Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

imo they need to bring in dudes from japan to fight BJ. i dont see diego doing anything. Id kill to see Gomi vs BJ 2. Gomi is much bigger/better now

i actually would lay down cash to see bj vs aoki just to make sure there is no possiblity of a stream drop.

I'm not sure which Gomi you've been watching but he is far from his dominating days at Pride and if by bigger you mean fatter, then yes, Gomi is much bigger now.

ok so he lost to former sengoku champ Kitaoka by ankle lock and was robbed by Golyaev... He did just beat the lw shooto champ...who has a win over Hirota, the dude who just KO'd Kitaoka. His skills are still there and his mind is in the right place... He just needs to fight more.
Gomi has more muscle than he did when he 1st fought bj. Better skill also since after he lost to bj, dude ran through ALOT of dudes in pride.

Gomi is my favorite fighter of all time
pimp.gif

bj v gomi 2 would be crazier than gomi v diaz
devil.gif

Even if you think he got robbed (I'm not to sure myself, but it wasn't a ten point scoring system for that fight so I don't know how they scoredit), it should've never even gotten that close against Sergey. And you really can't be using that domino effect reasoning MC, you know damn wellthat's one of the worst ways to justify something in MMA.

Of course he's more muscular now then he did against BJ the first time, but that was 5 years ago (?). You compare him to his days and Pride and sincethe Nick Diaz fight and up he's come in horrible shape. NONE of those guys you named are even in the Top 10 and you think he can take BJ now? BJ is betternow then he was then. Gomi isn't even Top 10 anymore. He'dwould get ran through something horrible. His dominate days at Pride are over.

who saw tito's vid blog where he's ragging on liddell for riding coach on the same flight he's riding first class on?

acting like chuck didnt turn his lights out twice and that coleman isnt a fluff fight because he hasnt beaten someone who wasnt 40+ in over 3 years.
eyes.gif

chuck would still put tito to sleep with the quickness even in his current lackluster state.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Watched it earlier today.
laugh.gif

Chuck seemed to be ok with it, don't why it bothered you so much.
ohwell.gif

entirely serious honest question: why reach and read more into my statement than there is?

i never said it bothered me.

im pointing out the irony that tito's so far up on his highhorse because he just signed a new contract that he forgot the 2 most devastating losses of hiscareer.

apparently they're talking fitch vs. almeida at 106.

looks like almeida wont be debuting successfully at welterweight.
doesnt make any sense to me to feed him to Fitch. Big Dog has a name and the skill potential to possibly make some noise. Why start him off witha virtual automatic L? By no means is this a knock on Almeida. I just think that Fitch is a top 5 WW if not top 3 WW right now.

Aoki vs Penn would be interesting but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Gomi will probably be the first Japanese star to sign with the UFC orStrikeforce, I think he was already slated to fight on the Affliction show that got squashed. Hansen has said in the past that he doesn't like Dana Whiteor the UFC but that could always change.

Any word on when Denis Kang is fighting next or who?

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

entirely serious honest question: why reach and read more into my statement than there is?

im pointing out the irony that tito's so far up on his highhorse because he just signed a new contract that he forgot the 2 most devastating losses of his career.

You get defensive way to quick.

And it's just Tito kidding around with Chuck. I really don't think either side cared. The first class thing and Tito getting whooped on really hasno correlation with one another.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

apparently they're talking fitch vs. almeida at 106.

looks like almeida wont be debuting successfully at welterweight.
doesnt make any sense to me to feed him to Fitch. Big Dog has a name and the skill potential to possibly make some noise. Why start him off with a virtual automatic L? By no means is this a knock on Almeida. I just think that Fitch is a top 5 WW if not top 3 WW right now.

yeah im not sure where i would rank fitch at 170.

either 2 or 3 for sure but id be really intrigued to see him rematch with alves.

alves is really a different fighter now but i still think fitch could get it done.

as for almeida i really dont think his chances are great.

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

im pointing out the irony that tito's so far up on his highhorse because he just signed a new contract that he forgot the 2 most devastating losses of his career.

You get defensive way to quick.

And it's just Tito kidding around with Chuck. I really don't think either side cared. The first class thing and Tito getting whooped on really has no correlation with one another.
that's the thing i dont get about this thread.

i have no hard feelings towards this thread at all despite the fact that many of the regulars 'dont like me' and thus have a propensity to argueagainst me.

ive never avoided it once, it's probably the most frequented non basketball post on the site, for me.

but that's exactly what im on NT for. to talk sports,

but in this thread, these back and forths often makes no sense.

someone misreads my post and i clarify the point and now im 'getting defensive too quick'

im all for debate actually based in mma but are you really attempting to tell me how i 'feel' about it?

trust i have no emotional attachment to any of the banter that occurs in this thread.

i post at face value and if a fighter did something that bohered me i would definitely state it as i did when jackson went on his car chase with the cops.

so this 'back' will have no 'forth' because im moving on.

