Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Im ready for this fight
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by daprescription

I would feel cheated if I ordered this fight
co-sign. should have been free on Spike TV.

Go cry in the corner or something. Not every UFC PPV is going to have a title fight or something like that. If anything, this PPV proved that the UFC doesn't need to stack a card with 'name' fighters to put on a good event.
grin.gif

thiago could have finished rashad IF he had any cardio and stamina left. rashad's wrestling and takedowns apparently took a lot of energy out of thiago.

rashad now reminds me of gsp. both being gun shy on having stand up fights and now rely of their wrestling for the majority of the fight after getting KOed bytheir last opponent. im pretty sure rashad is gonna be doing a lot more wrestling for the rest of his future fights.

semtex... the guy can hit hard. i wanna see him put up against a real striker that hits hard as well. thiago alves would be a great matchup.

Originally Posted by JBSB1989

Im ready for this fight
smokin.gif
I've said it before and I'll say it again Rashad Can't and Won't win he is a bootleg version of page weaker in everything butwrestling but that is debatable with how rampage held his own against Dan Henderson plus if Rashad gets hit by ANY of Rampages punches its over

Originally Posted by third

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by third

you guys are way too high on rampage
rampage lost to griffin
griffin lost to rashad
connect the dots

MMA is way too complex to have that logic and/or rationale. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Rampage's wrestling is enough to nullify what Rashad brings to the table takedown-wise.

Go back to the title match against Dan Henderson. Rampage held his own in the clinch against an Olympic-level Greco-Roman wrestler. And whether or not you want to believe it, Rampage is the better kickboxer compared to Rashad.

Rampage poses a lot of problems for Rashad's strengths.
hendo isn't on the same level athletically as rashad

honestly i think rashad's wrestling is better than rampage plus rampage isn't very good when he's on the bottom
Infact if rashad follows a gameplan similar to GSP last couple of fights or atleast stick and run like machida i could see him beating rampage in a decision
You are high off your a if you think Rashad > Hendo. Hendo would ragdoll Rashad easily. Rashad wouldn't be able to take down Rampage, andwhen he does he wouldn't be able to stop him from standing up. He couldn't keep Thiago down.

Originally Posted by petozham

Why all the hate for Rashad?
Because he's cocky like Floyd Mayweather... except he's about 30 wins and 1 loss behind Floyd Mayweather.
That's a weird statement to make...Nobody is even close to as cocky as PBF, especially Rashad...what else does Rashad have in common with him?

Just give a man props for beating a game opponent, for once. It's not like Thiago is some can.

Also, Haislett's Harold Howard
eek.gif
roll.gif

All Rashad proved this fight was that hes a great wrestler (everyone knew that already)

if he cant stand up with Thiago does he really think he has a chance agaisnt Rampage? or Shogun or Machida?

Paul Daley has a fierce left. Evans would either get KO'd or just badly beaten by Rampage.

Alot of
pimp.gif
news came after 108:

-Gomi could make his debut vs Kenflo (What I tell you?)
-Rampage vs Evans targeted for May
-Dana White is going to meet whith that bum James Toney on a UFC contract
-Daley may fight Kos next and get that %%# beat (
pimp.gif
)

You guys sound like a bunch of critics rather than fans, I thought UFC 108 was great despite lacking the big names. The worst fight was probably the main eventand even that was a good fight. You guys are knocking on Evans for the thing Machida gets praised up and down for. He played it smart, had a good game plan andstuck to it. He looked weak in the third, but everyone gets tagged, it happens. I still think Rashad VS Rampage will be a lot closer than you guys think. Youguys are overrating Jackson, he's far from the smartest fighter, hardly ever has a strategy, and his wrestling is kinda suspect. If Jardine could keep itclose with Rampage, I don't see why Evans can't. Rashad has always been one of the most hated fighters in UFC but he seems to almost always proveeveryone wrong and get better with each fight.

Originally Posted by New Wu

Alot of
pimp.gif
news came after 108:

-Gomi could make his debut vs Kenflo (What I tell you?)
-Rampage vs Evans targeted for May
-Dana White is going to meet whith that bum James Toney on a UFC contract
-Daley may fight Kos next and get that %%# beat (
pimp.gif
)
eek.gif

May sooner then I thought
A pro boxer coming into MMA? lets see if he can do something
Daley vs Kos would be sick thats exactly the fight I was thinking would be next after he crushed "Mclovin"

I don't know about feeding Gomi to your number 2 lightweight in your division. How about giving him someone like Fisher, Guida or even Stout.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I don't know about feeding Gomi to your number 2 lightweight in your division. How about giving him someone like Fisher, Guida or even Stout.

Kenflo is the #3 LW, and Gomi shouldnt be fighting anyone lesser than Joe Stevenson, imo. Gomi is all around a beast and may be a top 5 LW in the UFC. I wouldbarely put him above TG and Maynard. The LW division is stacked with Penn, Gomi, Sanchez, Kenflo, Daddy, Stevenson, Maynard, Guida, and Edgar.
pimp.gif

