Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Dana has way too much of an ego. Never hear from Lorezo or Frank. They just chill and let this moron make a fool of himself. He talks like an 8th grader withall the f-bombs and personal attacks. Real good model for the UFC to sell.

92 should be one of the best UFCs is a long time. Some great matchups that last more than 1 or 2 rounds.

Kimbo needs to disappear and I am sure his handlers are already looking for the next novelty act.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Dana has way too much of an ego. Never hear from Lorezo or Frank. They just chill and let this moron make a fool of himself. He talks like an 8th grader with all the f-bombs and personal attacks. Real good model for the UFC to sell.
I see this opinion everywhere on the Internet and I simply don't get it.

If Dana never had the ego, he wouldn't have been ballsy enough to push as hard as he did to get the UFC brand out there as much as he got it.

The guy is first and foremost a promoter. That's what he started out as, and that's what he'll always be. He's not an executive in thetraditional sense, and Mixed Martial Arts isn't a traditional business.

It's like Vince McMahon. People are always knocking what he does an all the bad decisions he's supposedly made throughout the years. The WWF/E hasbeen successful for most of the last 30 years under his control. But Vince is still "crazy", and "doesn't know what he's doing".

Dana gets that same type of hate. I just don't get it. Mixed Martial Arts is about as popular as it's ever been. And if it weren't for Dana andhis "ego", we probably wouldn't be talking about all this right now.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Dana has way too much of an ego. Never hear from Lorezo or Frank. They just chill and let this moron make a fool of himself. He talks like an 8th grader with all the f-bombs and personal attacks. Real good model for the UFC to sell.
I see this opinion everywhere on the Internet and I simply don't get it.

If Dana never had the ego, he wouldn't have been ballsy enough to push as hard as he did to get the UFC brand out there as much as he got it.

The guy is first and foremost a promoter. That's what he started out as, and that's what he'll always be. He's not an executive in the traditional sense, and Mixed Martial Arts isn't a traditional business.

It's like Vince McMahon. People are always knocking what he does an all the bad decisions he's supposedly made throughout the years. The WWF/E has been successful for most of the last 30 years under his control. But Vince is still "crazy", and "doesn't know what he's doing".

Dana gets that same type of hate. I just don't get it. Mixed Martial Arts is about as popular as it's ever been. And if it weren't for Dana and his "ego", we probably wouldn't be talking about all this right now.

That's exactly how I see it also. I might not agree with everything he does/says, but I'll never criticize him for carrying himselfthe way he does. He's done wayyyy more good for the sport than he has bad, and for that alone I am very grateful.

Can't wait to see Torres fight tomorrow night.

And I know this is the MMA thread but as for this weekend...

War Manny!

So is this Tapia guy gonna challenge Torres tonight?

I've only seen one Torres fight and I was pretty impressed.
Although I really can't stand dudes personality.

All signs point to another Torres win.

But then again, I thought Uriah was going to run over Mike Brown.

Oh, and it looks like my boy Mark Munoz won his preliminary match.

He was pimping his shirt on FaceBook last week. He said he'd make it available "to all that wants it" after his fight. It's pretty dope.

He was pimping his shirt on FaceBook last week. He said he'd make it available "to all that wants it" after his fight. It's pretty dope.

any info on getting this shirt???

on another note, torres is a bad dude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but what the @@@* was up with that "forward rolling axe kick"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I picked the top one in the center before his first fight at Fairtex. Pretty sure they'll have all those over there too.

Another night of WEC action, another satisfied viewer
pimp.gif

Benavidez looked pretty good, but not nearly as good as he would've needed to be had he fought Kid in Japan as scheduled a few months back. His opponent,Danny Martinez, is actually one of my boys nephews, and he was telling me a few weeks back about how good of a chin he had and how he's never been KO'din a fight. After watching him catch many clean shots last night and keep coming forward, I was thouroughly impressed!
eek.gif

Can't wait to watch Efrain win next weeks TUF Finale. Nover is a tough dude, but I gotta go with the local boy on this one. Oh yeah and Bader as well!!Soooooo f'n glad to see Junie's punk !!+ get tapped.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Another night of WEC action, another satisfied viewer
pimp.gif

