Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Maincard
Brock Lesnar v. Frank Mir - UFC HW Championship
Georges St-Pierre v. Thiago Alves - UFC WW Championship
Dan Henderson v. Michael Bisping
Jon Fitch v. Paulo Thiago
Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Alan Belcher

Undercard
Mark Coleman v. Stephan Bonnar
Mac Danzig v. Jim Miller
Jon Jones
v. Jake O'Brien
Dong Hyun Kim v. TJ Grant
CB Dolloway v. Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice v. Shannon Gugerty

Machida and Carwin FTW!!!

i not even going to get a chance to see this card .

work travel
smh.gif

Carwin vs Velazquez seems like a good match.Carwin does have a strong punch or does Gonzaga have a glass jaw?
laugh.gif
Well either way I'll be pulling for Carwin
smokin.gif
Would like to see Carwin fight against Lesnar too. 9 more days gentleman 9more days
pimp.gif

Brock Lesnar v. Frank Mir - UFC HW Championship - Lesner via KO
Georges St-Pierre v. Thiago Alves - UFC WW Championship - GSP via decision
Dan Henderson v. Michael Bisping - Bisping via decision
Jon Fitch v. Paulo Thiago - Fitch via KO
Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Alan Belcher - IDK these fighters

Undercard

Mark Coleman v. Stephan Bonnar - Coleman via KO
Mac Danzig v. Jim Miller - Danzig via KO
Jon Jones v. Jake O'Brien - Jones via KO

This is due to a video game but it definitely affects the UFC....

indifferent.gif
at Dana for this
[h2]UFC Threatening To Ban Fighters Who Appear In EA Sports MMA?[/h2]
Posted by Jake Gaskill - Thursday, July 02, 2009 1:44 PM

E3-2009-EA-Press-Conference-EA-Tiburon-Working-On-New-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Game-EA-Sports-MMA.jpg
During this year's E3, EA announced EA Sports MMA, a new mixed-martial arts fighting franchise EA hopes will be a major contender against THQ's UFC series. And while the tension is sure to ramp up once MMA gets closer to release, there seems to already be some preliminary rumbling going on behind the scenes.

Evil Avatar
reports that the confirmed word on the street is that any non-UFC-affiliated fighter who signs on to appear in EA's MMA will "forever be banned for fighting in the UFC."

Given the critical and financial success of THQ's recent UFC 2009: Undisputed, it's hardly surprising that the UFC would want to ensure it maintains first right of refusal with regards to unsigned talent. Plus, UFC is the dominant force for mixed-martial arts, so if prospective fighters want the most exposure, there's really only one place they can go. And I find it hard to believe that any young fighter would want to jeopardize his entire future just to appear in an EA-published mma game when he could simply appear in THQ's game and fight on mma's biggest stage.

When I contacted EA to find out its take on these reports (which could end up being quite an interesting battle if the UFC stands behind this policy), an EA representative simply said, "We have no comment regarding the alleged UFC threats to fighters as it pertains to EA Sports MMA."

This response was to be expected, especially for as fresh as these allegations are, and for as potentially damaging this situation could be for EA's new franchise. Expect to see plenty more about this whole mess in the near future.

Source

^ grain of salt. look at the source.

it does fall into some similar pratices by the ufc though.

but the banning of certain sponsors make sense

affliction is the name of a competing organization. and the banning of that poker site makes less sense but that was likely at the urging of one of the ufcmajor sponsors in full tilt poker.

im not sure what the story behind banning 'one more round' clothing was though.

this move (if true) shouldnt be taken word for word.

if the ufc can sign a big star they're going to, regardless of what game they've been in.

but by putting this idea out there it thins the roster for the upcoming EA game.

however it does seem that the ufc is inching closer and closer to an all out monopolizing mentality and that would not be positive for the sport.

antoni hardonk is batman.

We all know the old adage about 'strength in numbers', [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]but you have to think that the three young men who tried to mug 6 foot 4, 245 pound UFC heavyweight Antoni Hardonk in Los Angeles a week and a half ago were either very brave or very stupid - or both.

