Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

this doesnt mean *$+# in terms of the actual fight but has bj ever looked like this physique wise?

this is about as defined as he's ever looked.

at least it looks like he's training hard.

wandy was just on mma connected saying for his next fight he'll fight at either weightclass if someone wants to fight him.

i dont think he wants to cut weight again.
I think he's done regardless
frown.gif
. I see horriblematch-ups with the "marquee" guys at middle against Okami and Marquardt. I think Bisping's striking is better then Wandy's at this point andtime. I don't see him beating Henderson now. Hell, I see guys who are in the middle of the divison/up and comers like Kang (aslong as he stops having brainfarts during his fights), Palhares, Reljic, etc. I think the only "name" he can beat at middle is Thales, but at the same time if Thales can get himdown it's a wrap for Wandy. And I don't see any fights at 205 that make sense for him.
this doesnt mean *$+# in terms of the actual fight but has bj ever looked like this physique wise?

He's already 164. Which is amazing considering the fight is on August 8th. R.I.P. Kenny.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

He's already 164. Which is amazing considering the fight is on August 8th. R.I.P. Kenny.

You're wrong Clutch. this DOES mean !+!% to see BJ look as cut up as he does. I was about to put my money on KenFlo thinking it would be agood value bet at +200. I assumed that BJ was being same ole BJ and not taking this fight seriously. Furthermore, with his newly born daughter, I figured hewould be too preoccupied with being a proud papa to put 100% effort into his training. Boy was I wrong. When BJ comes in looking like that, he is borderlineunbeatable. I think BJ is the one fighter whos physique actually plays into how he might do in the upcoming fight. Mayhem is right RIP Kenny.

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

Pumped for Saturday, I've got Brock, GSP, and Hendo. I plan on Jon Jones putting on a show too.

The Ultimate 100 special is pretty dope, get to hear some behind the scenes stuff about each fight, one the best free things UFC has done.

+1

cant wait til Saturday....

Golf tourny in the AM, then UFC 100 at Night
glasses.gif

wait, randy's getting divorced again?!

_iceUrlFlag=1

"standing 6'1", weighing in a 225 lbs

fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada

he holds a Marital record of 0-3,

Rrraaannndyyyy The NATuralll Coutuuuuuuurre"

that was probably a low blow.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

im watching TUF season 5...pretty entertaining

one thing i wish they'd change on TUF is when they fight all the yelling that goes on in the background
sick.gif
sick.gif

makes my brain hurt
and its REALLY distracting!
someone well yell "left knee.... left knee" then you have a second delay where youre like heres comes a left knee
ohwell.gif

play music to cover over, or have them stop yelling **+#

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

one thing i wish they'd change on TUF is when they fight all the yelling that goes on in the background
sick.gif
sick.gif

makes my brain hurt
and its REALLY distracting!
someone well yell "left knee.... left knee" then you have a second delay where youre like heres comes a left knee
ohwell.gif

play music to cover over, or have them stop yelling **+#
..............that's how mma works.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Yo what's the best website to place bets on the UFC?
hard to say cause online betting is such a gray area about getting your money in and out, and the potential of getting your account frozen by thegovt, etc... etc... also, the lines between books is sometimes off by so much, if you are going the online route its best to open up with several books.

I dont know if its an option, but you might want to look around for a (i know its an oxymoron) reputable bookie that takes action on MMA. I found a runner Ibeen playing with for the last few months but he typically maxes out at $400 per MMA bet. I am in the process of getting setup with another book who takeslarger action. Obviously, do so at your own risk as people who generally run in that industry (black market book running) are not the more upstanding citizensif you get what I mean. No sense in getting a knee cap broken over a MMA bet.

As far as betting for this even goes I dont see a whole lot of good spots (yet). With one of my books, the line on the Bisping v. Hendo line has really evenedout over the past week. I think Hendo opened around the -350 range (which in my opinion was way too much to give even though I dont thin that highly ofBisping) and has since come down to around the -240 range. I just dont see value at -240 cause who knows judges will show up if Bisping takes it thedistance.

