Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

cot damn Rumble johnson kicked the wig of burns
eek.gif

Did anyone catch the TUF Finale?

Vinny and Philippe
smh.gif
I was expectin Vinny to pull a fancy sub (yes, a fancy one, doesnt matter if it's by the head or arm) and Philippe to dominate...bothfell into the trap of their opponent's strengths. I didn't catch Junie's match but I heard he dominated that one.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Vinny and Philippe
smh.gif
I was expectin Vinny to pull a fancy sub (yes, a fancy one, doesnt matter if it's by the head or arm) and Philippe to dominate...both fell into the trap of their opponent's strengths. I didn't catch Junie's match but I heard he dominated that one.
Yeah. I think Phillipe needs to upgrade on his coaching staff. I think he stayed with Team Insight and it seems they didn't even cover thebasics. The one and only aspect that Efrain had a huge advantage over Phillipe was wrestling, and he didn't come close to stopping the takedowns. And Juniewas solid in his match. His footwork and striking was solid, and he ended the match with a nice armbar. His work with Shawn Tompkins definitely showed with hisimproved striking.

That Johnson kick was impressive and I'm glad he got his win. Also, Bader
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. I wanted him to win, but if he didn't knock Vinny outthen he would have had a tough time just taking Vinny down and holding him because of Vinny's jiu-jitsu. Glad Marshall won too, I think he's a solidfighter and would be a nice addition to the light heavyweight class. I also wasn't too impressed with Krzysztof.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Vinny and Philippe
smh.gif
I was expectin Vinny to pull a fancy sub (yes, a fancy one, doesnt matter if it's by the head or arm) and Philippe to dominate...both fell into the trap of their opponent's strengths. I didn't catch Junie's match but I heard he dominated that one.
i favored bader and efrain but i pictured vinny and phillipe winning, there was a lot of hype surrounding vinny during the season cause of hisslick ground game and i figured he'd win that way but bader kept it standing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, as for phillipe vs efrain, i saw the odds which were like 2:1 in favor ofphillipe and i was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
, i figured efrain would either take him down or try to avoid that immediatebarrage that phillipe always displays and efrain did both, i like both of em but i guess the reason i wanted to see efrain win was cause subconsciously i thinkthat phillipe has a better chance of staying in the ufc with a loss tonight than efrain - even if efrain was a finalist, i just figure that this victory keepsefrain in the spotlight as opposed to a loss which could leave him irrelevant while phillipe remains in the spotlight regardless, phillipes upside is 1000xhigher than efrains

Dave Kaplan - He lost last night, but damn, his entrance music was the ****. I was rollin'.

Junie - He looked solid as hell, and he looked to be in great shape. If he can keep his head on straight, he'll be someone to watch. He'll getsigned.

Vinny - Why didn't you just pull guard like everybody expected to? You can prove you can stand an bang AFTER you get the contract. He'll get signed.

Philippe - It looks like you are just like GSP....without the take down defense. He'll develope a decent sprawl, as well as adjust his stand up to preparefor better take down defense. It'll take a while, but there's no doubt he's going to get signed and get a chance to redeem himself.

Anthony Johnson's kick was pretty sick, especially since he said he only started incorproating kicks into his standup like 2 months ago. If you guysrecorded it, look back at the technique. It was a front leg head kick with pretty good technique with the smalls step forward with this back foot, making italmost impossible to read. The kickboxers in this thread have to appreciate that.

Jason McDonald...geez.

Congrats to Bader and Efrain. It looks like all the "family" type stuff for Team Nog actually did work out for them.

Philippe - It looks like you are just like GSP....without the take down defense. He'll develope a decent sprawl
Seriously, he'll have SPRAWL to advertise the next time he has a match.

and Johnson's been good...even in his debut in the UFC

Originally Posted by JKICKZZZ

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Kimbo were u @ BRAH...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
hahaha Kimbo would get straight ROLLED in the UFC. HE got KTFO by a UFC reject a few months ago.

Don't mind him, he's a troll who has no real interest in any of the threads he posts in.

