Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

don't really post in here..but why doesn't anderson silva move up to the light heavyweight division where there's more competition?

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

don't really post in here..but why doesn't anderson silva move up to the light heavyweight division where there's more competition?

His next fight is at LHW which may answer your question but he's still the MW champ... An interim belt at MW would be stupid since A. Silva WANTS to bemore active and he's just amazing to watch.

They need to bring Mayhem back to the states and have him fight Anderson. I doubt he will be able to beat him, but atleast it will be fun to watch.

frank trigg returns to the UFC.

UFC.COM

Two-time welterweight title challenger Frank Trigg is returning to the UFC after more than three years away and he has his sights set on another run at the 170-pound title.

One of the fight game's most charismatic figures, the 37-year old Trigg wrestled for the University of Oklahoma and competed in the 2000 Olympic trials, but it has been in mixed martial arts where he has truly made his mark. A pro since 1997, Trigg (19-6) made appearances in PRIDE, Shooto, and the WFA before debuting in the UFC in 2003 against welterweight champion Matt Hughes. Trigg fell short in that bout, but after wins over Dennis Hallman and Renato Verissimo, he engaged in a rematch with Hughes at UFC 52 in 2005 that is considered one of the greatest bouts in UFC history, despite his submission defeat to the future Hall of Famer.

Trigg's first stint in the UFC ended later that year after a defeat to Georges St-Pierre, but the Rochester, New York native has since been on a tear, winning seven of nine bouts, including victories over Ronald Jhun, Mayhem Miller, Kazuo Misaki, Edwin Dewees, and Falaniko Vitale. Currently riding a four fight winning streak, Trigg is a welcome addition to an already stacked welterweight division.

A date and opponent for Trigg's UFC return has not been determined.

The Jackson-Evans matchup -- which will likely be booked for later this year -- still carries plenty of appeal, even though neither man holds any hardware.

why the extra bout against evans instead of the title fight?

i thought machida's first title defense was already etched in stone.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

The Jackson-Evans matchup -- which will likely be booked for later this year -- still carries plenty of appeal, even though neither man holds any hardware.

Rumor is Evans will coach against Page

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Rumor is Evans will coach against Page

No. i get that. you misread.

that quote is directly from the article.

went to best buy today and i bought UFC: the best of 2008 - rampage vs forrest
pimp.gif

*** It was announced by Dana White today that the coaches for TUF 10 are going to be Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and "Sugar" Rashad Evans.Jackson has backed out of his fight with Lyoto Machida for the LH Title and will instead face Rashad Evans in December after the conclusion of TUF 10, whichwill feature heavyweights. Thoughts?****

i cant see why rampage would turn down the machida fight for a fight with rashad other than maybe rampage needs more time to rest, his fights with wanderleiand jardine were pretty close together

i see rampage beating rashad, rashads good but having to fight rampage after a beating like that has to be a little frustrating, i mean seriously, one of hiseyes was wide open while the other went cross eyed

as for shogun, i was hoping hed get one more fight (while rampage fought machida) before he got a title shot but obviously its not the case

anderson should just fight machida..hes retiring soon anyway. like stop being a !!@% who cares if you train together its not like they *#+$ (lol i justrealized as im typing this that both of them would *#+$ me if they so had the desire to and i wouldnt be able to do anything about it
roll.gif
)

but u guy should read the comments on here theres some good talk about machida/rampage/evans and even rich/wandy and anderson/forrest

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15017/qui...oach-heavyweights-only-10th-season-of-tuf.mma

I honestly don't know what Dana's plan is. There isn't any clear-cut contender @ that division right now and TUF ends in December. That's along lay-off for a champ. Then again, Rampage had a long lay-off after the Henderson fight.

ohwell.gif
<--- wants to keep the ball rolling in the LHW division. Way toomany legit fighters...so little time.

lyoto has been pretty active lately, he was probably already looking for a break when he took the title fight on (semi) short notice.

still the whole tuf setup still doesnt make a ton of sense.

now if machida had been the other coach instead of evans.
nerd.gif

Shogun seems to be the best replacement.. I'm glad machida wants to fight sooner than later, so he turned down TUF. Rather see this fight than machida on areality show.

I think Rashad v Quinton will be a better fight than Lyota v Quinton, and I'll lean toward Rashad. It will be interesting to see how he comes back fromthat loss, does he come back on point or does he come out tenative, I'll guess on point.

I bet Forrest is regretting taking the Silva fight now... you know he'd fight Machida.. He'd fight a T-Rex with Kansas bar room rules if Dana askedhim. Dude will fight anyone.

Shogun agrees to fight The Dragon in Principle.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua has in principle accepted a bout with new light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, MMAWeekly.com has learned from sources close to negotiations.

Though a concrete date for the fight could not be confirmed, and Machida's management could not be reached at the time of this writing, sources say it would likely take place in October or November.

In a conference call Thursday announcing the season 10 coaches of "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC president Dana White said he was in the process of finding Machida's next opponent, once thought to be former champion Quinton Jackson. Jackson took one of the coaching slots for the reality show, while recently deposed champ Rashad Evans took the other. The two will likely face each other at the conclusion of the show, expected for UFC 103 on Sept. 26.

"(Machida) will fight," said White. "We're working on it right now. As soon as it's signed, I'll announce it... which I'm hoping will be today or tomorrow."

Asked whether Machida would headline UFC 103, White responded, "that's not true."

At the post-fight press conference for UFC 98, Machida said he would take a short vacation and return to training. Manager Ed Soares earlier told MMAWeekly that the new champion would like another fight before the end of 2009.

Rua is coming off a devastating stoppage of former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell at UFC 97. The performance was a stark turnaround from two lackluster performances at UFC 76 and UFC 93, which "Shogun" attributed to unfocused training camps and a persistent knee injury.

Rua recently praised Machida's performance and expressed his desire to face the undefeated fighter in an interview with tatame.com.

"Lyoto was phenomenal, beat Rashad and proved he's the best of this division," said Rua. "I'd love to (fight him), he's a top guy. I wanna fight the best."

If we get Pride Shogun vs. the Machida who fought Silva and Rashad, we should be in for a war.

BTW, I got Machida in this fight. Aggressive fighters like Shogun fall into Machida's trap.

koschek vs trigg possible for UFC 103.

A welterweight bout is nearing completion for an as of yet unannounced UFC 103 show in September. American Kickboxing Academy fighter Josh Koscheck looks to get back into action, and he will welcome back former top 170-pound contender Frank Trigg. The bout marks Trigg's first fight back with the organization since signing a new four-fight deal with the UFC earlier this week.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Friday, who indicated the fight has been verbally agreed to at this point.

Koscheck suffered a foot injury that kept him out of his last fight, a bout against Chris Wilson that was to take place at last weekend's UFC 98 card in Las Vegas.

The former "Ultimate Fighter" season one competitor has been chomping at the bit to get back in action since his first round TKO loss to Paulo Thiago in February.

By fight time, it will have been over 4 years since Trigg competed in the Octagon, but he will look to get back in strong form facing a Top 10 competitor in Koscheck.

Since exiting the UFC, Trigg has competed in numerous organizations including Pride, Icon, Strikeforce and Sengoku. This will be Trigg's first fight back at welterweight since moving to the 185-pound class in 2006.

The bout between Koscheck and Trigg is all but guaranteed to end up on the main card of whatever show the UFC promotes in September. While no official announcement has been made, Sept. 26 has been the proposed date, and England has been mentioned as a possible location.

it looks unlikely but im rooting for Shogun. hes got the most chance out of all the contenders against machida.

shogun in prime condition mentally and physically is scary

Back
Top Bottom