You guys sound like a bunch of critics rather than fans, I thought UFC 108 was great despite lacking the big names. The worst fight was probably the main event and even that was a good fight. You guys are knocking on Evans for the thing Machida gets praised up and down for. He played it smart, had a good game plan and stuck to it. He looked weak in the third, but everyone gets tagged, it happens. I still think Rashad VS Rampage will be a lot closer than you guys think. You guys are overrating Jackson, he's far from the smartest fighter, hardly ever has a strategy, and his wrestling is kinda suspect. If Jardine could keep it close with Rampage, I don't see why Evans can't. Rashad has always been one of the most hated fighters in UFC but he seems to almost always prove everyone wrong and get better with each fight.
Rampages wrestling is not even close to overrated its by far underrated the man pretty much out wrestled Dan Henderson! He stand up is just onanother level and if you watch his old fights his chin is just
eek.gif
. Watchthe fight of him and Wanderlei were he takes like 20 knees before he gets knocked out and also 1 clean punch from Rampage and Rashad is done

Hendo's wrestling and Rashads wrestling are completely different. Hendo is greco and Rashad's is freestyle. It's hard to compare those two. I thinkRashad can take Rampage down, but I also do agree that Rampage has very underrated wrestling. I'm still indifferent about who I think is gonna win thisfight even after last night.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

You guys sound like a bunch of critics rather than fans, I thought UFC 108 was great despite lacking the big names. The worst fight was probably the main event and even that was a good fight. You guys are knocking on Evans for the thing Machida gets praised up and down for. He played it smart, had a good game plan and stuck to it. He looked weak in the third, but everyone gets tagged, it happens. I still think Rashad VS Rampage will be a lot closer than you guys think. You guys are overrating Jackson, he's far from the smartest fighter, hardly ever has a strategy, and his wrestling is kinda suspect. If Jardine could keep it close with Rampage, I don't see why Evans can't. Rashad has always been one of the most hated fighters in UFC but he seems to almost always prove everyone wrong and get better with each fight.
Rampages wrestling is not even close to overrated its by far underrated the man pretty much out wrestled Dan Henderson! He stand up is just on another level and if you watch his old fights his chin is just
eek.gif
. Watch the fight of him and Wanderlei were he takes like 20 knees before he gets knocked out and also 1 clean punch from Rampage and Rashad is done

Exactly, Rampage won't gass/showboat. It will take one hard shot, and one good flurry and its lights out for Rashad.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by chino905

I would feel cheated if I ordered this fight
co-sign. should have been free on Spike TV.

Go cry in the corner or something. Not every UFC PPV is going to have a title fight or something like that. If anything, this PPV proved that the UFC doesn't need to stack a card with 'name' fighters to put on a good event.
grin.gif

Whoa, am i the only one who thinks Rashad and Thiago Silva are PPV draws?

Whoa, am i the only one who thinks Rashad and Thiago Silva are PPV draws?
It's cuz you're an actual fan of fighting and not some hype-*@@!#. This card proved to be awesome and I was thrilled with this main eventand it didn't disappoint me.

Being an actual fan of fighting has nothing to do with it... Like I said before, Fight Nights and WECs have put on GREAT cards, but when I pay for a PPVit's so I can watch the fighters I don't get to see on their free broadcast.

And Evans and Silva are PPV draws, but outside of Daley and Dos Santos those were the only other fighters, and they both had huge mismatches. Maybe it'sjust me, but the only good fights on the main card were Evans/Silva and Stout/JLau. The rest were incredibly one sided. Yeah it was cool to see Daley throwthat left hook from hell but I wouldn't call it a good fight.

At the same time I think the UFC still did a good job trying to salvage the card with what happened.

Originally Posted by New Wu

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Rampages wrestling is not even close to overrated its by far underrated the man pretty much out wrestled Dan Henderson! He stand up is just on another level and if you watch his old fights his chin is just
eek.gif
. Watch the fight of him and Wanderlei were he takes like 20 knees before he gets knocked out and also 1 clean punch from Rampage and Rashad is done

Exactly, Rampage won't gass/showboat. It will take one hard shot, and one good flurry and its lights out for Rashad.
What makes you think he's gonna get that clean hard shot? Rashad has the speed of a lightweight and great footwork and movement, Rampage hasnever fought anyone that fast, he'll probably get frustrated like Silva and start throwing random haymakers. On top of that, Rashad has provenstriking(although it didn't look at best last night, but I think it's ring rust, he took a really long time off) and power. Rashad way more versatilethan Rampage and could beat him in a number of ways, while Rampage you know it's strictly knock out punch, which makes for an easy game plan for CregJackson and Evans.

I'm not trying to downplay Rampage's abilities, I know dude's a beast, I know he has a great chin, I know he has great stand up, but what I'mtrying to say is Evans ain't no slouch and could very well shock everyone again. Matter fact, I take Evans over Rampage just off the fact that he's sowell rounded and so technical and smart compared to Rampage.

Being an actual fan of fighting has nothing to do with it... Like I said before, Fight Nights and WECs have put on GREAT cards, but when I pay for a PPV it's so I can watch the fighters I don't get to see on their free broadcast.

And Evans and Silva are PPV draws, but outside of Daley and Dos Santos those were the only other fighters, and they both had huge mismatches. Maybe it's just me, but the only good fights on the main card were Evans/Silva and Stout/JLau. The rest were incredibly one sided. Yeah it was cool to see Daley throw that left hook from hell but I wouldn't call it a good fight.

At the same time I think the UFC still did a good job trying to salvage the card with what happened.

Well Evans, Silva, Dos Santos is what you pay the ppv money for and are fighters you don't get to see on broadcast, so there's your drawfor the ppv and top of that you get some really stellar fights outside of there's. I didn't hear nearly as many complaints about the Griffin/Ortizfight being a PPV...I'll take Evans/Silva over that ANY day.

I agree though that the Daley fight was really lop sided.

Back
Top Bottom