Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'm trying to go on Sunday...There's a $75 deal for a Kings ticket on Saturday + meet and greet with Zuffa fighters + ticket for Sunday's event.Sounds pretty good.

Diego VS Sherk???????
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

a2926405a01552dcbf7304fc6cba4e30a053532a.x-png

Read closely, from my twitter.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

what's so exciting about Diego and Sherk?

explain.

Both of these guys last couple of fights have been very exciting, except for Diego VS penn. This is also a classic matchup of vet VS young fighter. Also Diegois my fav fighter.
pimp.gif

*Case Closed*

Originally Posted by New Wu

explain.

Both of these guys last couple of fights have been very exciting, except for Diego VS penn. This is also a classic matchup of vet VS young fighter. Also Diego is my fav fighter.
pimp.gif

*Case Closed*

I don't know if Sherks fights vs. Griffin and Edgar are what I would call "exciting" or memorable but to each their own.

As far as Diego being your favorite fighter... hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions and allegiances right?
happy.gif
(War Penn)

I think this fight proves nothing for nobody. Sherk is no longer an elite championship caliber fighter nor will he ever be. His reach sucks, his striking isvery average if that, and he has limited KO power. By no means am I a Diego fan (although I respect his heart and ability) but if you run that fight 10 times,Diego should take it 8 out of 10 times. As an amateur MMA handicapper I would be greatly surprised if Diego came in any less than a -250 to -270 favorite ifthat fight were to happen.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

explain.

Both of these guys last couple of fights have been very exciting, except for Diego VS penn. This is also a classic matchup of vet VS young fighter. Also Diego is my fav fighter.
pimp.gif

*Case Closed*

I don't know if Sherks fights vs. Griffin and Edgar are what I would call "exciting" or memorable but to each their own.

As far as Diego being your favorite fighter... hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions and allegiances right?
happy.gif
(War Penn)

I think this fight proves nothing for nobody. Sherk is no longer an elite championship caliber fighter nor will he ever be. His reach sucks, his striking is very average if that, and he has limited KO power. By no means am I a Diego fan (although I respect his heart and ability) but if you run that fight 10 times, Diego should take it 8 out of 10 times. As an amateur MMA handicapper I would be greatly surprised if Diego came in any less than a -250 to -270 favorite if that fight were to happen.
Diego wont run over Sherk, imo. Both of them match up at cardio and Sherk is a better wrestler. Guida has really good wrestling/cardio and almostbeat Diego. Diego should take a decision win.(
ohwell.gif
)

explain.

pimp.gif

*Case Closed*

happy.gif
(War Penn)

I think this fight proves nothing for nobody. Sherk is no longer an elite championship caliber fighter nor will he ever be. His reach sucks, his striking is very average if that, and he has limited KO power. By no means am I a Diego fan (although I respect his heart and ability) but if you run that fight 10 times, Diego should take it 8 out of 10 times. As an amateur MMA handicapper I would be greatly surprised if Diego came in any less than a -250 to -270 favorite if that fight were to happen.
Diego wont run over Sherk, imo. Both of them match up at cardio and Sherk is a better wrestler. Guida has really good wrestling/cardio and almost beat Diego. Diego should take a decision win.(
ohwell.gif
)

hahahaha how you gonna short change your favorite fighter like that? Guida did not almost beat Diego (as far as I remember). It was a clear cut win for Diegothat night. Sherk's wrestling may be better but he's not going to be able to pick up and slam Diego at will. Diego's standup >>>>>Sherk's standup. By no means does Diego have elite level striking, but he should destroy Sherk on his feet. This fight will be a 3 round kickboxing matchwith some clinching involved but thats it. Diego in 3, unanimous decision almost every time.

explain.

pimp.gif

*Case Closed*

happy.gif
(War Penn)

Diego wont run over Sherk, imo. Both of them match up at cardio and Sherk is a better wrestler. Guida has really good wrestling/cardio and almost beat Diego. Diego should take a decision win.(
ohwell.gif
)

hahahaha how you gonna short change your favorite fighter like that? Guida did not almost beat Diego (as far as I remember). It was a clear cut win for Diego that night. Sherk's wrestling may be better but he's not going to be able to pick up and slam Diego at will. Diego's standup >>>>> Sherk's standup. By no means does Diego have elite level striking, but he should destroy Sherk on his feet. This fight will be a 3 round kickboxing match with some clinching involved but thats it. Diego in 3, unanimous decision almost every time.