As expected, heavy money seems to be coming in on GSP. My book opened at -240 GSP +200 Alves. It has since gone up to -300 GSP. I figure that by saturdayafternoon, it may climb further and settle around the -320 or -330 mark for GSP. I'm kicking myself for not getting in at -240, and now I have to take thewait and see approach and hope that Thiago's line offers enough value. I'm thinking if Thiago miraculously gets to +300 I gotta throw down atleast ahundy cause I think 3 to 1 payout is a great value in that fight.

The real fight I am watching is the main event. Even though I got screwed betting against Brock in his last fight (you just dont bet against Couture right?) Iwant to do it again here. My guess is heavy money comes in on Brock the day of, and the line moves dramatically. Right now I have him around -220 with Miraround +180. If the line move is drastic and I can get Mir in around +250 (I can dream right?) then I will probably bet whats left of my pot on Mir. Ifhe's in shape and motivated I see him having a good chance.

Alright people, only 3 days to go until the biggest UFC/MMA event ever. MMA has come a long way and with 2 titles on the line at UFC 100 with some of thebiggest names on the card it's expected to beat the Ortiz/Chuck II PPV records. Estimates around 1.5 to 2 million. Time to get the hype train running forthis Saturday.

ufc100poster.jpg

Event: UFC 100
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009

Main event:

UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar (3-1) vs. Interim Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir (12-3) for undisputed division title

Main card (Televised):

170 lbs.: UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre (18-2) vs. Thiago Alves (16-3)
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch (18-3) vs. Paulo Thiago (11-0)
185 lbs.: Dan Henderson (24-7) vs. Michael Bisping (17-1)
185 lbs.: Yoshihiro Akiyama (12-1) vs. Alan Belcher (14-5)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

205 lbs.: Stephan Bonnar (11-5) vs. Mark Coleman (15-9)
205 lbs.: Jon Jones (8-0) vs. Jake O'Brien (11-2)
170 lbs.: TJ Grant (14-2) vs Dong Hyun "Stun Gun" Kim (11-0-1)
155 lbs.: Mac Danzig (18-6-1) vs. Jim Miller (13-2)
185 lbs.: CB Dollaway (8-1) vs. Tom Lawlor (5-1)
155 lbs.: Matt Grice (9-2) vs. Shannon Gugerty (11-3)

i read that some people are trying to resell octagon side seats for $40 000.
roll.gif

i didnt realize that jesus was fighting santa claus in the main event.
laugh.gif

As of 2 p.m. PST on Tuesday, UFC welterweight contender Thiago Alves said he weighed 183 lbs.

The 25 year-old American Top Team product meets his biggest opportunity on Saturday when he faces reigning champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 100.

With thirteen pounds to go, Alves looked relieved, and the UFC felt the same.

"That's really good for me," he told MMAWeekly. "Usually I get here (at) 188, 189, and I'm amazed with myself. 183, I'm like whoa. Everybody from the UFC was like, wow, I can't believe it."

Alves said a hellish training camp put him on track.

"I've just been doing what I'm supposed to do more professionally," he said. "No cheating on myself, things like that. Before, (it was like), ah, I'm going to skip one day. It would always catch up with me later on. I'd leave everything to the last minute."

The only remaining challenge is the wait until Saturday.

" It's gonna be a war," he said. "Georges St. Pierre, he's the champion, but I'm going to knock him out. It's my time."

good news for those wondering if he'll make weight and expecting a title fight, even if he starts his cut at 183, 13lbs should be a cakewalk for him

edit: another thing i caught on sherdog

15cld3k.jpg

mvqlw8.jpg

seriously, what the eff is that
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

that ufc list is bunk.

an over the limit thiago alves beating a 78 year old, one legged matt hughes is the 15th greatest fight of all time?

greater than the unprecedented unification of the light heavyweight and middleweight world championships?

greater than bj rising up to upset matt hughes and capture the world title in his first ever fight at welterweight?

greater than matt serra stunning the entire mma world by earning a titles shot by winning tuf and the tko'ing his way to the welterweight title.

greater than liddell/couture 3, which at the time was the biggest fight ever? and is still one of the biggest fights and the culmination of the greatesttrilogy in mma history?

that fight should be in the 90's if on the list at all.

No. Just Hell No.

that bump on GSP's elbow looks gross like a tumor or some weird growth...hope all is well with him...and that first video Dips3tRydah posted gave mechills...cant wait for saturday

Back
Top Bottom