"I've worked security in the clubs and had some incidents there when people are fighting and you have to break up a fight, or somebody's drunk and you have to guide them out, but this time, they wanted to have my money, they wanted to rob me, and that was a new experience for me," Hardonk told UFC.com. "First they asked if I had some change so I looked in my wallet. They said they needed some help, and asked if I could help them out. I don't mind helping people, so I took a look. Then suddenly the tone in their voice changed and they said 'gimme your money.'

One of the assailants produced a utility knife, and while most would have panicked - and rightfully so - in such a situation, Hardonk kept his cool and refused to hand over his wallet. A tense standoff ensued for a few moments until his attackers decided to leave.

"I don't think they expected my reaction," he said. "Most people would have freaked out, but there was nothing in my mind or my body that said I was going to hand the money to those guys. It just doesn't feel right to me. So then they started hesitating and they walked off."

Hardonk, who was with a friend at the time, decided to head back to his LA apartment, with the friend offering him a ride home. Shortly thereafter, Hardonk again saw the trio that tried to mug him assaulting someone else. His friend quickly called the police, but Hardonk decided to take matters into his own hands.

The heavyweight prospect approached the three men, pushed one over, breaking off the blade of the utility knife in the process, and the other two began running with their latest victim's wallet. Hardonk gave chase, and while he lost them when they hopped over a fence, they did drop the wallet, and when the Holland native returned to give it back to the owner, police had already arrived.

"The cops think the same guys robbed three people the week before," said Hardonk. "I think they were very young guys and they weren't very secure about what they were doing. I hope it scared them and makes them think twice before they do something like that again."

As for Hardonk, he won't think twice about acting if the same thing happened to him or somebody else again.

"Maybe I'm not so smart, just stubborn," Hardonk laughed. "But I don't like injustice and I think people should help each other. Maybe more people should do that. Of course, I have a different set of skills than most people, but that doesn't mean anything if they start shooting."

For now though, the 33-year old will get back to less stressful pursuits, like training and getting back in shape after his April loss to Cheick Kongo at UFC 97.

"Kongo is a good fighter, and when you make a little mistake, he will take advantage of it, and that's his quality," said Hardonk of the bout. "I think we have a similar set of skills, and I truly believe it could have gone either way; it was more about who the best fighter was that night, and that night he was the best fighter. But I'm back in the gym, working hard and working on my weaknesses. There's still a lot to learn and a lot to improve. But I'm very motivated to get better."

And when his UFC career is done, he may have a career as a crimefighter.

"Maybe if I quit fighting in the UFC I can buy a costume and run around in the dark," he jokes, "but I think the cops can do a much better job than I do. I was just there at the right time to help somebody, so it was good."
Respect.

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Maincard
Brock Lesnar v. Frank Mir - UFC HW Championship
Georges St-Pierre v. Thiago Alves - UFC WW Championship
Dan Henderson v. Michael Bisping
Jon Fitch v. Paulo Thiago
Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Alan Belcher

wow, i thought i was the only one here picking him
pimp.gif

MAIN CARD
Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)
Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves (for welterweight title)
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

PRELIMINARY CARD
Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

New reports suggest Cro Cop saga may not be over
It looks like the Mirko Cro Cop saga may not over just yet when it comes to the UFC. Reports from Croatian websites today are reporting that UFC Owner Lorenzo Fertitta personally flew to meet with Cro Cop Friday in Zagreb, Croatia, to discuss a deal that would keep him with the UFC.

The U.K. based Fighter's Only posted some translated comments from the story at Index.hr that stated Fertitta gave Cro Cop an offer that was "non-refusable."

After reports earlier last month that all but confirmed Cro Cop was signing with DREAM after his one verbal bout with Mostapha Al-Turk at UFC 99, it appears that it was not the case. Cro Cop's point of contention was the frequency of bouts, as he wanted to fight multiple times still this year and at the time it was apparently not on the table from the UFC. That may no longer be the case.

