Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by New Wu

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

You guys sound like a bunch of critics rather than fans, I thought UFC 108 was great despite lacking the big names. The worst fight was probably the main event and even that was a good fight. You guys are knocking on Evans for the thing Machida gets praised up and down for. He played it smart, had a good game plan and stuck to it. He looked weak in the third, but everyone gets tagged, it happens. I still think Rashad VS Rampage will be a lot closer than you guys think. You guys are overrating Jackson, he's far from the smartest fighter, hardly ever has a strategy, and his wrestling is kinda suspect. If Jardine could keep it close with Rampage, I don't see why Evans can't. Rashad has always been one of the most hated fighters in UFC but he seems to almost always prove everyone wrong and get better with each fight.
Rampages wrestling is not even close to overrated its by far underrated the man pretty much out wrestled Dan Henderson! He stand up is just on another level and if you watch his old fights his chin is just
eek.gif
. Watch the fight of him and Wanderlei were he takes like 20 knees before he gets knocked out and also 1 clean punch from Rampage and Rashad is done

Exactly, Rampage won't gass/showboat. It will take one hard shot, and one good flurry and its lights out for Rashad.
What makes you think he's gonna get that clean hard shot? Rashad has the speed of a lightweight and great footwork and movement, Rampage has never fought anyone that fast, he'll probably get frustrated like Silva and start throwing random haymakers. On top of that, Rashad has proven striking(although it didn't look at best last night, but I think it's ring rust, he took a really long time off) and power. Rashad way more versatile than Rampage and could beat him in a number of ways, while Rampage you know it's strictly knock out punch, which makes for an easy game plan for Creg Jackson and Evans.

I'm not trying to downplay Rampage's abilities, I know dude's a beast, I know he has a great chin, I know he has great stand up, but what I'm trying to say is Evans ain't no slouch and could very well shock everyone again. Matter fact, I take Evans over Rampage just off the fact that he's so well rounded and so technical and smart compared to Rampage.

And if that happens its over, for Rashad.
wink.gif

^Rashad aint Chuck Liddell, he's too smart to sit there and take em. He'll dodge those wit the quickness. Get some of that Machida type backpedalinggoing, cept he won't be praised and loved for it and called illusive, he'll see more hate as usual.

^Rashad aint Chuck Liddell, he's too smart to sit there and take em. He'll dodge those wit the quickness. Get some of that Machida type backpedaling going, cept he won't be praised and loved for it and called illusive, he'll see more hate as usual.

Just like he was doing while he was getting tagged by silva
eyes.gif

Like I said, ring rust. He got careless and lazy in the third round, you really think he's gonna lose his focus against Quinton Rampage Jackson?

I see this as a positive for Rashad. He won the fight, showed dominance in take down ability but at the same time he had kinks to work out and took somethingout of the fight to help better improve him.

You guys sound like a bunch of critics rather than fans, I thought UFC 108 was great despite lacking the big names. The worst fight was probably the main event and even that was a good fight. You guys are knocking on Evans for the thing Machida gets praised up and down for. He played it smart, had a good game plan and stuck to it. He looked weak in the third, but everyone gets tagged, it happens. I still think Rashad VS Rampage will be a lot closer than you guys think. You guys are overrating Jackson, he's far from the smartest fighter, hardly ever has a strategy, and his wrestling is kinda suspect. If Jardine could keep it close with Rampage, I don't see why Evans can't. Rashad has always been one of the most hated fighters in UFC but he seems to almost always prove everyone wrong and get better with each fight.
Rampages wrestling is not even close to overrated its by far underrated the man pretty much out wrestled Dan Henderson! He stand up is just on another level and if you watch his old fights his chin is just
eek.gif
. Watch the fight of him and Wanderlei were he takes like 20 knees before he gets knocked out and also 1 clean punch from Rampage and Rashad is done

Exactly, Rampage won't gass/showboat. It will take one hard shot, and one good flurry and its lights out for Rashad.
What makes you think he's gonna get that clean hard shot? Rashad has the speed of a lightweight and great footwork and movement, Rampage has never fought anyone that fast, he'll probably get frustrated like Silva and start throwing random haymakers. On top of that, Rashad has proven striking(although it didn't look at best last night, but I think it's ring rust, he took a really long time off) and power. Rashad way more versatile than Rampage and could beat him in a number of ways, while Rampage you know it's strictly knock out punch, which makes for an easy game plan for Creg Jackson and Evans.

I'm not trying to downplay Rampage's abilities, I know dude's a beast, I know he has a great chin, I know he has great stand up, but what I'm trying to say is Evans ain't no slouch and could very well shock everyone again. Matter fact, I take Evans over Rampage just off the fact that he's so well rounded and so technical and smart compared to Rampage.

wink.gif

The only other way Rashad has won is his lay and pray technique and Rampage is an amazing wrestler and can easily out wrestle Rashad that would leave stand upand Rashad has Knocked out a bum Chuck Liddell and a overrated Forrest (even though i love him) who outstruck him in the first 2 rounds and got demolished byhis only legit opponent Machida. Also please name ALL the different types of ways the only chance i see Rashad winning is if Rampage doesn't come to thefight in shape at all or one of the luckiest punches in MMA history.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

So I'm the only one that believes Rashad can beat Rampage?
No. I can't pick really. If Evans takes it to the ground, it's his, if it's standing, Rampage takes it. His boxing is a lot morecrisp. Rashad's crackhead head movement doesn't impress me.

eek.gif

wink.gif

The only other way Rashad has won is his lay and pray technique and Rampage is an amazing wrestler and can easily out wrestle Rashad that would leave stand up and Rashad has Knocked out a bum Chuck Liddell and a overrated Forrest (even though i love him) who outstruck him in the first 2 rounds and got demolished by his only legit opponent Machida. Also please name ALL the different types of ways the only chance i see Rashad winning is if Rampage doesn't come to the fight in shape at all or one of the luckiest punches in MMA history.
Amazing wrestler my +#*, go see how easy Sakuraba took care of him, Rampage was helpless on the ground. A bum Chuck Liddell?
indifferent.gif
. Liddell is never a bum. The Liddell Evans knocked out was just twofights after the Liddell Jackson beat for the tittle btw. Also another btw, that fight between Liddell and Evans was to see who was gonna face the LHW champnext, so you're acting like Liddell wasn't a top contender at that point.

Yeah an overrated Forrest Griffin that Rampage couldn't beat...Machida was just superior, nothing much to be said there, but as much as I would love tosee Rampage KO Machida, I see Machida beating Rampage too.

How many different ways can Rashad beat him? KO, TKO, GnP, octagon control with take downs, better game plan and adjustment during fight which would lead to adecision favoring him...With Rampage, it's just strictly KO or TKO.

No. I can't pick really. If Evans takes it to the ground, it's his, if it's standing, Rampage takes it. His boxing is a lot more crisp. Rashad's crackhead head movement doesn't impress me.
This is my take as well. I hate how people act like Evans is a slouch and this is gonna be a landslide. Personally I think it's gonna be agreat fight and can't wait to see it. Also as far as his crackhead head movement goes, obviously it was affective last night if the only round hedidn't use it he got tagged.

eek.gif

wink.gif

The only other way Rashad has won is his lay and pray technique and Rampage is an amazing wrestler and can easily out wrestle Rashad that would leave stand up and Rashad has Knocked out a bum Chuck Liddell and a overrated Forrest (even though i love him) who outstruck him in the first 2 rounds and got demolished by his only legit opponent Machida. Also please name ALL the different types of ways the only chance i see Rashad winning is if Rampage doesn't come to the fight in shape at all or one of the luckiest punches in MMA history.
Amazing wrestler my +#*, go see how easy Sakuraba took care of him, Rampage was helpless on the ground. A bum Chuck Liddell?
indifferent.gif
. Liddell is never a bum. The Liddell Evans knocked out was just two fights after the Liddell Jackson beat for the tittle btw. Also another btw, that fight between Liddell and Evans was to see who was gonna face the LHW champ next, so you're acting like Liddell wasn't a top contender at that point.

