Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

everybody including showtime knew kimbo was gonna eat him up.

they have to build him first. anyone with grappling background is gonna take it to kimbo.

he's still unpolished but dude's potential is ridiculous.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Kimbo throwing away his mouthpiece and proceeding to knocking Tank out.Early!!!

jesus christ man, Tank Abbott looked like he just showed up to the fight after going to the bar and like he hadnt practiced at all these last few months

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

With this circus show over, 2 more weeks until The Spider vs. Dangerous Dan. Seriously though, can Kimbo fight someone with skill, who isn't in their 40's, and who isn't 50 pounds overweight?

Ironically Goldberg just said he would fight the winner of the ken shamrock fight. Shamrock is a dinosaur
laugh.gif
I can see Kimbo knocking out all these old guys that are huge names in MMA. Gary Shaw is doing a great job of building Kimbo.

I don't think Ken would be dumb enough to be Kimbo's stepping stone. Plus, they're trying to set up the fight between Ken and Frank for 2009,with the idea that the winner fights Tito, with the loser being in his corner.

The show was a complete 180 from the WEC show. That one was way scientific with smaller guys and this one had three heavyweight fights, with two looking morelike a battle of WWE wrestlers as far as how big and cartoon characterish they looked. Definitely two different ways of promoting. And both were entertainingin their own way.

If you're a fan of quick, devastating knockouts, you got four of them here.

I also blogged the results if anyone is interested.

EXC: Street CertifiedResults

Originally Posted by presequel

when/who does frank shamrock fight next?
I don't know when but he he's fighting cung le. and I hope this fight stays on there feet the whole time. cung le got some kicks

Frank Shamrock is fighting Cung Le on March 29th I believe.

I was amped for Chuck/Wanderlei. But I am about to short circuit waiting for the Hendo/Silva fight.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Frank Shamrock is fighting Cung Le on March 29th I believe.

I was amped for Chuck/Wanderlei. But I am about to short circuit waiting for the Hendo/Silva fight.

Yep, I actually live in San Jose, and out of all the weeks to be out of town, it's March 29.

Not too much buzz for Hendo and Silva, but it should be a really good fight.

Butterbean should fight Kimbo, would be a great test considering Butterbean knows his jiu jitsu and has plenty of KO power. Should happen soon consideringhe's going to be 40 in August
ohwell.gif

Poor, Poor Tank. Shoulda hung em up in '96. Or better yet, after your first devastation of John Matua. At least then you would have remained the craziestbrawler on the planet. Now I feel sorry for you.

On the lighter side, Yves finally looked good again; Thugjitsu makin a comeback hopefully. Also, for the love of God lets see Brett Rodgers fight Kimbo.Rodgers vs. Kimbo = Hospital Bill. But knowing how EliteXC rolls, we are more likely to witness Rodgers vs. Tank and Kimbo vs. "The Instructional DVDKing" James Thompson.
smh.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

I think MMAKInsider nailed a comparison of Cung Le and Kimbo in the manner in which they are handled:

I am very, very interested to see what EliteXC does next with Kimbo Slice. There's talk of a Ken Shamrock fight, which I actually think is a good idea and a real challenge, but at 34 years old, Kimbo doesn't have time on his side. They're going to have figure out very quickly if he's going to be a cash-generating spectacle or a legit heavyweight contender. It's kind of like Strikeforce with Cung Le. People will pay to watch him fight anyone, but they recently gave him a real challenge with Frank Shamrock.

It's a tough line to walk as a promoter. You can put Kimbo up against legitimate competition and risk having him embarrassed. Or you can protect him andfeed him lower level/past their prime talent and keep him as your cash cow.

If it's the latter, hindsight might leave Kimbo as a joke rather than a legitimate MMA fighter.

[h3]mmajunkie.com said:[/h3]
Reminiscent of the ever-popular PRIDE Fighting Championships' ref cams, Showtime has video from a camera won by referee Jorge Ortiz, who officiated Saturday's headline fight. Slice, of course, posted a first-round, 43-second knockout victory in the fight.

Mark Hunt would handle Kimbo.

That's exactly who EliteXC wouldn't want to fight Kimbo. It's pretty clear that the people that come out to watch Kimbo fight aren't regularMMA fans. They wouldn't be able to comprehend how someone that looks like Mark Hunt could do the type of damage he does.

My boy told me a couple months ago about Mark Hunt's attempted Senton on Wanderlei. Finally seeing that alone makes him my hero.

^ I think its pretty much a given that if Mirko's LHK can't KO Mark, nothing short of a Tank (a real tank not Tank Abbott) will KO him. But I said thesame thing about the Nog bros...

I consider myself more than just a 'casual' fan, but even I think a lot of so called MMA 'experts' underestimate what Kimbo might be capableof.
The average fighter doesn't have the desire/intensity to train like Kimbo does. Also, most HW's don't have the possess the killer instinct thatKimbo shows he has. I think he has the tools needed to be more than just a brawling-gimmick fighter.

Back
Top Bottom