Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Read the bold if you just want the results

Preliminary Card

Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida - Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)

The opening round took place almost entirely standing up with Guida getting the better of the action. Guida dropped Aurelio with a shot late in the round but did not capitalize.

Guida kept up the quick pace in the second round and got on top of Aurelio mid-way through the round after he reversed a takedown attempt. Guida rained down some elbows before getting back up to his feet late in the frame.

Much like the opening round, both Guida and Aurelio stood the entire third round. The tired fighters both attempted takedowns and both were stuffed. Guida was more aggressive while standing and landed some heavy shots. Guida wins the fight by split decision - 30-27, 30-27, and 29-28.

Thales Leites vs. Ryan Jensen - Middleweight Bout (185 lbs)

Jensen pushed the pace early, attempting a number of high kicks - none of which landed. Jensen did land a solid right hand that put Leites on the mat, but he worked his way back to his feet. Leites shot in for a takedown, but Jensen stuffed him and ended up in Leites' guard. Jensen tried to press the action, but Leites was working on submissions and caught Jensen in an arm bar for the victory.

Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir - Heavyweight Bout (+205 lbs)

Hardonk threw a kick in the opening minute, but Mir caught it a dragged him to the ground. Hardonk goes after Mir's arm, but Mir escapes and locks in a kimura. Hardonk tries to roll out of it, but he can't shake Mir and is forced to tap. Frank Mir wins with a Kimura.

Renato Sobral vs. David Heath - Light Heavyweight Bout (205 lbs)

Sobral scored an early takedown and worked some ground and pound for a minute or two. Heath scrambled and got himself on top of Sobral and worked some ground and pound of his own, including some big elbows late in the round.

Sobral took Heath down in the opening seconds and rained down punches and elbows for quite a while and opening Heath up. Sobral locked in a guillotine choke and rolled Heath over and forced him to tap with an anaconda choke. Despite the tap, Sobral wouldn't release the hold and the referee had to pull him off.

Main Card

Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote - Middleweight Bout (185 lbs)

Limited action in the opening minute as the Cote and Grove clinch against the fence. Referee Herb Dean separates them after the inactivity. Grove threw a high kick that glanced off Cote. Grove threw some knees in the clinch, while Cote threw some short punches. Cote lifted Grove for a takedown, but Grove stuffed it. Grove landed a kick to the body and attempted a takedown, but Cote stuffed it. While in the clinch, Cote landed a right on the side of Grove's head and dropped him. Cote got mount and rained down punch after punch before Herb Dean pulled him off. A big knockout win for the Canadian Patrick Cote.

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino - Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)s to unleash some ground and pound. With Pellegrino on one knee, Stevenson fires away on his face with left hands. Pellegrino stands up and is met with a knee and Stevenson takes him down again. Pellegrino sweeps, but Stevenson sweeps back and starts to tee off some more as the round ends.

The fight goes to the cards and Stevenson wins a unanimous decision - 30-27, 30-27, 29-28.

Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Crane - Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)

Crane goes for a single-leg takedown in the opening seconds, but Huerta transitions to Crane's back. Huerta attempts a choke and a kimura, but Crane fights him off. Crane works his way to Huerta's back and works for a choke of his own. Huerta escapes and works some ground and pound as Crane transitions for submissions. Crane attempts an arm bar, but can't sink it in. Crane takes side control and Huerta gives up his back. Huerta fights off submissions and transitions into top position. Huerta rains down punches from Crane's guard and opens up a cut beside his left eye.

Huerta takes Crane down and works for some submissions, but Crane eventually sweeps and takes side control. Huerta fights his way to his feet and punishes Crane punches and a hard kick to the body. Huerta works some punches from Crane's guard, but Crane keeps attempting submissions. Huerta stands up and picks away at an exhausted Crane with punches to end the round

Crane begins the round with a huge mouse under his left eye. Crane tries to take the fight to the ground, but he is looking very tired and Huerta keeps dishing out punishment. Crane has Huerta's back, but Huerta is firing punches and elbows behind him as he watches himself on the big screen. Huerta scrambles and mounts Crane. Huerta pounds away some more and the referee stops the fight.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck - Welterweight Bout (170 lbs)s out the round throwing haymakers, while St. Pierre dishes out leg kicks. Koscheck continues to miss with big punches while St. Pierre picks away with jabs and kicks. St. Pierre keeps ducking Koscheck's heavy punches and lands punches. Koscheck shoots with two minutes left in the round, but he can't take St. Pierre down. St. Pierre sprawls and takes top position on Koscheck and dishes out some elbows. St. Pierre is absolutely dominating this fight in every regard. St. Pierre attempts an ankle lock in the closing seconds, but the bell sounds to end the fight.

St. Pierre wins a unanimous decision - 30-27, 29-28, 29-28.

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Heavyweight Championship Bout (+205 lbs)
s and Gonzaga loses a point for grabbing the fence. Couture damages Gonzaga some more with punches from the clinch. Couture breaks off the clinch and throws some heavy hands at Gonzaga. The blood continues to poor out of the cut on Gonzaga's nose and he looks drained. Couture keeps landing shots on Gonzaga's face and the challenger looks to be waiting for the bell.

Despite his corner's best efforts, the blood was already flowing out of Gonzaga's nose before the third round began. Gonzaga gains some distance and landed a big shot on Couture, who shook off the blow and worked his way into the clinch. Couture takes Gonzaga down and rains down punches from the half guard until Herb Dean pulled Couture off of the challenger. Couture wins the fight on strikes.myspace facebook

Damn sopcast was lagging so bad. I had been behind of real time because I paused it a few times, and when it paused and buffered it up, it just went to I assume real time and Couture had the belt on. So I missed basically the whole fight :smh:
smh.gif
A religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion

Maybe I just missed it, but was Brock Lesnar shown?