Yeah an overrated Forrest Griffin that Rampage couldn't beat...Machida was just superior, nothing much to be said there, but as much as I would love to see Rampage KO Machida, I see Machida beating Rampage too.

How many different ways can Rashad beat him? KO, TKO, GNP, octagon control with take downs, better game plan and adjustment during fight which would lead to a decision favoring him...With Rampage, it's just strictly KO or TKO.

No. I can't pick really. If Evans takes it to the ground, it's his, if it's standing, Rampage takes it. His boxing is a lot more crisp. Rashad's crackhead head movement doesn't impress me.
This is my take as well. I hate how people act like Evans is a slouch and this is gonna be a landslide. Personally I think it's gonna be a great fight and can't wait to see it. Also as far as his crackhead head movement goes, obviously it was affective last night if the only round he didn't use it he got tagged.

You really can't pick? You just gave us a thousand reasons why Rampage sucks and why Rashad is awesome.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I don't know about feeding Gomi to your number 2 lightweight in your division. How about giving him someone like Fisher, Guida or even Stout.

Kenflo is the #3 LW, and Gomi shouldnt be fighting anyone lesser than Joe Stevenson, imo. Gomi is all around a beast and may be a top 5 LW in the UFC. I would barely put him above TG and Maynard. The LW division is stacked with Penn, Gomi, Sanchez, Kenflo, Daddy, Stevenson, Maynard, Guida, and Edgar.
pimp.gif
word i think they should build him up a bit more. but i guess Kenny is ok(dudes a vet, i think he would whup kenny).
hopefully he does not get caught in a sub. I cant wait, some great matchups coming our way
pimp.gif

You really can't pick? You just gave us a thousand reasons why Rampage sucks and why Rashad is awesome.
The question isn't who I want to win, it's who I would pick. I would like Rashad to win, but to me it's a toss up and I was givingreasons why I think it is a toss up and why I think Rashad can win when everyone else is so confident that it wont even be close and it'd be a walk in thepark for Jackson. Earlier I stated I would pick Rashad but I admit it was rash and biased since I'm not the biggest Rampage fan.

dont get me wrong I dont Think itll be a landslide. I actually like Rashad he is in my top 5 favorite UFC Fighters, But I just think hes gonna get knocked outby Rampage even though I probably am a little biased since hes my favorite

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Agreed he thinks by bobbing his head up and down and moving his hands in circles hes gonna throw someone off

eek.gif

wink.gif

indifferent.gif
. Liddell is never a bum. The Liddell Evans knocked out was just two fights after the Liddell Jackson beat for the tittle btw. Also another btw, that fight between Liddell and Evans was to see who was gonna face the LHW champ next, so you're acting like Liddell wasn't a top contender at that point.

Yeah an overrated Forrest Griffin that Rampage couldn't beat...Machida was just superior, nothing much to be said there, but as much as I would love to see Rampage KO Machida, I see Machida beating Rampage too.

How many different ways can Rashad beat him? KO, TKO, GnP, octagon control with take downs, better game plan and adjustment during fight which would lead to a decision favoring him...With Rampage, it's just strictly KO or TKO.

This is my take as well. I hate how people act like Evans is a slouch and this is gonna be a landslide. Personally I think it's gonna be a great fight and can't wait to see it. Also as far as his crackhead head movement goes, obviously it was affective last night if the only round he didn't use it he got tagged.

1.That fight is dated and he held his own for 3 rounds with Dan Henderson and won.
2. After that KO by Rampage, Liddell hasn't won a fight since so yes he became washed up after an amazing career
3. Forrest beat Rampage in a controversial decision . Also it doesn't work like that because its all about match ups.
4. Also if Silva got up with ease from Rashad, Rampage would get up by overpowering him and his underrated groundskill.
5. Lastly the second he stops using that head movement he is a sitting duck

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Agreed he thinks by bobbing his head up and down and moving his hands in circles hes gonna throw someone off
Truth, it don't work, well I guess Chuck but Machida just read it and Thiago was too late.

