Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

sick.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
that Picture is ruthless and priceless at the same time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Battousai701

i really dont think rampage would beat machida. machida is just gonna out point him wit leg kicks just like forrest did. rampage can just try to cut off the
ring and make the fight into a brawl.

Yeah, I can't see Rampage winning. Rampage's boxing is awesome but it cant beat kicks. Machida is too mobile.

and ouch

2uzuf48.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
damn.

Ever since rashad got rocked the first round he didnt know what to do anymore, Gregs jacksons plan failed.....It was all greg jackson's plan, not Evans.They were both counter punchers, Rashad was just hoping for Lyoto to make a stupid move(which Machida didn't/never do) and then throw a overhand. Rampagewill get worked by Machida. Machida & Anderson 2 champions, both teammates with both NOG's in team blackhouse...Unstoppable. Now we finally have achampion in the LHW division who's reign is going to be for awhile... From team Penn in Hawaii...WAR MACHIDA! Congrats.

See, I was tellin people Rashad's boxing was overrated...he gets by on athleticism and the fact that he can throw a haymaker here and there, but dudeisn't really skilled on his feet. Fight went pretty much how I thought it would, Machida is a beast man, strong, good movement, can take down wrestlers,but has hands too, he's a problem for everyone at 205.

But foreal, if anyone can beat him, it's Rampage. Great wrestler, strong, one punch knockout power, best hands at 205, one of the best chins in MMA, andhe's not scared of anybody. Before Machida showed up I figured Page would be running 205 for a while (unless he got outpointed in a fluke decision), butnow who knows what'll happen. Like someone else said, Rampage is gonna brawl with dude and it's either Machida gets knocked out or he does. But I candefinitely see Rampage cutting "The Machida Era" short, and maybe I'm biased but I don't see Machida knocking him out either. Should be agreat match though.

Originally Posted by BlackCease

But foreal, if anyone can beat him, it's Rampage. Great wrestler, strong, one punch knockout power, best hands at 205, one of the best chins in MMA, and he's not scared of anybody. Before Machida showed up I figured Page would be running 205 for a while (unless he got outpointed in a fluke decision), but now who knows what'll happen. Like someone else said, Rampage is gonna brawl with dude and it's either Machida gets knocked out or he does. But I can definitely see Rampage cutting "The Machida Era" short, and maybe I'm biased but I don't see Machida knocking him out either. Should be a great match though.
thats exactly how i see rampage doing it

the only 2 people capable of beating machida at 205 are rampage and shogun, rampage is gonna have to make machida slug it out with him but thats gonna be thebiggest challenge of the fight, machida doesnt make a lot of mistakes so looking for that one mistake to counter is also going to be tough, in order to win ithink rampage is going to have to overwhelm machida and then land that finishing punch the way that machida did to rashad

as for shogun, i think hes got the talent to do it but that its just to early right now for him, i think he needs one, preferrably 2, impressive fights beforehe fights machida in order to convince me that hes ready to fight machida

as for everyone else at 205, the division itself is still in good condition despite losing wanderlei silva and possibly chuck liddel, but in terms of coming upwith fighters who will pose a threat to machida - its wearing thin, after rampage and shogun, anyone else at this point would be like feeding thales leites toanderson silva, they really just dont stand a chance yet, this is why i see shogun only getting one fight before he fights machida - because the highest levelof competition at 205 is wearing thin, whos next after shogun?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

pimp.gif
@ Frankie Edgar. Him and BJ have the best boxing in the lightweight division.

Man-totally did not see him winning that fight. Especially after he got man handled by Gray Maynord. Very surprised-good for Frankie

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Ever since rashad got rocked the first round he didnt know what to do anymore, Gregs jacksons plan failed.....It was all greg jackson's plan, not Evans. They were both counter punchers, Rashad was just hoping for Lyoto to make a stupid move(which Machida didn't/never do) and then throw a overhand. Rampage will get worked by Machida. Machida & Anderson 2 champions, both teammates with both NOG's in team blackhouse...Unstoppable. Now we finally have a champion in the LHW division who's reign is going to be for awhile... From team Penn in Hawaii...WAR MACHIDA! Congrats.
i actually think that greg jackson's plan was actually the right plan for rashad, 1 - making machida come after him, 2 - circling away fromthat outside body kick, 3 - trying to counter machida

but the problem is that i think rashad isnt the right type of fighter to beat machida, he's not going to outstrike machida and was pretty much looking forthat perfect counter which could either knock out machida or at least rock him so that rashad could unleash a combo of punches which would ultimately finishoff machida, it just never happened

as for beating machida, aside from shogun and rampage who ive already mentioned, if it wasnt for jardine's suspect chin, id say that he could have theright type of game plan, he moves awkwardly and most importantly he is capable of attacking at angles which allow him to make contact while avoiding damage -most notably in his fight against chuck liddell, but like i said, his weak chin gives him almost no chance

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by BlackCease

But foreal, if anyone can beat him, it's Rampage. Great wrestler, strong, one punch knockout power, best hands at 205, one of the best chins in MMA, and he's not scared of anybody. Before Machida showed up I figured Page would be running 205 for a while (unless he got outpointed in a fluke decision), but now who knows what'll happen. Like someone else said, Rampage is gonna brawl with dude and it's either Machida gets knocked out or he does. But I can definitely see Rampage cutting "The Machida Era" short, and maybe I'm biased but I don't see Machida knocking him out either. Should be a great match though.
thats exactly how i see rampage doing it

the only 2 people capable of beating machida at 205 are rampage and shogun, rampage is gonna have to make machida slug it out with him but thats gonna be the biggest challenge of the fight, machida doesnt make a lot of mistakes so looking for that one mistake to counter is also going to be tough, in order to win i think rampage is going to have to overwhelm machida and then land that finishing punch the way that machida did to rashad

as for shogun, i think hes got the talent to do it but that its just to early right now for him, i think he needs one, preferrably 2, impressive fights before he fights machida in order to convince me that hes ready to fight machida

as for everyone else at 205, the division itself is still in good condition despite losing wanderlei silva and possibly chuck liddel, but in terms of coming up with fighters who will pose a threat to machida - its wearing thin, after rampage and shogun, anyone else at this point would be like feeding thales leites to anderson silva, they really just dont stand a chance yet, this is why i see shogun only getting one fight before he fights machida - because the highest level of competition at 205 is wearing thin, whos next after shogun?
i agree that rampage and shogun got the best chance against.

shogun at top condition is extremely scary. explosive aggressive and resilient.

It was very hard to see Rashad get knocked out like that.....he has a good chin...but Machida Swormed all over him. Which gave Evans no chance to recover. Iseen Rampage get knocked before i can see it again with Machida. UFC had been ducking machida to get his title shot. This was a well deserved win forMachida(Underrated). I like Rampage, i know he's going to put up a fight but i got machida ruling LHW for awhile. As for shogun...Machida shogun are goodfriends they share the same teams at times. The Chute Box(Wand, Spider, shogun and many more) and BTT(brasilian Top team was Nog Bros. now on there own TeamBlackhouse: Spider,Both Nog, machida...) beefing days are over since pride went out. Shogun trained with Big Nog for his fight with Liddell. I dont see themfighting...but who knows anything can happen(Its up to Joe Silva). But Wand and the Spider beefing now....thats another story. the only person i can seematching Machida is his good friend/teammate Anderson the Spider Silva. For some crazy reason i want to see Fedor fight Machida...Flame On me if you want but ican see machida winning.....
wink.gif
Fedor 6'0 can go down to 205. Machida6'1 205..would be a nice fight.

nobodys really knocked out rampage with a strike or a combination of kicks and punches, shogun stopped rampage but it took him like 10 knees to the body to doso, wanderlei has knocked rampage out but it took him like 20 knees to the head the first time
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
and like 10-15 to the head the 2nd time

machida doesnt fight like that, if he knocks rampage out its gonna be with his hands or possibly a head kick, but most likely his hands, but like others ithink that rampage is capable of withstanding machida's punches, anderson and machida throw very accurate punches that can knock people out but dontexactly throw the most powerful punches, for some reason i think that rampage has the chin to withstand those types of punches

edit - i see shogun and machida fighting because shogun's the only other competition at 205, its not like machida-anderson where anderson can avoid titlefights at 205 because he's the 185 champ and can say that he only wants to defend the 185 title, and he can just avoid 205 altogether if he really wantedto, the same cant be said for shogun

amazing how sugar got stopped while executing his own game plan (counter fighting) not to say machida is not a counter fighter, but it seems like rashard isalways waiting for the opponent to throw first. either way, layoto is a real complete MMA fighter, that being said, let's see how long he holds the title.

i know this is getting ahead of myself but imagine machida VS spider ?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

anderson silva has said numerous times that he doesnt wanna face machida because theyre friends. however, machida dont care who he faces because its justbusiness and hes in the sports to fight

i thought about machida vs. fedor... but fedor would never cut weight down to 205. hes content and comfortable with fighting at his natural weight. dana whiteshould stop being a lil biatch and just sign fedor.

Machida vs Rampage will look pretty much like this fight (even if it doesn't end in a tko/ko). Styles-wise, Rampage is exactly what Evans is.

Machida > Rampage
and in fact, Evans > Rampage

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Machida vs Rampage will look pretty much like this fight (even if it doesn't end in a tko/ko). Styles-wise, Rampage is exactly what Evans is.

Machida > Rampage

couldnt be more wrong, even though they both beat liddell with their hands, compare rampages fight with liddell to rashads fight with liddell, two differentstyles, rashad wants to move away and counter while rampage whats to establish the center and try to cut off the cage by cutting it in half

watch rashad's ENTIRE fight with liddell and try to imagine rampage fighting like that - its hard to visualize huh? thats just not the way rampage fightsso u cant say that the outcome will be the same

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^rampage does everything Evans does but better, minus the headkicks
yep, theyre 2 different types of "boxers" but rampage still does everything better than rashad, rampage wants to slug it out whilerashad wants to counter

rashad's gameplan of letting machida come after him and try to counter didnt work so what else is there to do? rampage is going to have to slug it out bytaking the center of the cage and trying to cut it off, similar to what tito tried to do but we all know that rampage does everything tito does but better,these opportunities are rare and theyre short but theyre there, machida used those left body kicks against rashad to set up his punches and thats where rampagehas to slug it out, rashad's only "success" last night was when he tried to trade punches with machida, rampage cant just try bum-rush machidacause thats not going to work, he has to take what machida gives him which is very little, as soon as machida gets hit he quickly backs away so rampage isgoing to have to be patient and make use of the few opportunities that machida will open up, luckily rampage will have 5 rounds to do it

Machida > Rampage
couldnt be more wrong, even though they both beat liddell with their hands, compare rampages fight with liddell to rashads fight with liddell, two different styles, rashad wants to move away and counter while rampage whats to establish the center and try to cut off the cage by cutting it in half

watch rashad's ENTIRE fight with liddell and try to imagine rampage fighting like that - its hard to visualize huh? thats just not the way rampage fights so u cant say that the outcome will be the same
Other than the fact that Rampage is an aggressor and Evans is a counter'er, they both use a predominant boxing + wrestling base.. I guesswe're just talking about 2 different things.. I was referring to their movesets which are pretty similar..

Imo, Machida will be able to implement pretty much the exact same game-plan against Rampage (while backpeddling more).. Anyways, no point arguing.. we'llsee soon enough..

Machida > Rampage
couldnt be more wrong, even though they both beat liddell with their hands, compare rampages fight with liddell to rashads fight with liddell, two different styles, rashad wants to move away and counter while rampage whats to establish the center and try to cut off the cage by cutting it in half

watch rashad's ENTIRE fight with liddell and try to imagine rampage fighting like that - its hard to visualize huh? thats just not the way rampage fights so u cant say that the outcome will be the same
Other than the fact that Rampage is an aggressor and Evans is a counter'er, they both use a predominant boxing + wrestling base.. I guess we're just talking about 2 different things.. I was referring to their movesets which are pretty similar..
no, we're talking about the same things, but that aggressor vs counter fighter makes a huge difference, machida came at rashad while rampageis going to come a machida, the 2 fights are going to look nothing alike, rampage's fight vs machida isgoing to look very similar to tito's fight vs machida, without the triangle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

check out tito's fight vs machida, tito did everything that rampage is going to try and do being that he tried to establish the center of the cage and thentried to cut it off, only difference is that rampage is WAY more accurate with his punches than tito and hits A LOT harder than him too, rampage likes being inclose, even though it might not come into play rampage's wrestling is also a lot better than tito's

Machida > Rampage

Other than the fact that Rampage is an aggressor and Evans is a counter'er, they both use a predominant boxing + wrestling base.. I guess we're just talking about 2 different things.. I was referring to their movesets which are pretty similar..
no, we're talking about the same things, but that aggressor vs counter fighter makes a huge difference, machida came at rashad while rampage is going to come a machida, the 2 fights are going to look nothing alike, rampage's fight vs machida is going to look very similar to tito's fight vs machida, without the triangle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

check out tito's fight vs machida, tito did everything that rampage is going to try and do being that he tried to establish the center of the cage and then tried to cut it off, only difference is that rampage is WAY more accurate with his punches than tito and hits A LOT harder than him too, rampage likes being in close, even though it might not come into play rampage's wrestling is also a lot better than tito's

Pretty much. They both use a boxing/wrestling base but thats about all they have in common. Also it will take A LOT for Jackson to be knocked out.

no, we're talking about the same things, but that aggressor vs counter fighter makes a huge difference, machida came at rashad while rampage is going to come a machida, the 2 fights are going to look nothing alike, rampage's fight vs machida is going to look very similar to tito's fight vs machida, without the triangle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

check out tito's fight vs machida, tito did everything that rampage is going to try and do being that he tried to establish the center of the cage and then tried to cut it off, only difference is that rampage is WAY more accurate with his punches than tito and hits A LOT harder than him too, rampage likes being in close, even though it might not come into play rampage's wrestling is also a lot better than tito's
Anyways.. I think you're right about comparing Rampage vs Machida to Tito vs Machida.. but that said, Rampage is pretty 1-dimensional now..I'm not sure he'll have the discipline to go for take-downs because he's too much in love with his boxing and KO power.. If he does go fortake-downs and is successful, well then who knows what will happen.. We haven't seen Machida display any of his bjj yet..

machida said hes willing to fight lesnar lol

i hope for some odd reason crocop drops to LHW and rapes everyone

Back
Top Bottom