Brock may be a freak of nature athlete, but Couture would dominate him at this point in his career.

Quote:
Maybe I just missed it, but was Brock Lesnar shown?

Brock may be a freak of nature athlete, but Couture would dominate him at this point in his career.
:lol:
laugh.gif
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

$25000 of Babalu's purse being held because he left the anaconda choke on David Heath hella after he tapped...about 5-7 secs..trying to find a vid

lesnar deserves to get beat down and this is coming from a pro wrestling fan...lesnar has no say or any leverage...i wouldnt mind seeing fedor or hunt if they got signed destroy him...shoot its a long shot but seeing josh barnett come back and beat him would be fine

Thoughts on the show:

-Couture suprised me once again. Gonzaga's cut looked extremely nasty. Whos next for Randy? Nog? That would be a great fight. Cro Cop has to beat Congo. AA? He doesn't have a fight scheduled yet. Vera and Sylvia are fighting each other. Sign Fedor or Barnett please!!!

-Huerta looked good but as 4wrestling said, have him fight someone who can really challenge him. Whatever happens with Sherk, Stevenson has to be somewhere along the top for a title match.

:smh:
smh.gif
Quote:
why doesnt this event have its own post. editing one mma thread for every event is ******ed. how am i suppose to know where people start talking about this one?
Sacramento Kings

Thanks, cquan I cant watch video's on my old computer lol.
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Warren

Quote:
$25000 of Babalu's purse being held because he left the anaconda choke on David Heath hella after he tapped...about 5-7 secs..trying to find a vid
:lol:
laugh.gif
A religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion

Babs is just an idiot. People talk trash all the time and for him to hold the choke was :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

-Huerta looked good but as 4wrestling said, have him fight someone who can really challenge him. Whatever happens with Sherk, Stevenson has to be somewhere along the top for a title match.

Quote:
Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL (average person) to 6 ng/mL (athlete engaged in rigorous activity). Mr. Sherk's reported level certified by the Director of Science and Technology from the laboratory that conducted the tests was 12 ng/mL. Both the "A" sample and "B" sample were tested and confirmed as positive.

GO LONGHORN NATIONmambo.joystickjim.bluemonday.org

He's not gonna win the appeal IMO. Does anyone remember if Nate Mardquart tested both positive for a and b? I think it was just the a sample.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

edit: video got removed
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

Heath apparently wore a shirt with Babalu's mug shot on it some time before the fight which is why he held on extra long. I'm surprised the fight wasn't stopped a lot earlier though considering all the blood Heath was gushing prior to the choke.

GO LONGHORN NATIONmambo.joystickjim.bluemonday.org

Here's a question:

Who the heck is up next in the middleweight division?

If Franklin wins then there could ba a Silva Franklin 3 but if Silva wins then what?

I thought it was a mistake for the UFC to pit Franklin against Macdonald and Okami, two guys who were on big upswings. In fact i think they've been messing up a lot of matchups lately.

Now there are no contenders in a division that was already really shallow.

They should have brought in Hendo at 185 to bolster the division. Fihlo is under contract to the WEC, correct? so it's possible he could be brought in.

Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
Here's a question:

Who the heck is up next in the middleweight division?

If Franklin wins then there could ba a Silva Franklin 3 but if Silva wins then what?

I thought it was a mistake for the UFC to pit Franklin against Macdonald and Okami, two guys who were on big upswings. In fact i think they've been messing up a lot of matchups lately.

Now there are no contenders in a division that was already really shallow.

They should have brought in Hendo at 185 to bolster the division. Fihlo is under contract to the WEC, correct? so it's possible he could be brought in.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

^^^^

Hendo won't fight 185. Probably too much of a hassle to cut.

I have no @#%$ idea what the UFC is thinking. They should have done EVERYTHING they could to get Dennis Kang.

Korean American from Canada. That's easy marketing.

And what the @#%$ is Filho, a developing talent, doing in a developing promotion like WEC? Jens I get. He's an established name. Paulo in WEC is just a waste right now.

Linland and Trigg are the only other big names out there and it doesn't sound like either will be in the UFC anytime soon.

TEAM AM FAM
[email protected]/AIM illphillip
AF1 4 Sale: Puerto Rico 5 Sz. 9.5/Halloween 1 Sz. 9.5
MORE AF1 HEAT Sz 9.5 10 in Buy/Sell (no 25th Ann.....)

Kang is a bigger name within K-1 then the UFC IMO. Even if he beats Silva.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

^exactly what im talking about. all of these guys have to be 'brought in' to fight.

I dont know who's making/scheduling the fights, but they flat out suck sometimes.

Macdonald and Okami should have faced each other instead of Franklin, that way you arent eliminating two possible title contenders.

Dont even get me started on the cluster @#%$ that is the welterweight division. How the hell are you going to delay a title fight in the most loaded division in the ufc, just for the show? Gsp shouldnt have to fight twice to get his title shot again. Karo Parisyan is on a big upswing, Diego and Koscheck could both still be contenders....it's a ridiculous logjam. I mean it's still 4 fudging months until the next welterweight title fight for @#%$ sakes!

Not to mention the fact that the show is a welterweight tournament!!! Middleweights geniuses, you need middleweights.

Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Back
Top Bottom