Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

ALRIGHT GUYS LISTEN TO MY THEORY ON WHY THERE'S SO MANY UPSETS:

I'm going to use Liddell as my example. This is just a generalization...not the rule. Everybody has always looked down on TUF fighters...because somehow they're 2nd tier fighters. While on the other hand, Chuck, Tito, etc. are looked on as the A-list. I think Chuck has believed his own hype. Think about it, he spends A LOT of his time partying and doing interviews/media. Compared to before...his training can't be the same. On the other hand, the "TUF" guys have been playing catch up training wise. Since they aren't the most popular fighters...they dont have to deal with as much media as guys like Chuck. Look at Keith Jardine, the man lives in Albuquerque...that's basically the middle of nowhere, while Chuck spends his time between SLO and Vegas. ALL he does is train. So all I am saying is these "b-list" fighters are catching up and now it's finally showing. Griffen, Jardine, etc. have been training their @#%$ off while their opponents, whether or not they admit it, have underestimated them.

LOL silva was PISSED after chuck got tooled...shogun looked like he didnt even train for a few months

Quote:
I'm going to use Liddell as my example. This is just a generalization...not the rule. Everybody has always looked down on TUF fighters...because somehow they're 2nd tier fighters. While on the other hand, Chuck, Tito, etc. are looked on as the A-list. I think Chuck has believed his own hype. Think about it, he spends A LOT of his time partying and doing interviews/media. Compared to before...his training can't be the same. On the other hand, the "TUF" guys have been playing catch up training wise. Since they aren't the most popular fighters...they dont have to deal with as much media as guys like Chuck. Look at Keith Jardine, the man lives in Albuquerque...that's basically the middle of nowhere, while Chuck spends his time between SLO and Vegas. ALL he does is train. So all I am saying is these "b-list" fighters are catching up and now it's finally showing. Griffen, Jardine, etc. have been training their off while their opponents, whether or not they admit it, have underestimated them.
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Goooooooooonies
You Ever Wonder What it All Really Mean?​

Silva looked about as dissapointed as I did after the fight,

Chuck needs to get back into action ASAP and redeem himself for that @#%$ performance.

Forrest Griffin just put himself at the front of the LW title line!
WOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

Griffin did his thing!

Jardine beat Griffin so, Griffin has to wait his turn, Jardine will probably fight Vanderlei in December, and the winner fights rampage in 08.
TEAM KOBE Member #1

these upsets succ.
Put 'em in a grave with an empty 40 ounce bottle and don't leave a drip​

Quote:
Once Judoka's like Nasty Nastula and Jimmy Pedro modify their techniques for mma, its gona get crazy.

These guys are too old now. Wait like ten years for Pedro's kids and Rene Capo's kids to dominate.

what a performance by griffin.

lidell and silva need to fight anyway.

only difference now is they are bothClutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Chuck vs. Silva is DONE.

It should be Jardine vs. Silva in Dec. and winner gets Rampage. Thats the only fair scenario.
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

If you think about the TUF contestants like Forrest, Jardine, Koscheck, Sanchez, Evans, Florian, Heck even Daddy Stevenson

All these guys are so under appreciated. I know Sanchez lost to my man fitch but these guys went on the show to "Make it in" they've trained together and love the MMA world. They all have panned out to be great members of the UFC. They all are hungry and out there to prove that even though they were on a "Reality series" They are real fighters
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Reppin The Bay 650​

forrest should get the next title shot.

he's the only fighter in the division riding victorieS who also has a recent huge win under his belt.

there should always be a title contender and the lhw division shouldnt be left in limbo waiting for a silva/jardine fight. the winner of that one could get the winner of rampage/griffin. (although i dont think silva should get a title fight off of one victory.)

why the hell is fighting silva being looked at like a prize? it ridiculous to absolutely dismiss a silva/lidell fight because lidell just lost 2. lidell cant fight a guy coming off two losses because he himself is coming off two losses? silva got KTFO in his last two. the fact is that people want to see it, and money is usually the bottom line.

Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
why the hell is fighting silva being looked at like a prize. it ridiculous to absolutely dismiss a silva/lidell fight because lidell just lost 2. lidell cant fight a guy coming off two losses because he himself is coming off two losses. silva got KTFO in his last two. the fact is that people want to see it, and money is usually the bottom line.
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Wouldnt the logical thing to do is to have Jardine/Griffin II? Winner fights Silva. Winner of that gets to 'Page, naturally.
-Club

Chuck proved my point I been saying for a long time. It's not about training, his partying, or whatever it's his skill. The game has changed no one is scared of the hype, and fighters are just as fast and have just as good hands. THING IS THEY KEEP THEIR HANDS UP, CHUCK DON'T.

HE'S DONE.

Not to take anything away from Forrest.
Shogan is 25 people and realize it's a lot safer to fight in the UFC. In Pride dude was stomping, and punting kneeling opponents. That will take an adjustment and Randy was correct in his thoughts. I know in his mind he picked Jardine to win also.

Lets consider the LHW division. I think Rampage should get a break till early next year, there is no one else. Forrest needs another win against a good fighter, Jardine owned him so let them rematch. Jardines gameplan was on point, but this win doesn't mean he's an A-Lister. I know Houston Alexander is at home thinking hmmm, I get someone good to fight next.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Back
Top Bottom