Benavidez looked pretty good, but not nearly as good as he would've needed to be had he fought Kid in Japan as scheduled a few months back. His opponent, Danny Martinez, is actually one of my boys nephews, and he was telling me a few weeks back about how good of a chin he had and how he's never been KO'd in a fight. After watching him catch many clean shots last night and keep coming forward, I was thouroughly impressed!
eek.gif

Can't wait to watch Efrain win next weeks TUF Finale. Nover is a tough dude, but I gotta go with the local boy on this one. Oh yeah and Bader as well!! Soooooo f'n glad to see Junie's punk !!+ get tapped.
Filipinos vs. Mexicans have reached MMA
laugh.gif

And for the TUF finale, Vinny is gonna make Bader tap and Nover is just too well rounded, Nover TKO. Here's the official card:

MAIN CARD
  • Efrain Escudero vs. Phillipe Nover ("TUF" lightweight finals)
  • Ryan Bader vs. Vinicius Magalhaes ("TUF" light heavyweights finals)
  • Wilson Gouveia vs. Jason MacDonald
  • Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson
  • Junie Browning vs. Dave Kaplan
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Shane Primm vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
  • Jules Bruchez VS. Eliot Marshall
  • Kyle Kingsbury vs. Tom Lawlor
  • Shane Nelson vs. George Roop
  • John Polakowski vs. Rolando Delgado

^^^ Sat, Dec 13th 9pm

can't wait to watch my boy nover handle efrain in the finals

i called it from the beginning of the season
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Filipinos vs. Mexicans have reached MMA
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not at all. Efrain was my top choice once it was announced he was on the show. I've watched him fight live before and was very impressed with his style.Nover is no pushover by any means, it'll be Efrain's toughest fight so far. Hopefully he can avoid the submissions though, that's where I thinkNover has the advantage. Standing, it could really go either way. Efrain's advantage is definately going to be his strength, and that can only take you sofar.

As for the LHW finale, I don't care if he has to lay on him all 3 rounds and grind out the most boring decision in TUF history, I do not wanna see Vinnywinning at all. I can't stand the dude.
mad.gif

Other than that, we got the same picks throughout the night...

MAIN CARD
PRELIMINARY CARD

Anyone else see the possibility of Spiders next opponent?

He's signed to fight in Feb the loser of either Forrest/Evans or Rampage/Silva.

Either match is straight gangsta!

Originally Posted by jbone2308

eek.gif
That would be awesome.

My picks:

MAIN CARD
PRELIMINARY CARD

That's waaaay too soon to fight either guy. The problem is all the 205ers and top 185ers are booked up. The only #10-15 LHWs would be maybe aLuis Cane or Jardine fight, but people want a top tier 205er to fight Silva, which won't happen for another 3-4 months. I don't know
laugh.gif

I am really rooting for Nover because his wins on the show were really impressive... but his bum-rushing stand up makes for highlight reels against keenstand-up fighters... so the jury is still out on me jumping on his hype train. i pretty much knew it was gonna be him and efrain in the finals..

i think efrain is pretty well-rounded... except for he drops his hands and bends forward at the waist when slipping punches... it should be a good fight... iwouldnt put $$$ on it...

as for the LHWs.. at first i thought bader all the way... but after watching the humpfest with elliot i'm fairly certain he would get subbed by vinny,whose guard game is too dynamic.. plus, there's no way in hades that this fight will stay on the feet...sooooo... vinny by whatever he wants

Oh **%%, looks like one of my crazy predictions is shaping up. It's rumored Anderson Silva vs Luis Cane at UFC 95 in Feb.
happy.gif

Well there's no doubt he needs to fight in the LHW as for an opponent, I'd love to see him against one of the upcoming losers of the nextbig 3 LHW matches(Rampage/Wanderlei, Forrest/Rashad, Machida/Thiago) Even though he stated he wouldn't fight Lyoto since they are friends.

really they should just give him the title shot.

he's so far above the rest of 185 that it would almost be better to vacate and let the division rebuild with young talent.

he's definitetly got bigger fish to fry than luis cane.

i say just let him end liddell's career now.

Back
Top Bottom