Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by doyung9

How ironic... Rashad loves to tap his nuts and taunt... yet he won't swing at a guy just standing there, hands on the hips.

Rashad is way to smart to be baited in like that, he knew he was winning and there was no reason for him to rush in

Originally Posted by petozham

Why all the hate for Rashad?

Because he's cocky like Floyd Mayweather... except he's about 30 wins and 1 loss behind Floyd Mayweather.

Originally Posted by doyung9

After this fight, there's gonna be a ton of calls for "MMA" judges... because like someone said... those takedowns are doing nothing. Silva is getting up relatively easy.
Ehhh, I don't know about that.

I mean "Octogon Control" is in the judging criteria, and takedowns definitely fall into that category.

When you continuously take someone down, you're taking them out of their gameplan. You're imposing your will on someone else, regardles of how much"damage" is actually done. Now, if Silva had a completely active guard (see: Aoki) or was getting in shots off the bottom like Diego was gettingwith Guida in his guard, then you might have an argument. But in this case, Thiago was getting taken down and was doing nothing on the bottom.

Thiagos taunting and almost KO > Evans win

finally you none believers believe that Rampage will kill this guy

you guys are way too high on rampage
rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

I wouldn't go and say Rampage is going to beat Rashad. Maybe is Rampage was still a full-time fighter. But he's been off for a long time, and who knowswhat type of training he's been doing during this layoff. He may come into the fight very rusty.

Originally Posted by LakeShow24k

Rashad...you punk, you call out Rampage, you should be past that. No mention of Machida at all? C'MON SON1
Exactly cuz he knows he stands no chance against Machida or Shogun

Originally Posted by third

rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

The clippers beat the celtics does that make them a better team?....I hate when people make these arguments
laugh.gif

and u cant honestly think Griffin is a better fighter then Rampage even after that fight

rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

MMA is way too complex to have that logic and/or rationale. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Rampage's wrestling is enough to nullify what Rashad brings to the table takedown-wise.

Go back to the title match against Dan Henderson. Rampage held his own in the clinch against an Olympic-level Greco-Roman wrestler. And whether or not youwant to believe it, Rampage is the better kickboxer compared to Rashad.

Rampage poses a lot of problems for Rashad's strengths.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I wouldn't go and say Rampage is going to beat Rashad. Maybe is Rampage was still a full-time fighter. But he's been off for a long time, and who knows what type of training he's been doing during this layoff. He may come into the fight very rusty.

he'll most likely come in rusty

but good thing well rounded mma technique isnt how wins his fights, he has solid wrestling but its not how he wins fights, he pretty much wins on his granitechin and his willingness to slug it out with anyone

points or 20 knees to the face, its the only way he's losing

I've been saying for the longest Rashad will get waxed by Page. Rashad isn't gonna be taking Page down at will, and more than likely he's notknocking him out either. Rashad's only chance is to follow Forrest's gameplan: a lot of movement, leg kicks, and don't engage in the pocket. Otherwise he's going to SLEEP. I'm still kinda mad Thiago didn't knock Rashad out when he could, but I can't wait to see Page shut his !%! upso it's all good I guess.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

MMA is way too complex to have that logic and/or rationale. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Rampage's wrestling is enough to nullify what Rashad brings to the table takedown-wise.

Go back to the title match against Dan Henderson. Rampage held his own in the clinch against an Olympic-level Greco-Roman wrestler. And whether or not you want to believe it, Rampage is the better kickboxer compared to Rashad.

hendo isn't on the same level athletically as rashad

honestly i think rashad's wrestling is better than rampage plus rampage isn't very good when he's on the bottom
Infact if rashad follows a gameplan similar to GSP last couple of fights or atleast stick and run like machida i could see him beating rampage in a decision

rampage lost to griffin

griffin lost to rashad

connect the dots

Go back to the title match against Dan Henderson. Rampage held his own in the clinch against an Olympic-level Greco-Roman wrestler. And whether or not you want to believe it, Rampage is the better kickboxer compared to Rashad.

That and Rampage's stand up > Rashad's by a lot

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Griffin didn't beat rampage. The judges say he did but that's bs. It's funny how quick people forget how beast of a rampage is...

^and I'll add to that...had Page never got ROBBED vs. Forrest, Rashad would have never got his hands on that belt in the first place and never beenanywhere near as overrated as he is right now. Rashad's got some tools and he's a good fighter, but he's not good enough to beat the top guys inthe division, Page Shogun and Machida wax his !!% 9 times outta 10. Probably Lil Nog too.

Just got home from watching the fights.

- Silva is an idiot and instead of showboating for an entire minute of the 3rd round he should have finished Rashad when he had the chance. It was funnywatching Thiago taunt Rashad though.
- Daley has serious hands
- Cole Miller had a hell of a triangle choke

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

after seeing this fight rashad would definitely lose to rampage

100% Rampage would KO Evans. My friends didnt believe me when I said this too...Rampage is too strong for Evans

I would feel cheated if I ordered this fight
smh.gif
. I find it hard to believe that Rashad would beat Rampage fighting like he did tonight.

rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

Hell FIGHTING in general is more complex then that. You can't compare past fights with with different fighters. Styles make fights. You can gofrom boxing to wrestling to judo, any kind of combat sport.

rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

MMaTH does not work
for example:
Pulver>penn>hughes>gracie>sakuraba>rampage
Jens pulver>rampage? does not seem right

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by daprescription

co-sign. should have been free on Spike TV.

Go cry in the corner or something. Not every UFC PPV is going to have a title fight or something like that. If anything, this PPV proved that the UFCdoesn't need to stack a card with 'name' fighters to put on a good event.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by daprescription

co-sign. should have been free on Spike TV.

Go cry in the corner or something. Not every UFC PPV is going to have a title fight or something like that. If anything, this PPV proved that the UFC doesn't need to stack a card with 'name' fighters to put on a good event.

At the same time you can't have a card on PPV without big name fighters. That's the point of buying PPVs, to see the big names. Hell the FightNights/WECs have GREAT fights, hell even had the fight of the year with Sanchez/Guida, but I won't pay for it when the very next mourning I can watch it.

BUT at the same time, it's not the UFC's fault that this card had little big names on it.

Back
Top Bottom