Guida took the 2nd round and if he couldve kept Diego down in the third it wouldve been 2 to 1 for Guida. Diego has a lot beter standup, but if he gets takendown and cant get back up it might be a problem.

eek.gif
Was Daley tryin to talk down on Kos?

EDIT:Nvm, he was talkin bout Carlos Condit....

What a re some matchups you guys would love to see this year?

Overeem VS Fedor
Hendo VS Mousasi
Hendo VS Sheilds
Wand VS Anybody
Shogun VS Macida 2
Shogun VS Rashad
Rampage VS Rashad
Diego VS Kenflo
Kenflo VS Gomi
Guida VS Joe Daddy
Yvel VS Kongo 2
Mir VS Carwin
Diego VS Gomi
T Griffin VS Maynard
Koscheck VS Daley
Marquardt VS Silva 2
Rogerio Noguera VS Forrest
Lawal VS Werdum
Cro Cop VS Yvel
Hughes VS Koscheck

That's all I can think of off the top of my head
pimp.gif

[h1]UFN 20 headliner Nate Diaz wants ex-training partnerTyson Griffin after Gray Maynard[/h1]
by Steven Marrocco on Jan 08, 2010 at 4:15 pm ET

/dyn/images/fighters/nate-diaz-6.jpgGray Maynard isn't the only onewith a bout hanging over his shoulder.

Nate Diaz, who meets Maynard on Monday in the main event of UFC Fight Night 20 in Fairfax, Va., is already fired up for another fight when he gets done withMaynard.

And while much of the buzz surrounding their fight has focused on a possible title opportunity for "The Bully," Diaz has his own hit list.

"I would like to fight [Tyson Griffin] no matter what," said Diaz on a conference call promoting the Jan. 11 event. "He's a #$%$%. Idon't even like that guy. [Expletive] Tyson."

Diaz and Griffin were training partners at a Cesar Gracie affiliate school for two years when Griffin moved to Las Vegas in late 2006. They eventually formedthe foundation for the gym that would become Xtreme Couture. Since then, though, their relationship has been rocky, to say the least.

Diaz accused Griffin of giving out scouting reports to the fighters of the Las Vegas gym.

"I understand if you're a fighter, but he trained with me and sweat and bled, and people are like, 'Oh, he wanted to go see what other trainingwas like,' but I'm like no," Diaz said. "What he did, he's over there training with Gray now, who I've got to fight, talking abouteverything when I used to train with them, not Gray specifically, but anybody who I might have to fight down the line. So as far as I'm concerned, it'sall around not being a #$%$% and [expletive] over your friends.

"It's not that personal. He was never really a friend that deep. He was a training partner that I was down for, but then he bounced, so whatever. Ilike him less than people I have to fight normally. I think he's a #$%$%."

Diaz said Griffin was big-headed and not the fighter he made himself out to be.

"He was with us, and he acted like he was ahead of me back in the day, like saying I needed to work my way up to fight him," Diaz said. "I'mlike, 'Let's not beat around the bush.' ... When he came to Cesar Gracie, I had already fought before, and I whupped him. He jumped in sometimeswith me and Gilbert (Melendez), and (Griffin) got handled most of the time he was in training."

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) could not immediately reach Griffin for comment. Meanwhile, Maynard, a longtime friend of Griffin's,refused to take the bait during the call.

"There's nothing to say," the 30-year-old Las Vegas native said when discussing the training-partner drama.

"All he can say is Nathan Diaz used to whoop my @*% training," Diaz cut in.

There was then an awkward silence on the line.

Diaz, 24, bested Maynard in the semifinals of "The Ultimate Fighter 5" and said that his improvement outmatched Maynard's since the show.

"It might not make a difference how much better you've gotten, but I've been training hard," he said. "I'm ready to win. ... I'mgonna whoop his @*%.

