Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

man that sucks, i wanted Silva to win, it seems like this card lacked spark. Every fight was uneventful. Bad refing etc- The Cro Cop fight, Kongo losing andSilva losing in decision...idk if im going to order this for 10pm

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

UFC 100 is going to be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

yep, the stars have aligned to bring us the fight of the year in alves vs gsp, but unfortunately it wont be the main event, brock vs mir is gonna be
ohwell.gif

silva and davis decisions were wrong. kongo is not bright at all and doesnt understand the concept of sprwaling, a whizzer, legth, and standing up. swick is amonster and im waiting for him to have tougher challenges. cro cop looked on point and im waiting for his next fight to see how far that will take him.......good card.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Damn, Silva looks tired as hell...

thats what happens when you have to cut 12 pounds the day before... and youve never cut weight in your entire fight career which started when he was ateenager.... if youre not used to it thats what happens.

notes:

davis and uno should have won. both got hit with one or two solid shots but both controlled most of their fights.

mergliotta is the worst ref ever in the history of ever. everrrrr.

kongo has ZERO ground game.

silva is essentially done.

franklin's back leg body kick is becoming one of the more useful tools in mma.

mirko leaves for dream.
COLOGNE, Germany - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic's return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship was a short one.

Not long after stopping Mostapha Al-Turk in the first round of UFC 99 on Saturday at Lanxess Arena in his first fight in the UFC since back-to-back losses in 2007, Filipovic informed UFC president Dana White that he had signed a three-fight contract with the Japan-based DREAM.

White had signed Filipovic less than a month ago to a one-fight deal, the first time in more than nine years that he'd done that. He had worked out terms on two additional fights, but said he'd only put pen to paper for Saturday's bout.

He brought Filipovic back because he knew the Croat is still very popular and Filipovic insisted he wanted to make a run for the title.

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

That proved not to be the truth. After turning down much tougher opposition, including Cain Velasquez, who defeated Cheick Kongo later on the card, he wound up with the lightly regarded Al-Turk.

But instead of getting a shot at big names like Randy Couture or Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and fighting his way into title contention, Filipovic opted to bolt for Japan.

"Isn't that a dirty [expletive] thing to do?" White asked rhetorically after being queried about Filipovic's deal with DREAM. "He [expletived] me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he [expletived] me."

Filipovic looked unsteady and hardly impressive in defeating Al-Turk, who is winless in the UFC. He never landed one of his vaunted kicks and the fight ended not from a punch but when he poked Al-Turk in the eye with his finger.

Referee Dan Miragliotta didn't see the poke, so it was regarded as a clean blow and Filipovic won by stoppage.

Filipovic was fighting five months to the day after knee surgery, one of several injuries he said kept him from performing at his best in his first stint in the UFC. Before the fight, he called his 1-2 UFC record "the black spot" on his career.

While speaking with reporters on a prefight conference call, Filipovic enthused about his return and said he was gunning for a title shot. All the while, he apparently knew he was in it for a one-fight deal.

He texted White on White's cellular phone and told him he wanted to return. White said Filipovic declined numerous opponents.

Apparently, Filipovic, who is from Croatia, wanted to fight in Germany and use the UFC bout as a tuneup. He did and is now Dream bound, but he'll almost certainly never fight in the UFC again.

"He didn't keep his word," White said, who said he'd had a two-hour talk with Filipovic on the day Filipovic texted and asked to be able to return. "He talked about honor and all this other [expletive] and he [expletived] me.

"He fed me this bull [expletive] about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other [expletive] fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn't just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too."(
laugh.gif
).

As is his custom, Filipovic skipped the postfight news conference and could not be reached to comment on the DREAM deal.

I thought Marcus Davis got screwed. He shoulda won that Decision. I feel like Cain Velasquez is nothing special. Give Kongo the right time to prepare not 3weeks and he woulda Knocked Cain Out IMO.

and for Mirko CroCop... Wrong choice my guy. Dana White was doing you a favor. You looked like Dog S*** the first time you fought in the UFC all 3 of yourfights were pathetic. Dana gives you a shot at redemption and maybe a shot at the Best heavyweights in the company but you bolt... Good luck ever fighting inthe UFC again.

i thought silva won tonight being the agressor and actually doing damage and all, but im not mad at the decision, i like both fighters, i guess rich did justenough with his strikes to win the decision, oh well, wanderlei needs to stay at 205, theres no way he can make 185 without showing up a mess, he was able topush forward the entire fight which was impressive but we all know he was tired, the davis/hardy decision could have gone either way imo, hardy did moredamaging blows where as marcus landed more strikes, now onto ufc 100

LETS HEAR THOSE PICKS PEOPLE, ALVES OR GSP?

ill be rooting for the pitbull on this one even though im a fan of both fighters, no doubt in my mind this is gonna be fight of the year cause i dont seeeither one of them getting knocked out in the first round (at least i hope not)

So good to see Kongo lose and Cain win. Surprised wand was able to rock franklin like that and/or go to a decision. Thought for sure someone would get a ko.

Now if alves can keep GSP standing(which he won't), it would be a wrap.

My boy Uno got robbed, im glad hes back in the UFC, i couldn't wait for 7pm i had to watch it live at 12 in the afternoon......as for Mirko..you betterstay in the UFC and stop fighting cans in japan!

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I'm confused about this whole cro cop thing. On UFC.com it says cro cop wants to fight nog or randy next in his post fight interview.
I know, it seems there are conflicting reports. If he is leaving for DREAM, screw him then.

Word. I'd hate to think of cro cop doing this though. Horrible way to go out if this is the case. A damn win by eye poke and giving the ufc the middlefinger.

Back
Top Bottom