As for Saturday night, I missed the event cuz I was laid up in a hospital bed with no Spike channel
mad.gif

I did catch up on the fights last night, and I have to say, I was really stoked to see both the Arizona boys come out on top!
pimp.gif
Hopefully Efrain can sharpen his stand up his next fight, cuz once he facessomeone who has some kind of takedown defense, he's gonna be in trouble. Bader's right hand was vicious. Glad to see Vinny's cocky @#% get knockedthe +%*@ out!! Now only 2 more weeks til Rampage gets his 3rd @#% beating at the hand of the Axe Muderer
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by JKICKZZZ

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Kimbo were u @ BRAH...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
hahaha Kimbo would get straight ROLLED in the UFC. HE got KTFO by a UFC reject a few months ago.

Don't mind him, he's a troll who has no real interest in any of the threads he posts in.

As for Saturday night, I missed the event cuz I was laid up in a hospital bed with no Spike channel
mad.gif

I did catch up on the fights last night, and I have to say, I was really stoked to see both the Arizona boys come out on top!
pimp.gif
Hopefully Efrain can sharpen his stand up his next fight, cuz once he faces someone who has some kind of takedown defense, he's gonna be in trouble. Bader's right hand was vicious. Glad to see Vinny's cocky @#% get knocked the +%*@ out!! Now only 2 more weeks til Rampage gets his 3rd @#% beating at the hand of the Axe Muderer
laugh.gif
hell yea i cant wait to see Wandy rip him a new one again. I'm curious to see how rampage will act when he loses this time. Hopefully if hedecides to go on another......rampage...he doesnt drive a huge truck with his face plastered all over it

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

My man..
Redemption.
pimp.gif

Dude needs to be a middleweight though. He droppin 30lbs a fight.

why go up a weight class? Thats silly.

Anthony Johnson is the next big thing at 170.

Strong striking and wrestling, if he develops good subs and sub defense (especially off his back), hes gonna be LETHAL

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

My man..
Redemption.
pimp.gif

Dude needs to be a middleweight though. He droppin 30lbs a fight.

why go up a weight class? Thats silly.

Anthony Johnson is the next big thing at 170.

Strong striking and wrestling, if he develops good subs and sub defense (especially off his back), hes gonna be LETHAL
True I gotta agree with that.

- Man can Koscheck finally get some love? He's easily top 3 in his WC.

- I was expecting Phillippe to dominate... and I agree with whoever said it looked like his coaches didn't help him gameplan, PERIOD.

- Vinny... cockiness, trying to prove his standup. Not smart.

- Junie Browning... head case, cocky, and an aggravating p.o.s. on TV... but if he fights the way he fought the other night every time out, he's going tobe fighting the Gray Maynard's, Joe Lauzon's, and eventually Kenny Florian's before the end of 2010.

Johnson looks like a LH fighting at WW. Dude is a phenom. He is gonna give lots of guys fits. I really want to see his game off his back though.

Koscheck might not be in the UFC anymore. Hope he is. Dude could be a solid draw and usually always puts on a great show. People say he can only fling thatoverhand right, but he makes it connect and its lights out.

Posted on mmajunkie.com:

LOS ANGELES - Although he was on full display at today's "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" press conference, former UFC champion Tito Ortiz has notbeen signed to the organization's roster of fighters.

In a Monday release, Affliction Entertainment announced that Ortiz would be part of the star-studded press conference for its Jan. 24 pay-per-view event. Theannouncement even prompted some reports that, during today's event, Ortiz would announce he had signed a fight contract with the company.

Instead, Ortiz was introduced as a color commentator for the "Day of Reckoning" broadcast.

"All you guys are waiting and saying, 'What is Tito Ortiz going to say next?'" Ortiz said. "This (appearance) is not for a fight forTito Ortiz. This has nothing to do with me fighting for Affliction.

"(Affliction Vice President) Tom (Atencio) is a friend of mine, and he came to me and said, 'Tito, what would you think about commentating?' Ithink I may know a little bit about MMA. I think I've been doing it for about 11 years. I'm going to be very colorful. I'm going to be colorcommentator on Jan. 24, so I'm going to show my expertise and go over all the fights."

He'll join a previously announced broadcast team of Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith, who currently work with M-1. The trio will replace the original team ofJay Glazer, Frank Trigg and John McCarthy that was used for Affliction's debut "Banned" event in July.

After the press conference, Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he will not be paid for his broadcasting work.

"Affliction: Day of Reckoning," which features a headline bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Andrei Arlovski, takes place at the Honda Center inAnaheim, Calif. The preliminary card airs on HDNet, and the main card will be available on pay per view.

Affliction plans to hold four events in 2009, and Ortiz isn't counting out the possibility he'll appear on a future card.

"As far as me fighting for Affliction, at this point I'm going to fulfill my obligations with ... (the) UFC, and that'll be until June 2009,"said Ortiz, who later confirmed the company has the right to first refusal until that date. "But until then, I'm going to work on my commentating.Color commentating is something I've always wanted to do."

While Ortiz knows time isn't on his side, the 33-year-old fighter thinks he still has a good four years left in the sport.

"Of course, I'm not getting any younger," he said. "For the next four years, I will be competing. The question still will be where it willbe."

Ortiz (15-6-1) is one of the sport's most recognizable stars and one of the very top pay-per-view draws in MMA history. However, he's winless in hispast three fights, and he hasn't fought professionally since a loss to Lyoto Machida in May.

That bout fulfilled his fight commitments to the UFC, where he's said he's unlikely to return because of a long-standing feud with former manager andcurrent UFC President Dana White.

Ortiz first mentioned the possibility of signing with Affliction back in August - and even boasted that he was about to sign a record-breaking contract withthe company - but the deal never came to fruition. Three months later, Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com he was about to sign a deal with EliteXC, but the companycollapsed and ceased promoting shows just a few weeks later.

Regardless of his future home, Ortiz will need to first wait for his back to heal. He underwent back surgery in October and said he expects to be outapproximately six months, though similar injuries in other fighters have resulted in layoffs of up to 12 to 18 months.

Its almost a week away. Good card IMO.

MAIN CARD

Champ Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans (for UFC light heavyweight title)
Champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir (for interim UFC heavyweight title)
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
Mustafa Al-Turk vs. Cheick Kongo

PRELIMINARY CARD

Dean Lister vs. Yushin Okami
Mark Burch vs. Antoni Hardonk
Reese Andy vs. Matt Hamill
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Pat Berry vs. Dan Evensen

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony9

Johnson looks like a LH fighting at WW. Dude is a phenom. He is gonna give lots of guys fits. I really want to see his game off his back though.

Koscheck might not be in the UFC anymore. Hope he is. Dude could be a solid draw and usually always puts on a great show. People say he can only fling that overhand right, but he makes it connect and its lights out.
I got to believe they're not going to let him sign somewhere else. I mean, he's just too good, and he gets progressively better eachfight. It would be a HUGE loss to him, but the UFC would suffer as well.

kinda late with the photos but yeah, went to vegas last weekend to root for my high school buddy, phillipe nover. tough loss for him but he'll definitelybe back.

n26304183_32957954_7809.jpg

n26304183_32957938_3076.jpg

n26304183_32957923_8969.jpg

n26304183_32957917_7389.jpg

n26304183_32957945_5122.jpg

here's a couple of photos from the press conf.

262r1bp.jpg

me and one of nog's trainers... this guy is hilarious

wgrl8n.jpg

my boy with junie

25ri9zk.jpg

aj with my boys... he was mad cause my flash wouldn't go off on my camera.. 3rd try is a charm lol

30i8710.jpg

bader, nover, efrain.. interview after the fight

2zejtrr.jpg

nover with family and gf

i have more pics but too lazy right now. i got on the show a couple of times.. if you dvr'd it.. check for me.. me and my boy opened up the show

Back
Top Bottom