All I said you is you get defensive too quick, which was just an observation nothing more, and now I'm telling you how you feel?
laugh.gif
I'm just saying you come off that way and that's why conversations turninto arguements with you. If I made it sound disrespectful my bust, but I didn't feel I did, just a small observation

And they really need to put MMA Live on TV. Hell even if if comes on at 3 in the mourning right after WNBA replays I'd be happier
laugh.gif
. At least I can DVR it. I hate watching shows online.

chuck would still put tito to sleep with the quickness even in his current lackluster state.
naw man...Chuck's gut is heavier than his whole body.

I'd love for Tito to fight a gatekeeper at the division to see where he's at...Jardine anyone?

All I said you is you get defensive too quick, which was just an observation nothing more, and now I'm telling you how you feel?
laugh.gif
I'm just saying you come off that way and that's why conversations turn into arguements with you. If I made it sound disrespectful my bust, but I didn't feel I did, just a small observation

And they really need to put MMA Live on TV. Hell even if if comes on at 3 in the mourning right after WNBA replays I'd be happier
laugh.gif
. At least I can DVR it. I hate watching shows online.
how come I have never heard of this mma live show? what channel does it come on?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

naw man...Chuck's gut is heavier than his whole body.

I'd love for Tito to fight a gatekeeper at the division to see where he's at...Jardine anyone?

I agree with the Tito=gatekeeper. It's not a bad thing considering Tito is on the downside of his career. He's can still give someone a tough fightand he's a big name.

And MMA Live only comes online at ESPN.com.

And Fedor's first opponent after the big signing willbe.........................................................................................................................

gegard mousasi in another special exhibition sparring match .
eyes.gif

soares and silva are taking an interesting stance.

White has hinted that Silva will defend his title against Dan Henderson next, but Soares said he doesn't consider Henderson to be the top contender in the UFC's middleweight division.

"If he wants to be a valid contender, I think he should fight the winner of
Nate Marquardt against Demian Maia [at UFC 102], and that will provide a true No.1 contender."

When asked what he plans to do if or when the UFC offers a Henderson title fight, Soares quickly replied that, "We're going to explain to them our situation," and that he thinks White "will listen."

Silva defeated Henderson at UFC 82 in March 2008 via second-round rear naked choke submission in a UFC-PRIDE middleweight title unification bout. Since then, Henderson has won his last three fights in a row.

http://twitter.com/fanhouseSoares said he believes Silva's next fight will be contested in the 205-pound weight class, unless the UFC can offer a "valid contender."

"We'll fight super-fights at 205 [pounds] until a valid contender comes up," he said.

"We just want to fight the best guys that are possible to fight."

Silva v. Wandy could sell PPV's

I think Silva will end up fighting either Shogun, or the loser of Rampage/Rashad next at 205, no one else makes sense besides a 'grudge' match withWandy which will be just as lopsided as the Forrest fight

I cant believe the UFC let go of a prime talent like Leites while no-talent shmucks like Houston Alexander are still around.

his last 2 performances werent anything to brag about, but his submission skills alone should be more than enough to have kept him on the roster a littlelonger
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

I cant believe the UFC let go of a prime talent like Leites while no-talent shmucks like Houston Alexander are still around.

his last 2 performances werent anything to brag about, but his submission skills alone should be more than enough to have kept him on the roster a little longer
smh.gif
I don't think you can look it that way. While I agree that he could have used another fight or two, the UFC simply doesn't work that way.The UFC doesn't find the top 20 in each division and sign them. If that were the case, I'm pretty sure the roster wouldn't have as many "bignames" and quite frankly would make the UFC pretty damn stale with significantly less appeal to those not considered "hardcore fans". Andwhether you want to admit it or not, casual fans are the reason why MMA is so successful and all over free tv these days.

In my eyes there are three groups of fighters in the UFC:

1. Fighters in contention as the best fighters in their respective divisions.
2. Fighters that are around because they are proven draws, or are long tenured fighters that at one point the UFC has built up with their marketing machine sothey're worth keeping them around given the amount of money they've invested in them(TUF cast members, "old school" fighters, etc.) .
3. Up and comers. Blue chip prospects that are going to get theirs eventually (Jon Jones, Carwin, Cain, etc), or the UFC is looking to put their hype machinebehind to generate hype and interest in the new faces. It's the group of people they want to create stars from.

The first group is obvious. BJ, Kenny, GSP, Spider, Rampage, Lyoto, Mir, Brock, Nog, Diego, etc.

The second group includes people like Marcus Davis, Houston Alexander, Chris Leben, etc.

Obviously, fighters can move from category to category. Forrest went from group 2 to 1 after his wins over Shogun and Rampage. People like Chuck and Ace findthemselves more as fighters in group 2 these days.

With this last lost, Leites may no longer be in any of these categories.

I'm just throwing that out there, though. I apparently know nothing about MMA.

I agree w/ Bastitch. And when it comes down to it, the UFC is a business and they want fighters who can put butts in the seats. Unfortunately, Leitesdoesn't do that, especially after his title fight.

Back
Top Bottom