Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i say just let him end liddell's career now.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You bastard!!!!!!!!!!!
embarassed.gif

That is one fighter I def. never wanna ses Spider matched up against. It's probably the worst mismatch Liddell would ever be in for. For the sake ofChuck's once legendary career, let him go out of the sport with a shred of dignity.
ohwell.gif

Not a lot of noise for tonights fight card. Oh well, free MMA is always a good thing to me!

UFC Fight Night 16: UFC Fights for the Troops

MAIN CARD

Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick
Razak Al-Hussan vs. Steve Cantwell
Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran
Jim Miller vs. Matt Wiman

PRELIMINARY CARD

Brodie Farber vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
Dale Hartt vs. Corey Hill
Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully

Great job by Dana and the UFC. These stories are heart breaking. Going to grab my credit card and donate some money to these people who need it in the worstway.

And the arm bar was nasty. Looked like a metal pipe getting bent.

eek.gif
Please tell me Saunders did not maul that dude like that. He must havelanded 40 knees to dudes head/arms. Lookin like some bad botox on dudes forehead. And he broke his nose. Yikes. That was brutality personified.

Edit #2: Kos turned Yoshidas lights OUT. Love Kos,and I'm probably one of a handful to say that That was brutal too. Goulet and Yoshida got lit up tonight.Too bad Dana doesn't want AKA in the UFC anymore. Ego maniac.

ref should have been in there before the 2nd punch. there was enough time.

refs need to shape the hell up with that kind of stuff .

he was obviously unconscious not just reeling.

Yeah, that 2nd punch was unnecessary. I know its not Kos's fault, its his job to finish the fight. The referee should have stepped in.

Too bad Kos will never hold the title, as long as GSP and Alves are in that division.

damn i thought zenko was gonna come harder. i guess judo ftl this time
still aint impressed with kos. he improve tho

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Yeah, that 2nd punch was unnecessary. I know its not Kos's fault, its his job to finish the fight. The referee should have stepped in.

Too bad Kos will never hold the title, as long as GSP and Alves are in that division.

i agree with this..but that 2nd punch was neccessary in some point. if you want see an unnecessary stand up. go watch the axe murder knee Rampage thought therope. Now was that unneccessary.

Actually I can see where the Goulet and Yoshida fights were not stopped earlier. Goulets was worse IMO. He took about 5 shots when he was already sleeping butthe position he was in didn't show it. Can't blame the ref. The Kos fight, dude was up against the cage and going live, I could tell he was out butalso looked somewhat dazed. No clue what position the ref had but I can see if where he would hesitate before jumping in. Lucky Kos only hit him once though. Ithink both were stopped in enough time.

Rogan was so pissed at the ref doing the Rees fight. He didn't even talk for about 3 minutes, he had to bite his tounge. Refs cannot be influenced by thefans like that moron was.

Thought last nights fights were very good. On a side note...got real impulsive and bought tickets to Affliction Fedor/Arlovski. Now gotta fly from NYC to Cali,where can I get information on the weigh ins? Would love to attend that also.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

IF YOU ALL THINK THOSE KO'S WERE BAD, GO WATCH THE COREY HILL/DALE HARTT FIGHT ON UFC.COM!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw this earlier today and was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. That and the Cantwell armbar were just
sick.gif
. I enjoyed the card more than I thought I would. Can't wait for TUF finale.

Yeah, I always thought Corey was gonna snap a limb. He is 6'4" 155lbs? That is not healthy especially when youre fighting. I really can't see howhe can have proper nurishment with those stats. Maybe he is, but that thing snapped with ease.

Hill will be out 12-18 months recovering from his broken leg.

Hussan did not break his arm, he 'only' suffered a dislocated right elbow.

Yoshida left the cage on a stretcher. He was treated for a concussion and released from the hospital that same night.

Goulet also suffered a concussion, and he may have a potential knee injury.

Tough night to be a UFC fighter
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom