Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

rashad should took some lesson from gsp since hes a black belt in karate
As well as Frank Mir, 3 out of 5 UFC champs have a Base in Karate.. GSP definitely reminds me of Frank DUX and Machida reminds me of Ryu... As forMir, he's a jock
laugh.gif

Comparing someone who studied karate, and someone who live and breath karate are 2 different things. He trains in his own kind of karate that he learned fromhis father.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by drock2010

I still wanna see Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans

You will, after Lyoto beats Rampage.

Pattern?

Thiago Silva, never knocked out before..... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rashad Evans, never knocked out before....... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quinton Jackson, has been knocked out before.........?????????????????

im sorry but rampage has been put to sleep.

Comparing someone who studied karate, and someone who live and breath karate are 2 different things. He trains in his own kind of karate that he learned from his father.
machida is disciplined in shotokan karate. im pretty sure his father didnt invent shotokan karate. his father learned from a shotokan master andjust revised it a lil bit just like helio revised bjj in their own way.

the only difference between gsp and machida's karate is that gsp is disciplined in kyokushin karate.

i took shotokan and kyokushin... kyokushin is more of a full contact and aggressive style, as shotokan is more passive.

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Pattern?

umm isnt that what he said

I knew this Karate BS was coming. A whole bunch of fat @!% mcdojo fools are going to come out of the woodwork claiming this victory.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

I knew this Karate BS was coming. A whole bunch of fat @!% mcdojo fools are going to come out of the woodwork claiming this victory.
laugh.gif

...this is when I don't wanna even peep in Sherdog's forums...oh damn trolls everywhere
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

laugh.gif
thats most likely gonna happen. but most karate fightersthat have competed in mma werent that effective. only ones that have stood out are gsp and machida, because they both are knowledgable in other styles. too badgsp doesnt like to stand up strike anymore and just goes to wrestle & gnp after being KO'ed by matt serra.

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Machida going on a KG "Anything is possible" speech. LOL

HADOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need him and Spider please! It won't happen they are friends but hey sine they both got belts do a non title bout just to see who can crack the"Matrix code" each of these dudes have to their styles.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Pattern?

umm isnt that what he said

laugh.gif
how did i not notice

Yup, I knew Machida was the real deal. I've been hyping him up forever. Hes too technical, faster than he looks, and is too smart. I though Rashad'sathleticism would give him trouble but nope. Machida will destroy Rampage, are you kidding me.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

eaqvrd.gif
laugh.gif
But yeah Rampage vs Machida would be a good fight

Rampage better train himself differently though because Machida is a different kind of fighter

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

eaqvrd.gif
laugh.gif
But yeah Rampage vs Machida would be a good fight

Rampage better train himself differently though because Machida is a different kind of fighter

im rooting for rampage but thats not gonna happen, rampage fights his fight and that means hes gonna try and make machida slug it out with him, nobodysfiguring out that karate style, rampage is gonna do what he does with everyone else which is cut off the cage and make the other fighter slug it out with him,sounds like a terrible strategy for machida but its not like rashad's worked, i figure rampage is going in there with the mindset of "either hesgetting knocked out or i am" cause hes not gonna outpoint machida

rashad was doing the right thing by moving away from that kick but yet it was still bothering him and landing which let machida set up his punches, yet rashadlanded the most punches ive seen machida take with that 2or3 punch combo
indifferent.gif

what was so "karate" about that fight? someone school me....

because I saw one fighter (Evans) who had no idea how to slip a punch, put his hands up in defense or throw a straight punch to counter anything.
smh.gif
backing upstraight back will get u killed in any type of boxing, mma or streetfight
sick.gif

the worst thing that happened to Evans was in round 1 he got hit, and countered nicely and backed Machida up so I guess he figured he could just stand andtrade. *shrugs
I guess I was very unimpressed with Evans style and gameplan

I seriously doubt Greg jackson's gameplan was for Rashad to back up straight when Machida hit him. Machida is just so different of a striker. He can hityou backing up, moving forward, all with accuracy and counter everything you have. Rashad on the other hand has to be stationary to release his power.Machida's base is Karate and he's great at everything else as well. If you've seen some of his past fights, he definitely throws karate strikes,that's why all the talk of it. His technique is so beautiful, that he makes everyone look like crap no matter how strong you might be,Soko,rashad,tito,Franklin,penn..he just dominated these guys at their own game. Even Tito couldnt wrestle Machida...Never lost a round in the UFC and he's the least hit MixMartial Artist. All that said, Rampage is going to be his biggest challenge yet.

their gameplan was to make machida strike first and for rashad to counter, just like he did with liddell. to me that was an idiotic tactic. rashad is not areally great striker much less a counter puncher. machida is not like liddell who keeps himself wide open most of the time.

rashad would have a better chance wrestling and going for the takedown whenever machida got aggressive.

there was only one time rashad was effective... and that was when they were exchanging punches and rashad landed 3 right hooks that backed up machida. this wasthe only time when they were brawling and it looked like rashad faired better in the exchanges.

i really dont think rampage would beat machida. machida is just gonna out point him wit leg kicks just like forrest did. rampage can just try to cut off thering and make the fight into a brawl.

btw... where are all the haters from b4 talking crap how machida is boring and just runs away all the time??

I think Evans plan was to run lots and counter, however Machida started winning on points, so Evans had no choice than to pursue.

i really dont think rampage would beat machida. machida is just gonna out point him wit leg kicks just like forrest did. rampage can just try to cut off the ring and make the fight into a brawl.

Yeah, I can't see Rampage winning. Rampage's boxing is awesome but it cant beat kicks. Machida is too mobile.

and ouch

2uzuf48.jpg

Back
Top Bottom