With UFC 99's attendance and general interest spiking once Cro Cop was announced as officially on the card, it's clear he can still be a draw with the UFC. Who they match him up with next is the real question, as many of the top flight heavyweights are already set for fights, thus why he wasn't going to be fighting until near the end of the year in the first place.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_2676.shtml

This story gets stranger every minute. I was watching a radio interview with Dana White on ESPN from a couple days ago and when the guy asked him aboutCroCop he said he had no idea what was going on and that CC hasn't signed anything with anyone as yet. So I think we all need to wait and see until we getconfirmation from the man himself or a legitimate source of a contract signing. But much props to Lorenzo for doing this.

Hayabusa has been added to the list of banned gear in the UFC.
eyes.gif

this is getting out of hand.

affliction and the other poker site make sense but one more round and hayabusa?

apparently has something to do with the companies paying advertising fees to the ufc.

there are a lot of fighters who have hayabusa as a major personal sponsor too.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Hayabusa has been added to the list of banned gear in the UFC.
eyes.gif

this is getting out of hand.

affliction and the other poker site make sense but one more round and hayabusa?

apparently has something to do with the companies paying advertising fees to the ufc.

there are a lot of fighters who have hayabusa as a major personal sponsor too.
smh.gif
Damn near all of ATT
laugh.gif

Spike is running the undisputed 100 list...best fights all week starting at 10pm est.

I cant wait for 100!!!

Pumped for Saturday, I've got Brock, GSP, and Hendo. I plan on Jon Jones putting on a show too.

The Ultimate 100 special is pretty dope, get to hear some behind the scenes stuff about each fight, one the best free things UFC has done.

damn this UFC top 100 fights on Spike is so appreciated....

I've missed so many good fights...

Rashard Evans knockout of Chuck and Forrest
smokin.gif
... Sherk v Florian

Thanks Spike for putting me on
laugh.gif

Met GSP at the club last weekend. He was looking thick as hell. Even with a baggy t-shirt on, you can tell he's ripped.

Wish him the best!

UFC's 2009 Hall of Fame Class.
As the historic weekend surrounding UFC 100 draws closer, the anticipation as to who would be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame has come to an end as president Dana White announced on his Twitter page and via the UFC.com web site that former light heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and TapouT founder Charles "Mask" Lewis would be inducted this Friday at the UFC Fan Expo surrounding UFC 100.

"Hey guys Chuck Liddell and Charles 'Mask' Lewis will be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame at the UFC Fan Expo this Friday at 6:30 p.m.," White announced on his Twitter page.

Liddell seemed to be a shoe-in for the UFC Hall of Fame after the stunning career the California native has had during his time with the promotion. With a championship run that included four-straight defenses, Liddell has been seen as the face of the UFC for several years, and his fighting skill has always backed up the hype for his celebrity.

Speculation has run wild recently whether Liddell would call it a career after a tough run in his recent fights, but on Friday night the "Iceman" will just look to celebrate as the UFC honors him as the latest inductee into its hall of fame.

There may not have been a bigger loss to the MMA world than earlier this year when TapouT co-founder Charles "Mask" Lewis lost his life after a tragic car accident. Lewis was a giant piece of the puzzle for TapouT, which is seen as one of the most iconic brands in all of MMA.

Lewis, along with the other members of the TapouT crew, supported the sport of MMA when there was no money to be made loving the sport of MMA, and he continued to be a vital part of the industry for years to come.

His passing was a monumental loss to the MMA community, but the UFC will honor the legendary TapouT founder on Friday night as he enters the Hall of Fame as the first non-fighter to be inducted.

According to the post on White's Twitter page, the induction will take place at the UFC Fan Expo on Friday night at 6:30 p.m. PST, 9:30 p.m. EST.

strikeforce card is starting to look solid.

carano vs cyborg
overeem vs. werdum
riggs vs diaz
shields vs lindland.

wandy was just on mma connected saying for his next fight he'll fight at either weightclass if someone wants to fight him.

i dont think he wants to cut weight again.

Back
Top Bottom