Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

smokin.gif

good fights all around main-event and co-mainevent, disappointed with the amir fight though, been waitingforever to see this guy return

just retire silva, noones beating u

Thanks for the link So Slickening! That was a good fight by BJ. Once he got full mount it was over!

Notes:

i really didnt understand where any notion of 'forrest by ko or tko' thing was from.

like what fights in the past has this occurred in?

unlike silva who has done that to every fighter he's faced.

and the most MORONIC part is that people STILL dont understand.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Wow Andersons strikes arent even that punishing.. theyre just so damn accurate... wow.

people seem to think accuracy has to be traded for power when it's absolutely not true.

silva ko's a notoriously tough fighter with his off hand while backpeddling and pople still say his power isnt great.
smh.gif
eyes.gif

i mean that's a high level of idiocy there.

As for bj/kenny. i think kenny was doing a solid job, but then it went to the ground and penn's bjj took over.

his plan was working to an extent, but he just wasnt big enough to body bj on the fence like gsp did.

the first 3 rounds were generally uneventful, but i had round 1 to bj. rounds 2 and 3 were especially uneventful but i had them to florian based on aggressionand octagon control.

great card overall.

I don't see anyone beating the champions in each division, minus heavyweight, anytime soon.

BJ- Whos next in that division? I can't even think of any contenders right now.

GSP- Will smash Swick or whoever.

Silva- Will destroy everyone in the middleweight division. Although I think another fight w/ Dan would be more competitive.

Machida- I'm picking him against Shogun and everyone else in that division.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

they kept promoting diego but that shot really belongs to frankie edgar or gray maynard (if he beats miller).

I don't see anyone beating the champions in each division, minus heavyweight, anytime soon.

yep, each one of them is the top of the top, but if any one of them is going to fall, its going to be BJ, he's most likely fighting diego next, obviouslybj will be the overwhelming favorite but dont count diego out, like bj diego is also a fairly decent fighter at 170, he's come down to 155 to dominate,should be a good fight

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

they kept promoting diego but that shot really belongs to frankie edgar or gray maynard (if he beats miller).

they keep promoting diego cause he's a bigger name than both of those guys, he's more exciting than them too

if bj does end up headlining a show in hawaii, theyre going to need someone bigger than edgar and maynard

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

they keep promoting diego cause he's a bigger name than both of those guys, he's more exciting than them too
ff3als.jpg

obviously the reality show is a factor.

title shots should be earned by fighting for extended periods in the division.

call me old fashioned.
eyes.gif

ff3als.jpg

obviously the reality show is a factor.

title shots should be earned by fighting for extended periods in the division.

call me old fashioned.
eyes.gif

unfortunately no one wants to see those fights, people want to see bj penn vs maynard/edgar as much as people want to see gsp vs swick/kampman

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Damn I need those shorts...

If you are talking about BJ's you can get them on RVCA's website.

Again, RIP Kenny.
can u? those arent his traditional shorts hes got on
You're right. I think they were the tights? You can get the regular board shorts on RVCA though.

Originally Posted by pablohoney

silva should just move up to 205 after a rematch from hendo
I want to see a rematch with hendo and then GSP to move up to fight Silva...then silva should move up to 205 assuming he beats hendo and gsp.

Back
Top Bottom