I got to say it's a toss up and though both Rashad and Rampage annoy me, I would rather see Rampage get hurt.

I agree with lakersfan1 but chuck whooped wands @!# after the rampage loss. I still agree the chuck, Rashad beat is not prime. He's too old to rely ontaking punches and he's slower. Also in point 1, are you refering to rampage going 3 rounds with Dan? Cause it was 5 rounds of one of the best championshipfights I've ever seen. Rampage just took it to Dan and pounded his head in and as usual page showed his awarness of sub attempts.

Why does everyone care about Rampage VS Rashad so much? I care more about Couture VS Coleman, lol.

[h1]UFCand M-1 reopen talks; White hopeful for Emelianenko and Mousasi in the UFC (Updated)[/h1]
by Dann Stupp on Jan 04, 2010 at 12:00 pm ET

/dyn/images/fighters/fedor-emelianenko-13.jpgApparently, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's door hasn't completely closed on notables Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi.

Although the M-1 fighters are signed in the U.S. to Strikeforce and past negotiations with the UFC fell apart, UFC president Dana White said he recently reopened talks with M-1 Global boss Vadim Finkelstein.

White wouldn't elaborate on the nature of the discussions and said only they've taken place "more recently than you would think."

Finkelstein's recent Twitter message came a day after White confirmed the renewed talks.

White's update, which raised more than a few eyebrows, followed a simple question asking if Mousasi, the former DREAM middleweight champ and current Strikeforce light-heavyweight title-holder, would never be a UFC fighter.

"I wouldn't say he never would be," White said on Saturday. "It's not that I don't want to talk to M-1. I want to get this [expletive] done. I want him, and I want Fedor. I want to do it. And I never say never. They can call me right now, and we can start talking and figure this thing out. I'd love to get Mousasi in here. He should be. He deserves to be.

"I like [Mousasi] a lot. I'd love to get him in here and try him out with some of the other guys."

When pressed for details, White declined to elaborate but confirmed the talks have taken place recently.

While certainly good news for THE UFC fans who want the top fighters under the company's umbrella, it's certain to cause concern for Strikefore and broadcast partners Showtime and CBS, who have relied (and will continue to rely) heavily on the two stars. Both are expected to figure prominently into Strikeforce's 2010 plans with Emelianenko likely to contend for the organization's heavyweight belt and Mousasi expected to defend his title, which he recently took from Renato "Babalu" Sobral.

Emelianenko, the longtime PRIDE champion, recently competed for Affliction Entertainment, where he defeated ex-UFC champs Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski. After its promotional demise, Emelianenko and the UFC entered talks that soon sparked a war of words in the media. White said the fighter's demands (which included the caveat that Emelianenko's UFC fights must be co-promoted by M-1 Global) were outlandish, but he said he was willing to pay big for the fighter. (Finkelstein, though, later denied reports that the UFC had offered a contract worth $30 million.) However, the co-promoting demands eventually halted the negotiations.

The talks temporary broke down in July, and Emelianenko signed with Strikeforce the next month. The promotion then announced a network-TV deal with CBS, and Emelianenko headlined the first show with a knockout victory over Brett Rogers in November.

Emelianenko (31-1) and Mousasi (28-2-1) are both expected to fight again for Strikeforce in the spring.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I agree with lakersfan1 but chuck whooped wands @!# after the rampage loss. I still agree the chuck, Rashad beat is not prime. He's too old to rely on taking punches and he's slower. Also in point 1, are you refering to rampage going 3 rounds with Dan? Cause it was 5 rounds of one of the best championship fights I've ever seen. Rampage just took it to Dan and pounded his head in and as usual page showed his awarness of sub attempts.
ya my fault i was in a rush to write it so put 3 but that even further proves my point

yeah after that henderson fight i can't see how anyone can say that rampage can't hold his own against any top notch wrestler.

glad rashad won, time for them to fight each other and shut up

WEC this weekend, can't wait to see Urijah back in action!
pimp.gif

Pretty good card with Henderson vs Varner and Mike Brown fighting aswell.

Back
Top Bottom