"I still think all in all, he does the same type of stuff to win each fight ... being a better wrestler. But a fight is a fight, and I feel like I canimprove in all areas. I've just got to do things right the night of the fight."

If there was any more gasoline to throw on the fire, Diaz (11-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) disputed the idea that Maynard (8-0-1 MMA, 6-0 UFC) was worthier than him ofgetting a title shot.

"I think they're talking about him getting a title fight because he's had so many wins in a row, but if you think about it, I think I've beenfighting more consistently," Diaz said. "I have more fights than Gray, so that's why he's got more wins - because he hasn't fought asmany times as I have."

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 20, stay tuned to the the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

I can't wait to see Gray beat Nate down and then hopefully see Tyson KO him like he did Franca.
pimp.gif

Nate Diaz is a clown. That being said, he knows how to play the heel role and sell a fight.

Gray is going to do to him what every other wrestler (ie. Joe Daddy & Guida) did to him. Pick his @%$ up, slam him to the ground, rinse, wash, repeat.Unanimous Decision victory. That kid Diaz sure likes to run his mouth when he has never beat an elite level fighter. Hell he hasn't even beat a gatekeeperstatus fighter.

Oh, and am I the only one that wants to see Herschel Walker get KO'd later this month by that Nagy guy? Lol, I was hoping for his first fight inStrikeforce that he would have to fight Werdum or Overeem, lol.

chuck vs anderson silva..KO of the night for sure.
bj and gomi again
gsp and sanchez

Originally Posted by j671

chuck vs anderson silva..KO of the night for sure.
bj and gomi again
gsp and sanchez
laugh.gif
You must hate Chuck, Gomi, and Sanchez, because all threewould get manhandled.

Besides the fights this year. I would like to see
BJ Penn vs. Thiago Alves (BJ moving up to WW)
Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva (Catchweight Bout)
Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
Josh Koscheck vs. Jon Fitch
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Sanchez
Jon Jones vs. Thiago Silva
Mauricio Rua vs. Quinton Jackson 2
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2

For kicks and laughs: Brandon Vera vs. Tito Ortiz

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Besides the fights this year. I would like to see
BJ Penn vs. Thiago Alves (BJ moving up to WW)
Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva (Catchweight Bout)
Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
Josh Koscheck vs. Jon Fitch
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Sanchez
Jon Jones vs. Thiago Silva
Mauricio Rua vs. Quinton Jackson 2
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2

For kicks and laughs: Brandon Vera vs. Tito Ortiz
nice list.
pimp.gif
I really wanna see kos vs bj.
pimp.gif

[h1]Clay Guidaand Sean Sherk agree to meet at UFC Fight Night 21 in March[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 09, 2010 at 4:55 pm ET

/dyn/images/fighters/sean-sherk-5.jpgThe UFC's forthcoming debut on the Versus network is already shaping up nicely, and a lightweight scrap between Clay Guida (25-11 MMA, 5-5 UFC) and Sean Sherk (33-4-1 MMA, 7-4 UFC) is in the works for the event.

The bout was first reported by The Times of Northwest Indiana, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed with sources close to the event that verbal agreements from both fighters are in place.

Bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

The as-yet-unannounced UFC Fight Night 21 event, which is expected to feature a main event between light heavyweight contenders Jon Jones and Brandon Vera, is scheduled for March 21. The event will mark the first time the UFC has broadcast a live event on the Versus network.

Sherk, a former UFC lightweight champion, looks to rebound from a disappointing unanimous-decision loss to Frankie Edgar at UFC 98 in what served as "The Muscle Shark's" only 2009 bout. After defeating Hermes Franca in 2007 for his lone UFC title defense, Sherk has gone just 1-2 under the UFC banner.

Sherk had been expected to fight at the injury plagued UFC 108 event, but a deep cut suffered in training forced him off of the card.

Meanwhile, Guida seeks to snap a two-fight losing streak. After falling short in a split-decision result with in his "Fight of the Year" with Diego Sanchez, Guida was submitted y Kenny Florian at December's UFC 107 event.

Guida receieved a 180-day suspension from the Tennessee Athletic Commission for the damage he received in the contest, but "The Carpenter" can be cleared earlier by an ophthalmologist.

Not excited......At all.....
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom