Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

if i made the fights here's how the next round of the lhw division would go

Rampage vs Griffin.

The timing for this one works out the best. Rampage would have to be inactive for at least 9 months for any other situation to be plausible. This particular fight could happen in January.

Jardine vs Silva

Rashad vs. Tito II

Liddell vs. Bisping

Henderson vs. Alexander

Shogun vs. Hammil

Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
Chuck proved my point I been saying for a long time. It's not about training, his partying, or whatever it's his skill. The game has changed no one is scared of the hype, and fighters are just as fast and have just as good hands. THING IS THEY KEEP THEIR HANDS UP, CHUCK DON'T.

Its not even that. He just got exposed to be honest. I mean look at his string of wins since the Couture loss. All of those guys, except for Overeem who gassed but was beating Chuck beforehand, weren't guys who were gonna stand and trade with Chuck. Chuck was always a pretty sloppy striker but it worked against guys that weren't looking to stand. Hell Vernon White tested him standing pretty damn good. Chuck just got GREAT match ups since his lost to Couture outside of Rampage of course.

Not to take anything away from Chuck, he beat some good fighters and those Couture wins look a lot better now, but those fights were tailor made for him.

Quote:
Liddell vs. Bisping

Henderson vs. Alexander

Shogun vs. Hammil
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

word its just like what people would always say on those mma forums

chuck got used to standing with wrestlers, and rarely ever got tested standing

and I agree, Vernon White was givin him a run for his money till Chuck caught him

Goooooooooonies
You Ever Wonder What it All Really Mean?​

" Couture wins look a lot better now"

No, it proves that Randy had personal issues outside the ring that distracted him and his regimine.

Like dude said above Alexander and Hendo makes no sense as does the Shogan and Hammil.

Bisbing will lose to Hammil then move down getting owned by Hendo and Anderson. Maybe even Rich Franklin.

I'm not sure about Forrest getting a title shot, but who knows with Dana.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Quote:
Henderson is probably moving to 185 as well and a fight with Alexander wouldn't make sense for either.

Ther has been no official word on hendo moving down for sure so for now he's in the lhw equation. Alexander gets thrown in with a top fighter to see if he's the real deal.

Quote:
You either have a guy lose that can be a pretty popular figure in the UFC, Hendo, or you ruin a guys improvement and potential by throwing him in with a guy that is a bad match up for him, Houston.

you're basically saying that no one should fight each other 'just in case'

The entire division is in a spot right now in that there are so many top tier fighters that some of these types of matchups have to happen.

Quote:
Ditto on Shogun vs. Hammil. Shogun loses you lose a huge investment and if Hammil loses you probably ruin his development a bit.
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
Ther has been no official word on hendo moving down for sure so for now he's in the lhw equation. Alexander gets thrown in with a top fighter to see if he's the real deal.

Too early too throw him in. Why mess with his potential? Houston is too much of a good match up for Hendo...

Quote:
you're basically saying that no one should fight each other 'just in case'

The entire division is in a spot right now in that there are so many top tier fighters that some of these types of matchups have to happen.

No, they're just not smart match ups. Its lose lose for the UFC no matter what. You throw in two guys with a lot of money and hype invested in each against two guys who are still growing and are pretty good PROSPECTS right now is stupid.

Quote:
Shogun vs Hammil gives the fans a chance to see if Hammil really has improved that much and Shogun obviouly isnt above losing to a TUF fighter.

Hamill needs TIME. He needs more then 4 fights to go up a guys who is still Top 10.

Quote:
Liddell vs. Bisping puts Liddell back in against a talented but not top tier guy (he'll have to work his way back to the top group, although i still think 2 loss streak can match up with 2 loss streak ) Bisping on the other hand gets to show whether or not he really has been worth all that hype.
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

^ none of that makes sense.

because what you've said applies to all of the fighters for EVERY potential matchup.

in your line of thought shogun cant potential fight hendo because shogun's an investment and hendo could be popular. so how can either of them fight anyone?

along the same lines, alexander and hammil could not fight each other because they both need 'time'.so how can either of them face anyone?

everyone should fight bums so they can maintain victory streaks until YOU say they are ready?

well 'TIME' is money and the ufc has never shown any reluctance in throwing a young fighter to the wolves before. as much as i still think they get it wrong sometimes i respect the fact that at least they try to make good, exciting fights and do not coddle any of their fighters. these are still professional fighters, and the ufc does not treat any of their fighters like projects.

the middleweight division was severely lacking in any talent when silva got a quick title shot.(which is why i believe they should take the conservative route with their fights in that divison)

the lhw division was in a similar spot when rampage came in as liddell had already knocked out all the other contenders. however the acquisition of pride changed all of that and now the division has hendo, shogun, silva, etc. these fighters along with the new talent of thedivision must face off to establish legitimate contenders no matter how much 'time' you think they need.

*EDIT*could make that weight.

Clutch.

Quote:
and it was Ibarra who said that Bisping might move down. Bisping himself just confirmed that he could make that weight.
:smh:
smh.gif
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

i wanna see houston fight shogun
"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

^apparently 'that wouldnt make sense'.

one fighter 'needs time' and the other is an investment. i mean why would you want two professional fighters actually fighting each other?
Quote:
And no you can`t say that about every match
Quote:
Good lord why do I even bother with you, I`m done with every convo about MMA with you right now...

believe me the feeling is mutual.

Clutch.

Quote:
It should be Jardine vs. Silva in Dec. and winner gets Rampage. Thats the only fair scenario.

If Silva gets a title shot after 1 win in the UFC (and coming off a 2 loss streak) thats garbage. Make the dude earn his keep.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

I really wonder what Mayhem is on. That dude is on another planet. His interviews on ProElite are so @#%$ funny. Nicks Diaz's interview and the new Baroni interview. This guy needs to be paid alot of money and do interviews or commentate. He is well worth the money. Too bad the guy can fight and that prohibits him from doing it all the time.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

any guesses of who silva gonna debut against now that its not chuck????????
"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

Thank you illphillip
Quote:
Stolen from Beverly Mitchell @ Bloodyknux.com

Mike Kyle's indefinate suspension was apparently lifted earlier this month, and he is already signed to fight in the Central Valley Cagefighting event on October 2 in Fresno, CA.

For those of you unaware (although I can't imagine anyone here is), Kyle was suspended indefinately in October 2006 for illegally kicking Brian Olsen in the face, and then continuing to assault (and make no mistake, it was an assault) his unconcious opponent after a fight. The victim, Olsen, suffered multiple fractures to his face and has continued to suffer long-term from the beating, which included a postfight head stomp and multiple strikes. It took Herb Dean running into the ring to assist the original referee in removing Kyle from Olsen.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbRaJalpgrc

If you feel that Kyle should not be permitted to return to MMA competition at this time, feel free to contact Armando Garcia, head of the California State Athletic Commission.

[email protected]

Central Valley Cagefighting's homepage has a "contact us" section where you can leave comments or questions: www.centralvalleycagefigh...m-5-5.html
Quote:
There is so much talent at the top of this division, which may soon include Arona (not a fan but he's a strong LHW)
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Arona is my favorite fighter. BTT for life. I just wish he'd take improving his stand up seriously.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Mayhem is just too weird. His novelty wore off back in 05 for me. Maybe its just me but it seems like he's trying too hard.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Back
Top Bottom