Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Dana has said that GSP doesn't have to fight again until he faces the winner of the Hughes/Serra fight. And explain an upswing, I would think he would need to do more then beat Burkman and Fickett before a title shot. The Sanchez and Fitch fight should settle a lot of things.
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

^He's the only contender riding victories after GSP. Yeah, he most likely still needs a big victory under his belt, but he's world class in terms of talent and if they announced that he gets the next title shot after gsp i sure wouldnt be disappointed. He's not a big finisher but his fights are always entertaining.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

RandyBrokenArm.jpg
Quote:

Following yet another feather-in-his-cap performance Saturday at UFC 74 in Las Vegas, real life superhero Randy Couture (16- 8)
glasses.gif
This happiness is killing her.

www.myspace.com/polyamorousboy3

Well i dont think that ALL the matchups suck. Sometimes tho it just doesn't seem very thought through.

Franklin vs. Macdonald and Franklin vs. Okami were both fights that drew interest from myself but in having BOTH fights the ufc took 3 contenders and widdled them down to one. ( i wonder why franklin fought twice, cuz he wanted to or because he had to?) Now after the Franklin/Silva saga finishes out, there is no one to assume the spot of contender.

As for the welterweights, the division was in a logjam even before the ultimate fighter 4. diego was demolishing guys left and right and deserved a title shot before a tuf winner. and i wont say that serra shouldn't have won, but it was obviously a 1 in a 1000 chance. Most know that his reign atop the division wont last long barring some sort of magical wishing miracle.

My point is, that although we've seen some great fights and good matchups, i think that title implications make things more interesting and they are obviously what drives most of the fighters. If the title situation isn't handled properly i think it makes the whole division seem in a state of limbo, and honestly, to me less competitive.

Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
And your point is what?

Dana insists the best fighters in the world will be fighting in the UFC.

His Middleweight Division is worthless.

Kang is a sick fighter and one of the few people out there that I think can beat Anderson at that weight.

You don't think if he beats Silva, his popularity explodes? It really hasn't taken long for UFC fans to embrace Rampage, Shogun, Anderson himself etc.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

Its all perspective. They put the top contenders at 185 head to head and came out with 1 left, Franklin. Business wise, it was in their best interest. They put a lot of time and money into Franklin.

I don't agree with Diego getting a title shot though. His best win was against Karo. But I will agree that awarding title shots to the winner of TUF is not generally a good idea.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Quote:
My point is that it wouldn't be worth it to Kang really. His popularity is pretty high overseas, K-1 could probably pay more, the endorsements will be greater overseas. The money is overseas. I just don't see Kang coming to the UFC anytime soon. He's already had some hand problems and he's already 30. By the time he gets there it probably wouldn't be worth it too much for the UFC. I'm not saying Kang isn't a badass, he's one of my favorite fighters.
TEAM AM FAM
[email protected]/AIM illphillip
AF1 4 Sale: Puerto Rico 5 Sz. 9.5/Halloween 1 Sz. 9.5
MORE AF1 HEAT Sz 9.5 10 in Buy/Sell (no 25th Ann.....)

Quote:
I didn't even realize how stacked the light heavyweight division is.
"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

That flying heel hook was SICK. And I don't think the UFC is setting up Filho-Silva until Filho's WEC contract is up or at least after one or two title defenses.

Matt Hughes has left MFS to open his own gym. He's taking Lawler, Corey Hill, and Jacob Hey and I wouldn't be surprised if more people from MFS come.
Team NC State
Team Mayhem​

The middleweight division needs some help. I believe in Anderson Silva but after he smashes Franklin he needs some better fights. How bout Conduit from WEC?

Dana got the Light heavy looking good, the Heavy is getting better, and the lightweights aren't bad along with the WW class.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Wow. Dana just cut Babalu from the UFC roster. I guess he didn't like his keeping on the choke on. Oh well. MMA doesn't need guys that try and hurt people when it isn't needed. Sucks for him.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8797
Quote:
"He blew it," White said.

Though the arena wasn't more than half-full at the time of the preliminary fight, boos cascaded throughout the building, first for Mazzagatti's decision to allow Heath (7-2) to continue despite taking repeated shots to the head while covered in his own blood, and second for Sobral's antics immediately after the fight, when the veteran told UFC's Joe Rogan he intentionally held onto the choke because Heath, also 31, called him a "motherf---er" at Friday's weigh-in.

"I think you saw the response from the fans," White said. "'Babalu' was a fan favorite. They turned on him immediately."
This happiness is killing her.

www.myspace.com/polyamorousboy3

Back
Top Bottom