Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

the rules are fine
yup, not the UFC's fault if kimbo can't get out of it. If a guy is on top, keeping active yet you're not defending. They gotta stopit. The fact that the punches were weak doesn't mean it shouldn't warrant a stoppage however anticlimactic it may be. If that there the case stoppageswould be too subjective. This fight doesn't matter anyhow.. It doesn't go on Kimbos record and hes gonna fight in the UFC regardless.
only thing I would change though is allow upkicks to an opponent who is in your guard ala Silva V.S Okami.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

thiswhy ufc sucks, they gotta change the rules

change the rules to what?

anyway...Kimbo earned much of my respect seeing how humble he truly is. In his old fights or even in previews they try to make him something that he's not.He spoke about himself like hes not all that (any true mma fan would agree) and his fight confirmed that. I really do wish him the best though...even thoughit's really too late for him imo

Hey guys I'm still new to TUF, when you lose a fight, I thought you have to leave the house?

kimbo was blasting roy on the feet, but he ground game was obviously lacking.

fight should have been stopped in the first.

they were weak shots but therey were all direct. herb dean must have been instructed to let it go as long as possible and since he saw the short amount oftime left, he let it go.

kimbo will be fighting on the finale regardless of whether he gets back in the competition.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Not gonna quote that big block again.

We'll most definitely be seeing Kimbo Slice fight at least a couple more times. And Dana White supposedly said that we would see him fight at least one more match in the UFC regardless of of the outcome of the show. Kimbo's definitely the most intriguing guy on the show both personality-wise and in the octagon.

And for people who are disappointed in Kimbo losing, a video that will make you feel better:
For some reason if I quote the Vid you got there, yuku starts acting buggy as you can see in my last post
Good show of boxing skills by Arlovski. For the Boxing heads, he trains with Freddy Roach and has two of the best hands in MMA but ironically one of the worstchins.

These past TUF fights have been a bunch of crap. Here is a video to sober up from.

Clutch - have to disagree with you on 'blasting Roy on his feet'. Thought that fight was rather passive and would have been booed terribly for thelack on inactivity. Agree with everything else though.

Kinda irks me how they still make this whole show about Kimbo even after he loses. It's like theyre hoping somebody better gets injured so they can get himback in the show somehow

Enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy inner-me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

2 things...

Roy is a punk, go back and watch he was talking about getting the cheap win at the top of the show, it was his plan from the beginning.
I will never watch any fight w/ him in it, I thought brock fights were bad but this gut is the definition of "lay and pray"
F'n pathetic
As pathetic and cheap it may have been a win is a win. Though I might not agree that the match was a fun one, it was a smart game plan by BigCountry. Would you risk standing up with Kimbo or do what you know is going to be effective to get your chance at a contract?

"speaking american" "get rashards nuts out yo mouth" Rampage is the man reason this is gonna be a amazing season not even kimbo

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

kimbo WILL fight again trust...
and kimbo needs some muay thai:smile:
never get taken down FTW.
and rampage got jokes lol.

Um... what? Muay Thai doesn't stop takedowns. It's a form of stand-up/striking. Wrestling stops takedowns. BJJ can even stop takedowns. You have tohave stand-up and ground game to succeed. Kimbo's stand-up is basically boxing. That's fine. He can learn more if he wants to but he needs to focus ongetting some wrestling and BJJ in.

wow big country talking about that gypsy game plan. i know its "smart" but atleast try to go to submit him or ko him on the ground dont just stay ontop of him and try to get the ref in

i knew kimbo was gonna lose. i was hoping for a more exciting fightor maybe even a KO from kimbo but roy nelson fought a smart fight.

mr. slice was winning the stand-up battle and roy knew it that why it went to the ground.

true definition of lay n pray. and those punches really were WEAK!

kimbo is a good fighter but is severely lacking in any ground game.

he should go train with couture, dan henderson, and the greg jackson camp. get some wrestling skills.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

wow big country talking about that gypsy game plan. i know its "smart" but atleast try to go to submit him or ko him on the ground dont just stay on top of him and try to get the ref in
A win is a win and he didn't do anything illegal...

Even though Kimbo lost, I bet Dana White is going to be happy with the ratings of this show. It wasn't a bad showing for Kimbo and you can tell he has apretty good work ethic and he is willing to continue to learn and improve. I'm not sure if he'll be able to improve that much by just training on theshow alone but if he joins a camp after the show, I think he can actually improve on his ground game and make some noise in the UFC.

I posted an article a few pages back that he actually already signed a contract with the UFC, not sure if it's true or not though.

i hated that dude roy from the beginning. Now since he got that W over Kimbo, hes never gonna shutup.. Kimbo had em, but on the ground, roys belly just buriedhim and roys face shots were WEAK, idk why they stopped it... I hope kimbo can come back..

Kimbo
tired.gif

at least he aint get embarrassed.. hopefully he'll get to light some one up in the coming weeks.

Originally Posted by sensation87

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

2 things...

Roy is a punk, go back and watch he was talking about getting the cheap win at the top of the show, it was his plan from the beginning.
I will never watch any fight w/ him in it, I thought brock fights were bad but this gut is the definition of "lay and pray"
F'n pathetic
As pathetic and cheap it may have been a win is a win. Though I might not agree that the match was a fun one, it was a smart game plan by Big Country. Would you risk standing up with Kimbo or do what you know is going to be effective to get your chance at a contract?

Heres a hypothetical scenario: Let's say roy won TUF then proceded to win every fight like the kimbo fight you think he'd ever get a title shot likethat? Hell no! Yeah you can win like that but really why are you jumping up and down like you did something great? You noogie'd a guy till the ref stoppedit!

Back
Top Bottom