest. Kobold earned $6,000.

Gina's the one that should have pocketed the 500K instead of Slice.

What the?

Why are you having MMA discussions with ******s? That's worse than having an MMA discussion with General Forum cats.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Word. It sounds like she's getting jerked. She probably makes more off of Gladiators.

I was reading on Fox Sports in the rumor mill that Kimbo "took" TKO for a 500k bonus. Anybody else hear about or read about this? Im thinkin someoneis just trying to cover up the fact that Kimbo lost.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

What the?

Why are you having MMA discussions with ******s? That's worse than having an MMA discussion with General Forum cats.

is it? did you see all the extras in this thread on fight day?

'why didnt he just move his legs off of his arm'?

'why didnt he just retreat or run away'?

'it was fixed for petz'?

there's more money if kimbo loses'.

glad that's over this thread becomes a circus when kimbo fights.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

i wanna see when and who Ortiz next opponent is going to be. i know they wont let him fight kimbo
You have the greatest Avy in the history of Niketalk
devil.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif

i wanna see when and who Ortiz next opponent is going to be. i know they wont let him fight kimbo

i thought he was setup to fight sobral.

affiction and elitexc obviously dont mind cross promoting.

sobral is salty because tito called him a 'b' fighter a while back. this is that tito is on the same level.

^ let see how long that's going to take. Tito is out for six more months to undergo back surgery. thanks for the complement johnny

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Word. It sounds like she's getting jerked. She probably makes more off of Gladiators.

she is definitely getting paid more from Gladiators + benefits.

Clutchshooter wrote:

i thought he was setup to fight sobral.

affiction and elitexc obviously dont mind cross promoting.

sobral is salty because tito called him a 'b' fighter a while back. this is that tito is on the same level.

Yo Tito's done for, his about to go for back surgery(back fusion)is No joke.
I wish him the best for recovery, but anything mma is likely done for.

[h1]"Inside MMA" preview: Rutten saysPetruzelli's TKO was no lucky punch[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Oct 09, 2008 at 2:35 pm ET
That off-balance, one-punch right jab that Seth Petruzelli used to drop Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson and set up a TKO victory at "EliteXC:Heat" was no lucky punch, Bas Rutten claims.

Rutten, Kimbo's trainer, defended his opponent's punch and said it would be wrong to assume Petruzelli simply got lucky -- for a very simple reason.

Rutten stated his case while hosting a recent taping of "Inside MMA," which debuts Friday at 9:30 p.m. ET on HDNet.

As part of our partnership with the weekly high-definition MMA news show, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) now has anexclusive clip of that conversation.

Ferguson had been slated to fight UFC hall-of-famer Ken Shamrock at the event, which took place this past Saturday, Oct. 4, at the BankAtlantic Center inSunrise, Fla. However, Shamrock wasn't cleared to compete because of a cut he suffered during a training session on the day of the fight.

Petruzelli, who was slated to fight as a light heavyweight on the night's un-aired preliminary card, instead stepped in and defeated Ferguson via strikesjust 14 seconds into the fight.

"We literally found out an hour before we got into the car on the way to [the BankAtlantic Center] that Ken Shamrock was injured," Rutten said."So suddenly we get a new opponent. Kimbo trained the ground. He didn't train striking, but he's a striker ... so we're not taking anythingaway from Petruzelli."

As for the punch that dropped Ferguson, Butten said it wasn't lucky simply because he landed it right where he wanted.

"Was it a lucky punch?" Rutten asked. "I don't think it was a lucky punch.

"He was aiming for Kimbo's head. It wasn't a lucky punch. I do think it was lucky in the fact that Kimbo went down on it because there was nopower in the punch whatsoever. He was standing on one leg. How much power can he really generate?"

Back
Top Bottom