Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

love watching Clay Guida fight... Dude always give it his 110%
Guida is just a glorified cracked out blanket who will never be anything more than a gatekeeper

WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson
Date: Jan 10, 2010
Venue: ARCO Arena
Broadcast: Versus

MAIN CARD

* Champ Jamie Varner vs. interim champ Benson Henderson (to unify lightweight title)
* Raphael Assuncao vs. Urijah Faber
* Dave Jansen vs. Kamal Shalorus
* Mike Brown vs. Anthony Morrison
* Mackens Semerzier vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Akitoshi Tamura vs. Charlie Valencia
* Bryan Caraway vs. Mark Hominick
* Wagnney Fabiano vs. Clint Godfrey
* George Roop vs. Eddie Wineland
* Will Campuzano vs. Coty Wheeler

It'll be interesting to see how Arco fills up for this fight card given Uriah has 2nd billing to the Varner vs. Henderson unification match. For Brownvs. Faber 2, there was literally Faber-related gear on 40 % of the people in the building.

Hopefully the Henderson Varner match is intriguing enough to get people going nuts in the building like last time. Arco gets LOUD.

I hope Ben Henderson chokes Jamie Varner the **** out.

Originally Posted by sNc magic

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

love watching Clay Guida fight... Dude always give it his 110%
Guida is just a glorified cracked out blanket who will never be anything more than a gatekeeper
laugh.gif

clearly i dont follow WEC i just turned on VS and it has another event on Faber vs Brown 2 but then im like wait their events start at 7pm?? but this isold...the real event starts at 9

Shogun vs Rua + Fight Club
laugh.gif
classic.

Tonights event airs live at 6 PST

WAR CA KID

smh at Varner tapping out. Cmon now, I'm a fan with him playing the "heel" and all but tapping out that fast without even attempting a slam?

His gameplan was foiled when Herb didn't stop the fight after that head kick
laugh.gif

SMH @ "I came here to strike. Ben came here to grapple" after he attempted the first sub of the fight.

Good to see Urijah let those hands go. Also, I appreciated Raphael's class. Will definitely root for him in the future.

Originally Posted by sensation87

smh at Varner tapping out. Cmon now, I'm a fan with him playing the "heel" and all but tapping out that fast without even attempting a slam?
lol He clearly doesn't have as much heart or whatever as Henderson. But that said, that guillotine was in deep, with Henderson having applieda body lock and all of his weight swinging off Varner. You probably don't know what you're talking about if you think that tapout was too fast.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

You probably don't know what you're talking about if you think that tapout was too fast.
yeah you're right. he obviously couldn't have done anything to get out.
eyes.gif

I hope Ben Henderson chokes Jamie Varner the **** out.

laugh.gif

DirectTV doesn't have Versus anymore so I couldn't watch it.

Same here. Had to refresh MMAJunkie to read the play-by-play.
frown.gif

UFN 20 tonight, should be a few good fights, definately looking forward to Maynard/Diaz "2".

WAR DIAZ!!!!

Originally Posted by sensation87

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

You probably don't know what you're talking about if you think that tapout was too fast.
yeah you're right. he obviously couldn't have done anything to get out.
eyes.gif

Gotta agree with sensation87 here. I mean there is no doubt that Henderson had the choke in tight, but Varner could have attempted SOMETHING before tappingout. Not that I have a wealth of grappling experience (or any for that matter hahaha) but right after Varner tapped it didn't appear that he was meremoments away from going to sleep. If you get stuck in that kind of position don't you do anything and everything possible to try and only as a last resortdo you tap (or to prevent actually going to sleep). Varner did nothing. Even though an arm in guillotine is a wind choke more than a neck crank, it lookslike Varner succumbed to the pain of the choke more than actually getting put to sleep. That to me shows that Varner does not have the heart of a champion.

im also one of the many victims of the this DirecTV not having Versus fiasco.

UFN should be good tonight. A frank edgar win and a gray Maynard loss could solidify the next contender to Penn at 155.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

aldo gonna put the beats on him...sorry

if he does win he just gonna lose to mike brown once again

im a fan of urijahs and hes got a lot of skill and talent but im starting to shake my head at his fighting style, he throws one strike at a time and when hedoes it he throws it wild as hell - and thats how mike brown got him the first time

he doesnt have the hands to blast people so he needs to start mixing it up, on top of that mike brown would have wrecked him while he kept keeping his handsdown last night
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom